question

Kakorot

:salam2:

If someone is not practicing and a kaafir kills them because they are Muslim, would that person still go to heaven? Or does this only apply for the practicing Muslims?

Jzk.

ansari

STRANGER...

Allah knows best... we can not say who is going to Heaven or Hell.

40_19.png
Allah knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the breasts conceal.
[surah Ghafir : verse 19]

:wasalam:

Abdul25

Logical Believer

He will go to Jahanm, The one who doesn't practice Islam is not Muslim.simple

proof :

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Between a man and disbelief and paganism is the abandonment of Salat (prayer).''
[Muslim].

Buraidah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "That which differentiates us from the disbelievers and hypocrites is our performance of Salat. He who abandons it, becomes a disbeliever.''
[At-Tirmidhi]

So the one who doesn't practice Islam is not a Muslim .

Kakorot

He will go to Jahanm, The one who doesn't practice Islam is not Muslim.simple

proof :

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Between a man and disbelief and paganism is the abandonment of Salat (prayer).''
[Muslim].

Buraidah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "That which differentiates us from the disbelievers and hypocrites is our performance of Salat. He who abandons it, becomes a disbeliever.''
[At-Tirmidhi]

So the one who doesn't practice Islam is not a Muslim .

I think missing salaah is an act of kufr but does not make the person a kaafir? I thought only shirk takes a person out of Islam completely. The above hadeeths don't really prove that a non-practicing Muslim is a kaafir. Jzk anyway.

If the question is not clear, I will rephrase it again. A kaafir sees someone who is Muslim and kills that individual BECAUSE the kaafir knows that that person is a Muslim. Does that Muslim whether practicing or not still go heaven?

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaykum,

I dont know the answer.......I would advice others to refrain from answering this if they DONT have a sound proof.
This is judgement...its between the one killed, and Allaah. So lets leave Allaah to judge him insha'Allaah and pray that Allaah grants him mercy. ameen

...sister Channa, define what you mean by non-practicing? I mean there are many areas in this, someone who prays but does everything else that is haraam?? someone who does not pray? someone who completely left all the five pillars and is "muslim" by name?
the list can go on.....

The hadith about somebody who does not perform prayer being outta the fold of Islam.....I think is debatable within the Ulamaa.
I am going to check on that though insha'Allaah.

Abdul25

Logical Believer

I think missing salaah is an act of kufr but does not make the person a kaafir? I thought only shirk takes a person out of Islam completely. The above hadeeths don't really prove that a non-practicing Muslim is a kaafir. Jzk anyway.

If the question is not clear, I will rephrase it again. A kaafir sees someone who is Muslim and kills that individual BECAUSE the kaafir knows that that person is a Muslim. Does that Muslim whether practicing or not still go heaven?

Here is the proof that the one who doesn't pray is out of islam

[yt]1C7oyjHUDQ8[/yt]

Kakorot

Assalaamu alaykum,

I dont know the answer.......I would advice others to refrain from answering this if they DONT have a sound proof.
This is judgement...its between the one killed, and Allaah. So lets leave Allaah to judge him insha'Allaah and pray that Allaah grants him mercy. ameen

...sister Channa, define what you mean by non-practicing? I mean there are many areas in this, someone who prays but does everything else that is haraam?? someone who does not pray? someone who completely left all the five pillars and is "muslim" by name?
the list can go on.....

The hadith about somebody who does not perform prayer being outta the fold of Islam.....I think is debatable within the Ulamaa.
I am going to check on that though insha'Allaah.

:wasalam: wr wb,

All the categories of non-practicing I guess.

Here is the proof that the one who doesn't pray is out of islam

[yt]1C7oyjHUDQ8[/yt]

S. Asim was talking about who is a practicing Muslim and who is not. In the video he doesn't say that a person who doesn't pray is a kaafir.

There's some scholars who say that if a Muslim believes that prayer is an obligation but still doesn't do it, that person is still Muslim. But if a person rejects salaah and believes that it is not part of Islam, then that person is a kaafir.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykkum.

If they die as someone who is seen as a "Muslim" in the sight of Allaah, then they go to jannah inshaa'Allaah and this is something that is known. As mentioned before, we cannot make judgements on specific individuals.

With regards to missing Salaah, then it should be known that the person who leaves salaah is a "Kaafir" and there is ijmaa` (consensus) on this matter from the Sahaabah. And it is the highest level of Ijmaa` too!

The ijmaa` is based on the report narrated by Imaam At-Tirmidhi and Al-Haakim on the authority of `Abdullaah ibn Shaqeeq: "The companions of the Prophet :saw2: did not think that neglecting any deed made a person a kaafir, apart from neglecting the prayer.". Both At-Tirmidhi and Al-Haakim classed this narration as Saheeh according to the conditions of Al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

Ibn Hazm rahimahullaah said that it was reported from ‘Umar, ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf, Mu’aadh ibn Jabal, Abu Hurayrah and others among the Sahaabah. He said: “We do not know of any opposing view among the Sahaabah.”

Al-Mundhiri narrated this from him in Al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, and added more names of Sahaabah: ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood, ‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Abbaas, Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullaah and Abu'l Dardaa’ [RadiaAllaahu `anhum].

Obviously the absence of disagreement (from other Sahaabah) shows agreement.

And there are various other narrations, like for example the narrations the sister above posted on the authority of Jaabir and Buraidah radiAllaahu `anhumaa.

