A question..

JenGiove

I almost fear to ask this question for the responses I may receive because of my stupidity but it just came to me while reading another thread....

Can you be a Muslim and not follow Islam?

trying2learn

There are muslims who were raised as muslims but do not practice as they should, but they still call themselves muslims (I correct them and tell them they should say they were raised muslim), I don't know why but the first thought that jumped into my head was can you be a vegetarian and not eat vegetables? lol, If you clam to be a muslim but do not follow Islam it's not good, I know there is a word for it a Kifr? I might be totally wrong but I know there is a word for it.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
well...as far as I know...the word Islam means... the peace you attain in your self by submitting all your wills to ALLAH TALA...:hearts:
so when some one totally submits his or her wills to ALLAH AZAAWAJAL ...then he or she is called as a MUSLIM or MUSLAIMAH...:)

Here, Submitting your wills means nothing but to follow each and every command of ALLAH AZZAWAJAL..in your life....in other words, following Islaam...:SMILY252:

so...if some body says that im a Muslim but I dont follow Islam..then it is illogical...:SMILY29:
Because, basically a Muslim means the one who follows Islaam..:)

Hope you understand..:)

FEE AMANILLAH

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
I almost fear to ask this question for the responses I may receive because of my stupidity but it just came to me while reading another thread....

:salam2:

This is a very important question. While I am not a scholar and posses very limited knowledge, I will still try to say what I know. Well, first of all I would like to tell you about myself (as this is relevant here). I was born in a Muslim family and a country with a Muslim population (at least by name and family heritage). So, as I grew up I took whatever I saw around me to be Islam. My family though has given shahada (That there is none worthy of worship but Allah and Muhammad :saw: is his Messenger and slave), in terms of practice a lot of the main essentials of being a Muslim does not exist. For example, Muslims here in Bangladesh has inherited a lot of hindu cultures. Though my mother prayed 5 times from a long time back but me and my brother and sisters and my father were irregular and would pray only the Friday Prayer or none at all. (Now it shocks me so much and makes me sad, May Allah forgive us). I was adopting a culture of secularism, which is spreading here like an epidemic. I quickly got myself engulfed by music, girl friends, smoking and all those stuffs which are very normal things to many people around the world, specially in the west. But which are hugely condemned and prohibited in Islam. The major reason for this was for my lacking of understanding the message that I have been hearing all my life. So, this is clear that only my knowing it does not work. You have to understand it to make it work. Our prophet :saw: said that the difference between a Muslim and the one who does not believe is the 5 times prayer. So, now if we analyse though I had a Muslim name and was from a Muslim background I was one of the disbelievers. It has been only a year, since (Alhamdulillah) that I have realized my mistakes and reverted back to the true religion. See sister, only by having a Muslim name and claiming it does not really certify a person to be a Muslim. In Islam, actions justify the intention and the intentions should be pure for the actions to be accepted by Allah. so no one can claim to be a Muslim and does clear acts of disbelief and polytheism. While, there are acts which has been classified by scholars as lesser forms of disbelief, etc. These acts of lesser disbelief does not expel anyone from the fold of Islam totally but are major sins for which one has to repent truthfully to Allah again to be accepted. My two sisters Alhamdulillah, as far as I know now pray 5 times (or at least they try to) and so does my brother. i am hoping that Allah will guide them and they will too realize the truth and dedicate themselves for Allah. My father also now goes to the mosque and prays. Alhamdulliah!!! So sister, this is my story and how I was a non-Muslim just a year before despite being a Muslim. The thing is that a person can truly claim to be a Muslim, if and only if that person is not doing anything that is a clear evidence to get him/her outside the fold of Islam. Other than that anyone claiming to be a Muslim, is actually in great ignorance and deception (thinking that they are actually Muslims, as I thought earlier). I hope I could give you a clear picture. And I ask Forgiveness to Allah for my mistakes. May Allah guide all of us!

JenGiove

Brother MohammadMaksudul,

Thank you very much for your in depth explination and for taking the time to do so. May Creator remember your effort. Allow me to explain what I understood, so I can be corrected if need be.

