Imaam Ash-Shaafi’ee’s Strict Adherence To Hadeeth

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Imaam Ash-Shaafi’ee’s strict adherence to the hadeeth reached the point that he used to advise his companions to stick to it.

He used to say:

“Stick to the people of hadeeth, since they are the most correct from amongst the people.”​

And he said:

“If I see a man from amongst the people of hadeeth, then it is as if I have sen a man from the Companions of the Prophet (saw). May Allaah reward them with good, they preserved the foundations for us, so they have an excellence over us.” (1)​

Then he recited the following lines of poetry:

“All forms of knowledge besides the Qur’aan are a preoccupation;
Except for hadeeth and knowing the fish of the Religion;
Knowledge is that which contains, ‘He said…’ or ‘He informed us…’
Anything other than that is from the whisperings of the Devil.” (2)​

Footnotes:

(1) Refer to Al-Bidaayah Wan Nihaayah, 10/254 of Ibn Katheer and Siyar A’laamin Nubulaa’, 10/60 of Adh-Dhahabee.

(2) Al-Bidaayah Wan Nihaayah, 10/256 of Ibn Katheer and Deewaanush Shaafi’ee, p.88

[Creed 107]

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Jazakallabh Khairah for the Nice Post!!!!!! By the way we follow Imaam Shafi Mazhab In Sri Lanka.................. May Allah Azzawajal Bless u and Entire Ummah of Noble Rasool Sallallahu Alaihiwasallam (PBUH) ............. Wassalaam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
By the way we follow Imaam Shafi Mazhab In Sri Lanka..................

:lol::lol::lol:

I am sorry I dont mean to offend you, but Akhi... I do know that some one has written in our constitution that we should follow this noble Imaam...:)

BUT I DONT FOLLOW ANY MAZAAHIB :lol: I mean I follow all four, 100% :muslim_child::muslim_child:

Just wanted to share my view..:lol::lol:

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Imaam Ash-Shaafi’ee’s strict adherence to the hadeeth reached the point that he used to advise his companions to stick to it.

He used to say:

“Stick to the people of hadeeth, since they are the most correct from amongst the people.”​

And he said:

“If I see a man from amongst the people of hadeeth, then it is as if I have sen a man from the Companions of the Prophet (saw). May Allaah reward them with good, they preserved the foundations for us, so they have an excellence over us.” (1)​

Then he recited the following lines of poetry:

“All forms of knowledge besides the Qur’aan are a preoccupation;
Except for hadeeth and knowing the fish of the Religion;
Knowledge is that which contains, ‘He said…’ or ‘He informed us…’
Anything other than that is from the whisperings of the Devil.” (2)​

Footnotes:

(1) Refer to Al-Bidaayah Wan Nihaayah, 10/254 of Ibn Katheer and Siyar A’laamin Nubulaa’, 10/60 of Adh-Dhahabee.

(2) Al-Bidaayah Wan Nihaayah, 10/256 of Ibn Katheer and Deewaanush Shaafi’ee, p.88

[Creed 107]

JAZAKALLAHU KAHIR for the useful thread..:)

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
:lol::lol::lol:

I am sorry I dont mean to offend you, but Akhi... I do know that some one has written in our constitution that we should follow this noble Imaam...:)

BUT I DONT FOLLOW ANY MAZAAHIB :lol: I mean I follow all four, 100% :muslim_child::muslim_child:

Just wanted to share my view..:lol::lol:

Never Mind Sis........... But I have a Small Question......... At what time u perform prayers??? I Mean Fajr, Zuhar, Asar, Magrib and Isha???? These times has been calculated according to Shafiee mazhab and there are some people Hanfee Mazhab. So we can see in Our Islamic Calender Printers print Both time Table Stating Shafiee Prayer Time and Hanafeee Prayer time.... Did u niticed it???? That is why i mentioned like that.......... Hope did not hert u sis..............

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Never Mind Sis........... But I have a Small Question......... At what time u perform prayers??? I Mean Fajr, Zuhar, Asar, Magrib and Isha???? These times has been calculated according to Shafiee mazhab and there are some people Hanfee Mazhab. So we can see in Our Islamic Calender Printers print Both time Table Stating Shafiee Prayer Time and Hanafeee Prayer time.... Did u niticed it???? That is why i mentioned like that.......... Hope did not hert u sis..............

Oh my dear brother... you never hurt me.. we are here to discuss and share the views..:hijabi:

ALHAMDULILLAH, in your question... my methodology is simple, Ya Akhi..:)
What I do is, I just pray as soon as I hear the Azaan.. THAT IS THE SUNNAH:muslim_child:

Whenever you hear the Azaan, you must pray... that is what ISLAM teaches you and me..:):):)

SO I DO THAT..:)

Plus, Shafi and Hanafi calanders might differ as all the Hadeth have not reached both of them..:) SIMPLE...:):muslim_child:

Take care Akhi..

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Oh my dear brother... you never hurt me.. we are here to discuss and share the views..:hijabi:

ALHAMDULILLAH, in your question... my methodology is simple, Ya Akhi..:)
What I do is, I just pray as soon as I hear the Azaan.. THAT IS THE SUNNAH:muslim_child:

Whenever you hear the Azaan, you must pray... that is what ISLAM teaches you and me..:):):)

SO I DO THAT..:)

Plus, Shafi and Hanafi calanders might differ as all the Hadeth have not reached both of them..:) SIMPLE...:):muslim_child:

Take care Akhi..

Jazakallah Khairah for ur kindness dear sis.... Still i have question. I hear two azaan in the morning... First Azaan was Hanafi and then Shafiee... As per ur methodology what can i do at this time???? Pls explain dear sister.......