Advice on Indonesia

steelieboy

Insha Allah i'll be in that country soon, but before I make the commitement to work there I need to find a location where I can continue to learn and practice Islam alongside true believers. What I mean is... Not everyone has the same level of Taqwa or Eaman, may Allah make it easy for us, so I desire a location where the Fitna of negative western influence and innovations are restricted. I know that even in Islamic countries the haram is rampant. I just need some advice so I can make a reasonable decision. So many cities from Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Surabaya...I just don't know. Can any of the brothers and sisters from that country give me some advice?
To Allah alone I ask for help and in him alone I put my trust. After Putting my trust in Him, I can only take advice from the believers.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
to Indonesia embassy first.

Insha Allah someone from Indonesia could give me some advice as i'll be traveling there soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Insha Allah brother.

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Indonesia is a beautiful country with beautiful people.
I suggest you to pay a visit
to Indonesia embassy
in your country to get some feed back and guide line.

May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!
Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

MayaIsmail

Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh,

Alhamdulillah, nice to hear that you will be travelling to Indonesia soon.
I am a local Indonesian and trying to give you some briefs about Indonesia in general.

About the city, most of Expatriates are living in big cities in Indonesia, such as Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Semarang, etc. I myself live in Jakarta currently, accordingly I am trying to give you some informations about Jakarta and let other fellow Indonesian explains about other city (Hopefully, there's Indonesian that would like to share here also, Insya Allah).

So, about Jakarta, biggest city, capital of Indonesia. I can say that most of expatriates are living in the south part of Jakarta, is South Jakarta, such as in Kemang, Pondok Indah, Kuningan, etc. But in my observations, some of them (I don't do generalizations) are western people whose life style is regardless to Islamic style. But, here in Jakarta, you still can find Muslims Community easily, and plenty of Masjids as well. Apart from the expatriates, local people themselves are more Islamic and friendly, so you don't need to worry about the atmosphere of living in Jakarta. We can always do filter which is good and bad to do. What you can do firstly is, take your time for observations and blend with local people will helps you also.

One thing you also should concern about Jakarta is traffic is not friendly most of time, I mean traffic jam. You can anticipate it by taking place to live near to office or work place so you can reach it by walking. Or using bike or motorcycle also helps much.

I think that's my short brief about Jakarta. Please don't hesitate to ask more about Indonesia, especially Jakarta. Though I may be late due to times limitations, but I will try to response as much as I can, Insya Allah.

Hope this helps you.

Wassalam,
MayaIsmail:SMILY34:

MayaIsmail

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Insha Allah brother.

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Indonesia is a beautiful country with beautiful people.
I suggest you to pay a visit
to Indonesia embassy
in your country to get some feed back and guide line.

May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!
Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

:SMILY105:Thank you to say my country is beautiful.
So nice of you, sister queenislam...
May Allah SWT guide you too.

Salaam,
MayaIsmail

lily_mawar

Salam ...

Indonesia is one of the country that the people are majority Islam but I have been to Indonesia since 20 yrs ago as my mum's family was from Indonesia ... Sorry to say this, even though majority of Indonesian were muslim but you could see how many of them actually practice Islam ... Their sosial life are worrying, prostitutions, bribery and many other things ... you have to be careful when you travel to Indonesia ....

Let me tell you my experience, their policemen can just knock on your door and ask for protection money ... if you don't give what they want, they become aggresive and try to threaten. when I made a complaint to their embassy, the staff at the embassy just simply said, they can't do anything and it is difficult to control this type of thing ...

I hope you could take extra cautions if you want to stay there ... I pray for your safety ... Although I experience a lot of bad things but still there are good people out there in Indonesia ... So, just be careful, extra careful ...