In theory, because of Mohammad's words, a person is a Muslim if he prays 5 times a day. That's it. Nothing else is required...everything else is an extensition of other teachings....but the one and only thing that makes a Muslim is prayer 5 times a day to Creator. That it is our actions and the intent of those actions that make us respected in the eyes of Creator.

I'm quite tired right now or I'd go deeper but my son, having broken his leg, and doing housework while my husband sleeps (he works the night shift) is draining.

Thank you again for your detailed explination.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
Brother MohammadMaksudul,

Thank you very much for your in depth explination and for taking the time to do so. May Creator remember your effort. Allow me to explain what I understood, so I can be corrected if need be.

In theory, because of Mohammad's words, a person is a Muslim if he prays 5 times a day. That's it. Nothing else is required...everything else is an extensition of other teachings....but the one and only thing that makes a Muslim is prayer 5 times a day to Creator. That it is our actions and the intent of those actions that make us respected in the eyes of Creator.

I'm quite tired right now or I'd go deeper but my son, having broken his leg, and doing housework while my husband sleeps (he works the night shift) is draining.

Thank you again for your detailed explination.

Sister well there is more to it. That was just one example. While not praying at all can get you out of Islam but even if someone prays 5 times he/she might be doing something that negates his declaration of faith. This topic is actually very huge and needs a lot of knowledge (which I clearly lack). There are several things that determines a person's state of being a muslim. You may read the pdf that you have downloaded from my other post. That may help. I will also try to get you updated with materials which explains what gets a person outside the fold of Islam. May Allah cures your son's leg and bless your family with guidance.

May Allah guide us all.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
Here are is a brief on what negates the declaration of faith in Islam,

A Summary of What the 'Ulamaa Say

The 'Ulamaa have mentioned ten actions that negate Islam. These are:

First, associating other dieties with the worship of the One God Who has no partners. Allah (Ta'aala) says:

{Verily, Allah forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners (in worship)
with Him, but He forgives whom He Wills sins other than that...}

(The Noble Qur'an, Surah 4: Ayah 116)

Second, relying on an intermediary between oneself and Allah (Ta'aala) when seeking intercession.

Third, refusal to condemn the kufr of those who rely on other deities instead of Allah (Ta'aala), or doubting that they are disbelievers, or approving of their religion, is itself disbelief.

Fourth, belief that there is a more perfect guidance than that of the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam), or that there is a form of governance that is preferable to this, such as someone who prefers the rule of tyrants to that of the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam).

Fifth, dislike of any part of the Revelation, even though one may act upon it, is disbelief. Allah (Ta'aala) says:

{That is because they hate that which Allah has sent down (this
Qur'an and Islamic Laws); so He has made their deeds fruitless.}

(The Noble Qur'an, Surah 47: Ayah 9)

Sixth, disparaging any part of the Deen or any aspect of reward or punishment:

{Say: 'Was it at Allah and His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons signs,
Revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?' Make
no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had Believed.}

(The Noble Qur'an, Surah 9: Ayat 65-66)

Seventh, practising magic, either black or white, is proof of disbelief:

{...but the shayateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such
things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Harut and Marut, but
neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said,
'We are only for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).'}

(The Noble Qur'an, Surah 2: Ayah 102)

Eighth, helping and assisting the disbelievers in overcoming the Muslims:

{And if any amongst you takes them (as Auliya' [friends, protectors, helpers]),
then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people
who are dhaalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust).}

(The Noble Qur'an, Surah 5: Ayah 51)

Ninth, belief that it is not necessary to follow the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam), and that it is permitted to step outside the Law of Allah (Ta'aala), as al Khadir did when he exceeded what had been revealed to (Prophet) Musa ('alayhee salaam). This is disbelief.

