Beard + Houris = Sahih?

Al-Indunisiy

:salam2:

Is this riwayah true, that the beard is the place where houris hang on?
Is it a hadith or something? Is it authenticated?

Shukran kathiran in advance to anyone answering.

To be honest I think this one is ridiculous and highly suspicious, but I'm open to verification.

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

i have never read this in authentic books of hadiths. houris hanging on the beard?

it sounds so awkward too.

Allah knows besat

Abu Talib

Feeling low

We don't know exactly how would we look like in Jannah so how can they hang on our beards.

Sound truly fabricated Allahu 3lam

daywalker

its not houris hang on, but malaikah(angel), am searching for long time the narration, hope soon i will find it inshallah.

haakym

love
I heard from a friend that we won't even have beards in paradise, though I'd like mine. Maybe someone can clarify that too.

Al-Indunisiy

:salam2: yes

Why do I get the impression that this is some local religious myth that has no basis in muslim texts? I mean, so far the only ones here knowing this are you and me (remember, I'm Indonesian) and I could only find this among Indonesian and Malaysian sites/forums in the internet.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Ikhwan wa akhwaat, lets not indulge in matters that we have doubts upon. Meaning that, if this is to be true, we need evidence from texts, not just some assurance from people with a yes/no.

As for this 'religious myth' circling around Indonesian/Malaysian/South East Asian, I have never heard such thing before from my place. But of course, there's still a lot for me to learn.

Until then, its best to stick to the authentic sources unless one can come up with the evidence with regards to the original question of this thread.

Allaah knows best.

Was-salaam.

daywalker

Why do I get the impression that this is some local religious myth that has no basis in muslim texts? I mean, so far the only ones here knowing this are you and me (remember, I'm Indonesian) and I could only find this among Indonesian and Malaysian sites/forums in the internet.
not necessarily, because i heard that from a jazairi brother, whom i asked to give reference, and he told he will search and let me know, but somehow i aint getting any contact with him.

and most of the fabricated things are written in araic book because that is the place from where those things were introduced, not everything is produced in asia =)

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum

I'm also from south east Asian region, Bangladesh
but I haven't heard it before in my whole life!!!

wassalam

daywalker

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ وَأَبُو هِشَامٍ الرِّفَاعِىُّ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا مُعَاذُ بْنُ هِشَامٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنْ عَامِرٍ الأَحْوَلِ عَنْ شَهْرِ بْنِ حَوْشَبٍ عَنْ أَبِى هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- « أَهْلُ الْجَنَّةِ جُرْدٌ مُرْدٌ كُحْلٌ لاَ يَفْنَى شَبَابُهُمْ وَلاَ تَبْلَى ثِيَابُهُمْ ». قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ.
Abu Hurayrah :rad: reports that the Messenger of Allah stated, "The people of jannah will be hairless, beardless, and black-eyed; their youth will not cease, nor will their clothes wear away." (al-Tirmidhi; Hasan Gharib)

- حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ فِرَاسٍ الْبَصْرِىُّ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو دَاوُدَ حَدَّثَنَا عِمْرَانُ أَبُو الْعَوَّامِ عَنْ قَتَادَةَ عَنْ شَهْرِ بْنِ حَوْشَبٍ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ غَنْمٍ عَنْ مُعَاذِ بْنِ جَبَلٍ أَنَّ النَّبِىَّ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- قَالَ « يَدْخُلُ أَهْلُ الْجَنَّةِ الْجَنَّةَ جُرْدًا مُرْدًا مُكَحَّلِينَ أَبْنَاءَ ثَلاَثِينَ أَوْ ثَلاَثٍ وَثَلاَثِينَ سَنَةً ». قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ وَبَعْضُ أَصْحَابِ قَتَادَةَ رَوَوْا هَذَا عَنْ قَتَادَةَ مُرْسَلاً وَلَمْ يُسْنِدُوهُ.
Mu'adh ibn Jabal :rad: reports that the Prophet stated, "The people of Jannah will enter it hairless, beardless, wearing antimony, aged thirty or thirty-three years." (al-Tirmidhi; Hasan Gharib)

haakym

love

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ وَأَبُو هِشَامٍ الرِّفَاعِىُّ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا مُعَاذُ بْنُ هِشَامٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنْ عَامِرٍ الأَحْوَلِ عَنْ شَهْرِ بْنِ حَوْشَبٍ عَنْ أَبِى هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- « أَهْلُ الْجَنَّةِ جُرْدٌ مُرْدٌ كُحْلٌ لاَ يَفْنَى شَبَابُهُمْ وَلاَ تَبْلَى ثِيَابُهُمْ ». قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ.
Abu Hurayrah :rad: reports that the Messenger of Allah stated, "The people of jannah will be hairless, beardless, and black-eyed; their youth will not cease, nor will their clothes wear away." (al-Tirmidhi; Hasan Gharib)

- حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ فِرَاسٍ الْبَصْرِىُّ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو دَاوُدَ حَدَّثَنَا عِمْرَانُ أَبُو الْعَوَّامِ عَنْ قَتَادَةَ عَنْ شَهْرِ بْنِ حَوْشَبٍ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ غَنْمٍ عَنْ مُعَاذِ بْنِ جَبَلٍ أَنَّ النَّبِىَّ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- قَالَ « يَدْخُلُ أَهْلُ الْجَنَّةِ الْجَنَّةَ جُرْدًا مُرْدًا مُكَحَّلِينَ أَبْنَاءَ ثَلاَثِينَ أَوْ ثَلاَثٍ وَثَلاَثِينَ سَنَةً ». قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ وَبَعْضُ أَصْحَابِ قَتَادَةَ رَوَوْا هَذَا عَنْ قَتَادَةَ مُرْسَلاً وَلَمْ يُسْنِدُوهُ.
Mu'adh ibn Jabal :rad: reports that the Prophet stated, "The people of Jannah will enter it hairless, beardless, wearing antimony, aged thirty or thirty-three years." (al-Tirmidhi; Hasan Gharib)

Allahi yejazak al khayr!

Which leaves me to ask, we enter hairless but does the hair grow. Like I said in my earlier post I quite like my beard now :D
But don't anyone answer that...