We also have the narration of ‘Awf ibn Maalik that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said: “The best of your leaders are those whom you love and who love you, who pray for you and you for them. The worst of your leaders are those whom you hate and they hate you, whom you curse and they curse you.” He was asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, should we not fight them by the sword?” He said, “No, not so long as they establish the prayer among you. If you see anything on the part of your leaders that you dislike, denounce that action but do not break your allegiance to them.” [Muslim, 3453] and this hadeeth becomes more clear when the narration of ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit is applied [Bukhaari and Muslim], when the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: told the companions not to go against the ruler and then said : "....unless they made a blatant show of kufr and you have evidence from Allaah that what they are doing is indeed kufr."

And the evidences are various. But what can be said, as mentioned by the people of knowledge, that 'one should not be going around making takfeer on people who do not pray since we must be giving the general people excuse of ignorance etc'

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Kakorot

I still don't see how someone who misses salaah can be 100% kaafir. Anyways there's differences of opinions.

Like Amatullaah said, the hadeeth about somebody not praying is out of the fold of Islam is debatable amongst the scholars, so let's just leave it.

ShyHijabi

he said 3 times a day for prayers he is of the hanafi school of thought by any chance??

FYI, I follow the Hanifi mahtab and I pray 5 times a day like every one else. I am not sure where you get your info that Hanifi mahtab combine their daily prayers but it is wrong.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

If someone is not practicing and a kaafir kills them because they are Muslim, would that person still go to heaven? Or does this only apply for the practicing Muslims?

Jzk.

If someone is not practicing, he or she will have to answer for his/her shortcomings to Allah azz zawajal be that in any obligatory duty on a muslim.
We all know the outcome of shortcomings in anyone's Salah on Day of Judgement will be a cause of anguish for him/her and could be cause of him/her entering Hell fire. Therefore, each muslim should guard his/her obligations.

Also, if someone commits major sins and doesn't repent in his/her lifetime, then he/she is prone to be punished for his/her sins in the Hereafter.

It doesn't matter who he/she is killed by, rather about their actions in this life. If they practiced Islam properly, the by Allah's infinite mercy they would be given glad tidings of Jannah in Hereafter. And whoever fells short, he/she would be among the losers on Day of Judgment.

May Allah azz zawajal make us among the successful on Yawm Al Qiyamah. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

abdul-aziz

I haven't had enough posting in the forum for anything that I say to be taken with overwhelming acceptance.

so I will refrain from giving you the many hadiths that reflect what I say because really I don't think people understand the time and effort it involves and in the end they pass the information by like they are reading yesterdays forecast:

NO ONE CAN SAY THIS PERSON WILL GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL!
the last person was the prophet, PBUH was able to inform us. In fact some sahaba tried to state that so and so is going to hell only to find harsh words from rasool Allah, PBUH.

A person being killed because they are muslim, is a shaheed, in sha Allah; there are 7 methods of dying which will account as a shaheed.

as for not praying, it is a requirement in Islam and a pillar.

As for who enters heaven and who enters hell that is ghaib. We could have a feeling by the persons actions but only Allah, swt has account of the complete picture and will serve justice as He is the JUDGE(AL-HAKIM).

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
salam alikom
MAshallah all of you people!!!!!!!!
you're giving fatwa now...????????
Subhanallah
fear Allah
and sis or brother Channa
this thread or this whole forum is not the right place to ask such kind of question
I'm really sorry for appearing agressive in myreply but
you brothers and sisters
before posting anything conserning this Deen or this Religion take in mind that saying something in this deen with no knowledge,or giving Free fatwas is a bigger sin then Zina or khamr or even Shirk

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I still don't see how someone who misses salaah can be 100% kaafir. Anyways there's differences of opinions.

This question was asked to Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem during his classes and I had clearly listened to what he answered and this is what he had said:

'' A person who openly says he does not believe in Salaah and does not like to pray then that will make him kaafir'' whereas a person who just prays only Jum'ah once a week than he cannot be declared a kaafir. And Allaah knows best

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Ijmaa` can be and has been wrong. People have agreed to things and then changed their views later. That's only rational because they are human. Imaam Ash-Shaafi`i, rahimahullah, was one of several who went against Ijmaa` in a number of issues, and...get this...his opinion became the Ijmaa` opinion later. He is also very well known for having changed his opinions later in life.

Several scholars past and recent have attempted to document all juristic issues in which there is consensus and out of a thousand they couldn't find one! Perhaps that is why Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, rahimahullah, and others have concluded that Ijmaa` is impossible.

Sticking with opinions offered in the past is freezing of the mind and the intellect. Past opinions are a treasure of knowledge, but they are not holy, nor cast in stone. They are a guide and a tool for us to build on, not to follow blindly. That was the folly of the Church. Muslims must not repeat that mistake.

That is a case of misunderstanding Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal(rahima-ullah) considered ijma' to be true from that of the companions.
He did not deny the principle of Ijma', but denied knowledge of its occurrence after the period of the Sahabah.

Imam Muhammad Abu Zahra has explained this so read ''Tarikh Al Madhahib Al Islamiyya ""

Please check before you post such claim it harms the image of Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal rahima-ullah .

Ibn Uthaymin

FYI, I follow the Hanifi mahtab and I pray 5 times a day like every one else. I am not sure where you get your info that Hanifi mahtab combine their daily prayers but it is wrong.

Combing prayers is allowed in other school of thoughts, but not allowed in hanafee Mathhab.

Abu-Asiya

Assalamu 'aleykum

There is a difference between a person who misses salah, and a person who abandons salah completely. So you need to be more clear on that. Salah is a pillar of Islam, without which there is no Islam. It is the only deed for which there is no excuse, unless a person is mentally handicapped.

Whether you accept it as kufr or not (which it is), just imagine what kind of person doesn't give a damn about worshiping his lord. Remember why the Shaytaan was cursed for eternity. Shaytan knows Allah is one, Allah is the creator etc. He was simply too arrogant to obey an order and you see what happened. So it's not a good sign.