Tenth, wilful neglect of Allah's Deen, neither learning it nor acting upon it. Allah (Ta'aala) says:

{And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayat of his
Lord, then turns aside therefrom? Verily, We shall exact retribution from
the mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners).}

(The Noble Qur'an, Surah 32: Ayah 22)

No distinction is made as regards these actions in terms of intention, whether a person is joking or serious or even acts out of fear. The only excuse is compulsion. These ten actions are extremely dangerous and exceedingly common. Every Muslim should beware of them and feel a real fear in his heart of even drawing near them.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
but what if you don't do what you must but you also don't do what you shouldn't?

Hello,

In Islam, Eeman (faith) is tied to doing righteous actions. You have to 'walk the talk'. You can not claim to be highly spiritual or be God conscious, if you don't obey what Allah Almighty has legislated ie to carry out obligatory rituals and not commit major sins (and also not accumulate minor sins).

Among the obligations on a muslim is to be firm on the Tawheed of Allah (oneness of Allah Almighty; this includes not committing acts of shirk [associating partners to Allah] either internally or externally) , praying obligatory prayers 5 times a day, fasting in the month of Ramadan, paying Zakah (charity) and making Hajj (Major Pilgrimage) once in a lifetime.

The list of major sins can be found here. [Note: Some scholars have different opinions on what constitutes major sins. However Imam Dhahibee's (rahimullah) work on this matter is a good source of reference]

Failing to carry out the obligatory deliberately also constitutes a major sin.

Now let's get in to an example so that it is easier to understand.

One has to be praying 5 times a day as it is made obligatory by Allah Almighty. Scholars have differed on the ruling if someone leaves out praying due to negligence or laziness. Some say it is minor kufr, while the other say it is major kufr (which means you are out of fold of Islam) until you start to pray regularly again and repent for this sin.

Also on the day of judgement, a person will have to account for his prayers in front of Allah Almighty. This is the first hurdle he has to pass.

So, a person who is a 'muslim' (by birth or for namesake) but never paid attention to his obligations could be in some serious trouble before Allah Almighty on the Day of Resurrection. Just mere testimony (Shahada) is not going to be good enough to seek Allah's pleasure and get himself a place in paradise.

Having said that, Allah Almighty repeatedly reminds us that He is the Oft Forgiving & Most Merciful. If a slave of Allah in his lifetime, sincerely repents and vows never to go back to sinning (in this case leaving out obligatory) and then he is mindful of carrying out his obligations. Allah Almighty from His infinite mercy would overlook his shortcomings.

Therefore, it is *never* too late to live according to the way Allah azz zawajal wants us to live. There is always time to repent and become steadfast on the beautiful religion of Islam. A religion that Allah Almighty from His mercy sent down upon man, so that man be guided. A guidance akin to a source of light in a pitch dark room.

I hope this post helps you to seek the answer you were looking for. Please continue to ask any questions that you may have.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Dear " Jengiove", I wish first to say, that we Muslims call each others brothers and sisters, becasue our faith is one, but we can say for others who are not Muslims, and call them " brothers and sisters in humanity".

Being a Muslim is to belive in Allah like one God,and belive that Mohammed sallahu alayha wa salam is His Last Messanger,and to belive in other Prophets before him which have been sent to guide mankind.

Allah subhan we teala sais: " And I have create man and jins only to worship me", and worshiping to Allah, it does not mean only to belive in existence of God, because Jews, Christians,and even folowers of other religions belive in existence of God,but that does not make them Muslims, neither Mumins( belivers), neither those who worship to Allah. There are two parts of eman or faith, which is consisted in 6 pillars of beliving which means to belive with your heart that there is no other God except Allah, to belive in His angels,to belive in Allahs Messangers,in His Holy Books, to belive in Day of Judgment and on the end to belive that everything is happening with Allahs decission.

It is not righteousness
That ye turn your faces toward East or West;
But it is righteousness -
To believe in Allah (The One and Only God)
And the Last Day
And the Angels
And the Book
And the Messengers;
To spend of your substance out of love for Him
For your kin
For orphans
For the needy
For the wayfarer
For those who ask,
And for the ransom of slaves;
To be steadfast in prayer
And practice regular charity;
To fulfil the contracts which ye have made;
And to be firm and patient in pain (or suffering) and adversity
And throughout all periods of panic.
Such are the people of truth the Allah-fearing (God-conscious).Quran ( Surah Al baqarah, ayah 177)

And other part of eman is to testify everything this with your deeds, which means to practise Islaam by 5 pillars of Islaam, how our beloved Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam thought us,and to stay away from mayor sins, which are cousing dissobidiance towerd Allah, because beliver is the one who is trying to please Allah with his deeds, words and actions,and if you reed Quran, you will reed Inshallah that Allah is mentioning so much times the characteristics of belivers, while others who are not submitting to Him by thier deeds are called big sinners for thier deeds,or from other side some are called kaffirs ( unbelivers) who do not belive in Allah at all,and who are going against Allahs law.

And also to note, that our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam never said that praying five times a day make one to be Muslim, because Islaam is religion which is based on Quraan and Sunnah,and it can not be taken only from one haadith or one ayah, but it needs to be learnt with pure heart and niyah,and it needs to be learnt completely from Quran and Sunnah, without taking one parts of Islaam,and leaving others. Maybe you have meant on the hadith which have ben narrated in the famous haadith from Umar Ibn Al- Hattab when , Jibril a.s., asked the Prophet: Mohammed, tell me what is Islam?, He said: Islam is to testify there there is not God except Allah, that Mohammed is Allahs Servent and Messanger,that you pray salah, that you fast the month of Ramadhan, that you pay zakah,and that you preform Hajj if you are in ability."

As Allah Almighty aslo sais:Qur'an 33:35

Lo! men who surrender unto Allah, and women who surrender,
And men who believe and women who believe,
And men who obey and women who obey,
And men who speak the truth and women who speak the truth,
And men who persevere (in righteousness) and women who persevere,
And men who are humble and women who are humble,
And men who give alms and women who give alms,
And men who fast and women who fast,
And men who guard their modesty and women who guard (their modesty),
And men who remember Allah much and women who remember--
Allah hath prepared for them forgiveness and a vast reward.Qur'an Surah 33:,ayah )35

As other brothers and sisters replied above, you can not be Muslim, untill you do not folow Quraan and Sunnah, or you can be Muslim only by name or your own belifs. But Allah knows the best what is in your heart,and how are your intentions, so if your intentions are pure Allah will guide you to Islaam,and make you Muslim too.

I hope Inshallah that our posts will be benifical and usefull for you,and that Allah will guide your heart.ameen summa ameen

May Allah guide you:tti_sister:

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu aleikum,

It is my understanding from the Quran (see verses below) that the definition of Muslim is one who is upright and believes in and submits to God, alone without partner. Which is how previous prophets are often referred to as muslims, even though they lived prior to the advent of the establishment of the religion of Islam.

[3.64] Say: O followers of the Book! come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught with Him, and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah; but if they turn back, then say: Bear witness that we are Muslims.
[3.65] O followers of the Book! why do you dispute about Ibrahim, when the Taurat and the Injeel were not revealed till after him; do you not then understand?
[3.66] Behold! you are they who disputed about that of which you had knowledge; why then do you dispute about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows while you do not know.
[3.67] Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists.[3.68] Most surely the nearest of people to Ibrahim are those who followed him and this Prophet and those who believe and Allah is the guardian of the believers.

[22.77] O you who believe! bow down and prostrate yourselves and serve your Lord, and do.good that you may succeed.
[22.78] And strive hard in (the way of) Allah, (such) a striving a is due to Him; He has chosen you and has not laid upon you an hardship in religion; the faith of your father Ibrahim; He named you Muslims before and in this, that the Apostle may be a bearer of witness to you, and you may be bearers of witness to the people; therefore keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and hold fast by Allah; He is your Guardian; how excellent the Guardian and how excellent the Helper!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is important for a Muslim to be able to recognize prophets correctly. All prophets at various times and places, whether or not they have been mentioned in the Quran, come with the same essential message. In order to enter into the fold of the religion of Islam, one must first declare "shahadah" - the belief in Allah/God and the prophet Muhammad as Allah's messenger. It is also required that a Muslim believe in all prophets' validity without making distinctions between them. What are known as the five pillars of Islam, including the 5 daily prayers, are parts of what makes up the religion. At its essence, it is about belief in God and acting upright. Islam is the most perfected religion and provides the most guidance for those who wish to follow the straight path, how to best approach and submit to the Creator, and how best to live among our families and neighbors among other things.

[2.213] (All) people are a single nation; so Allah raised prophets as bearers of good news and as warners, and He revealed with them the Book with truth, that it might judge between people in that in which they differed; and none but the very people who were given it differed about it after clear arguments had come to them, revolting among themselves; so Allah has guided by His will those who believe to the truth about which they differed and Allah guides whom He pleases to the right path.

[76.29] Surely this is a reminder, so whoever pleases takes to his Lord a way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

dear sister ,
well if u read the post above mine.

you can b a muslim that is have eemaan that is faith but not practise (b4 everybody starts shouting on me) because the central tenet of islam is there is no God but One and Muhammad , Jesus MOSES Adam, Abraham etc were his messengers. plus you believe in things
so technically you are not a polytheist, nor denier ,atheist nor someone with perverted view of God .which in itself is a great achievement because you have achieved a great purpose of your existence realizing the truth about God .
surely Allah which means the true God has promised that whosoever said the kalima shahadat will one day be removed from hell.this is undisputable.

so even only believing in islam in the fact that there is only one true Allah --one ceases to be a rebel in the universe of the Creator.

but...one doesnot become an ideal citizen either..so unlike a rebel who refused the authority of Allah this person will not be punished eternally but will be punished for flouting the rules and laws of the Land.

i hope u r getting my point.

Allah is Most Merciful so if someone accepts the kalima and bears witness there is no God but Allah ,naturally the merciful will make his path smoother to becming an ideal citizen eventually.

what i am saying is that the 'seeming' difficulty of practising islam should not make someone put off accepting islam.

surely prayers are an integral part of accepting and professing islam the connection between the created and the Loving Beneficient Almighty Creator Sustainer to whom we r

eturn and answer for our deeds.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walikum,

Let me put in the language I know best. 2nd grade.

You walk into a garden..it has the most beautiful and fragrant flowers..there is a rainbow..dew is sparkling on leaves..butterlies are fluttering..bees buzzing..and birds gliding..the grass is as soft as moss in an English forest..and the sun is shinning.

You see a table set for two..tea cups..little cakes..sugar cubes..cream..you are the guest..the Muslim..at the home of Love..Islam

now I don't know about you..but I like to have my cake and eat it too.

misalat

ISLAM is built on 3 main foundations named :

1. al islam - deeds / actions
It has 5-pillars, a) declaration of shahada( by saying there is no god woth of worship other than Allah and that Muhammad is the last messenger of Allah)
b) to pray 5 times a day c) paying alm - zakat - charity. d) fasting one month every year - ramadhan e) Visiting Mecca once in life time - Hajj.

2. al imaan - believes
It has 6-pillars namely believing in existence of Allah, His angels, His revealed boogs, His prophets, in the day of judgement, Qadar (the will of God -that whatever happends good or bad, happends with God's permission

3. Ihsan.
has 1 pillar, that we should warship Allah as if we see Him, for if we don't see him He sees us.
everything else founded around these three foundations ....
Allah knows best.

a_stranger

To be a perfect muslem is almost impossible but we try and ask forgiveness from Allah sobhanahu wa taala for our mistakes ......we seek his mercy and his forgiveness .......the more you ponder in the Glory of our creator the more we know how small and far from being perfect we are ........This is the core of Ubodyia in Islam.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this statement...would you please be kind enough to expand on your thoughts?

salam..well, sis i meant that we all are sinners in this world and we cannot be so pure...may allah guide us all...and by the way i was in hurry, so i could not elaberate

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge

Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh sister Jenniffer, and Jazakallahu Kyran (May Allah (SWT) bless you with that which is good) for your important question, "Can you be a Muslim and not follow Islam?"

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem.

To explain in breif (because sometimes I might explain things in too much detail), a Muslim is one who:

1.) is a Mumin (Firm Believer in Allah SWT and Muhammad SAW)

They Beleive with Certainty that none deserves to be Worshipped (or Glorified) but Allah (SWT), and that Muhammad (SAW) is his (Last and Final) Messenger [and therefor, he has been given The Truth from His Lord, which is Clear (from any Fabrications or Faults) and Complete (no additions can be made to the religion of Islam after Muhammad SAW)].

2.) who testifies by the Shahadah (The Testification)

The person beleives in the ^above^ with their heart. After that, it is COMPULSARY for the person to testify in the ^above^ with their tongue:

أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لآ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدٌ الرَّسُولُ اللهِ٠

"Ash-hadu an laa ilaha illa Allah. Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadar rasool-Allah."

"I testify (bear witness) that there is nothing worthy of being worshipped except Allah. And I testify that Muhammad (ibn Abdullah) is the Messenger of Allah."

3.) and who lives their life by Istislaam to Allah [استسلام إلى الله ]

Istislaam literally means to "surrender" or to be submissive to the Orders and Commandments of Allah (SWT). That meaning said, the Muslim (after doing all the above), should then have a FIRM INTENTION that they want to do whatever pleases Allah (SWT).

In order to do THAT, the Muslim should increase their:

1.) Iman
(Faith) in Allah (SWT) by his Names and Attributes

2.) Yaqeen
(Certainty) that Allah (SWT) is the only Creator, Lord, and God of all of Creation, and that Islam is the Truth Him, and that Muhammad (SAW) was given the Truth from Allah (SWT).

3.) Taqwa
(Mindfullness) that Allah (SWT) is well aware of EVERYTHING which is happening in the heavens and the Earth, and He knows what we all are doing.

4.) Tawakul

(Reliance) upon Allah SWT, and to seek help and protection from Allah (SWT) from anything that falls upon us.

And then:

1.) The person should try to obey Allah (SWT) to the best of their ability, and TRY their best to refrain from that which he dislikes.

For example:

If a person has a drug addiction, he should make a sincere intention to (try to) STOP that addiction. Then, he should try to limit the amount of times that he consumes drugs (example, instead of consuming a COMPLETE box of cigarrettes in a day, he should try to consume LESS than a box, and then after some time, he should decrease his daily consumption. And by doing that, a time will come that he might ONLY consume ONE cigarrette in a day, and then after some time, this person can SUCCESSFULLY leave this addiction).

And by Allah (SWT), if one where to do this and pass away, then Allah (SWT) would FORGIVE them, and why? Not really because of their actions, but because of their SINCERE INTENTION to TRY to do what is right.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Unfortunately, many people beleive that Islam is all about rules, "do's don'ts," and regulations. Aishah (RA) is reported to have said:

"If the FIRST Ayaat (verses of Quran) that were revealed commanded the people to leave Zina (immoral carnal actions), the people would have said, "We cannot stop doing Zina."

And if the first Ayaat (that were revealed) commanded the people to stop drinking, the people would have said, "We cannot stop drinking."

But the first Ayaat were talking about The Akirah (The Hereafter) and the Greatness of Allah (SWT), and so the hearts of the people softened in devotion to Allah (SWT) and when the Ahkaam (Commandments) were revealed (later on) (about alcohol, zina, etc.), the people obeyed wholeheartedly."

It has been reported that Rasulallah (SAW) said:

"The Shahadah will either Testify for a person on The Day of Judgement, or it will Testify against them." [حديث صحيح]

Meaning, that if a person believes in the Shahadah with his heart, testifies with his tongue, and then TRIES to live by it, then the Shahadah will testify FOR him, but if he does NOT beleive in it with his heart, nor does he testify by it with his tongue (in this Duniyah), nor does he even TRY to live by it, then it will testify AGAINST HIM.

Wal Hamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen.