singapore? indonasia? thailand????????????

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum

There are only theree options

1.Singapore.
2.Indonesia
3.Thailand.
If anyone going to Malaysia,plz take me with you lol. I miss my country so much :(

My choice would be Singapore or Indonesia...​

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

I believe you should *triple* if not *quadruple* check the *validity* of this prize first..sadly..there are many companies out there who trick people into bothersome and costly time-shares or into making purchases for *non-existent* prizes!..so check the validity of the prize before you make any commitment baraka Allah feeki!

Should the prize be valid (and Inshallah it is..so you would enjoy yourself)..

I wouldn't recommend Thailand if you're a Saudi citizen..my Saudi friends tell me that going to Thailand forces them to pay a fine and they travel there "at their own risk" so to speak..and this is due to a political issue between KSA and Thailand...and I don't think you want that sort of stress during a *vacation*...

That should leave you with Singapore and Indonesia...

Both options are excellent I believe...

I spent 3 weeks in Indonesia 2 years ago and I had much fun..the people are very friendly..the ones who don't speak English..speak bits of Arabic..so that helped a lot with *communication*..I had a fun time visiting all the malls and such (lots and lots of cheap cheap cheap merchandise there mashallah!)..if you're going to mainland Indonesia (i.e. Jakarta, etc.)..you will be surrounded with an Islamic environment..hijabis and even niqabis everywhere..halal food..etc.

If you go to Bali however...the Islamic environment is less pronounced..you will see a hijabi every now and then..have to watch for what you order at restaurants because some serve pork or wine/alcohol infused foods..and might have to avoid entire areas on the island (i.e. Kuta Beach) due to them being hubs of party seekers and club hoppers..other than that...the island of Bali is incredibly beautiful and will make you feel very peaceful and relaxed...

I also had a 10 hour transit in Singapore which really left me impressed with it...and I would recommend it for you..since you will go there through a prize I will assume that your hotel will be paid for..so you won't have to worry about that matter..for shopping..it will be costly (it's trendy with a lot of exclusive boutiques and such)..but for food it should be very cheap..because Singapore is considered the number one destinations for foodies..and they strongly cater for that by providing entire markets consisting of hawker stations selling snacks & foods of all sorts (but again you have to watch for the *halal* ones!)...and if you go there..pay attention to the neat restaurant rating system they have..which is marked with A..B..C..and D...A being excellent in cleanliness & such..and D being the lowest in that aspect...they post the letter in a *huge* sign at the front of every restaurant..cafe or hawk..so that should help you a lot..

And of course...if you go to Singapore...you can hop a plane for $50-$100 (round trip) over to gorgeous Malaysia and literally check it out for a day or two (a flight is about 45 minutes from Singapore to KL)..or have an 8 hour or so bus drive down there for $20-$45

P.S. if you go to any of these countries..I would ask that you *please* avoid doing what a lot of sisters unfortunately do..which is purchasing *counterfeit* brand name purses & clothes (commonly known as *fakes*)...these products *are* illegal according to international marketing & trade laws..though you'll see them everywhere..and a lot of the factories that make these products have ill business practices..so by not purchasing their products you will avoid giving them *undeserved* profits..if you really want a luxury item..simply purchase what you find to be a *good deal* and walk away with peace of mind..

I wish you the best sister..and Inshallah you will have a lot of fun :)

:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
^ I also want to add to sis's excellent post above, that there is also a Ferry that travels between Singapore and Malaysia - which takes about an hour. (If you plan to travel to both places.)

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother
:salam2: brothers and sisters..hope well, alhumdulillah..
well, urm..u know what, long back we had gone to some mall, and urm, u know there were some contests , and we just wrote our names and our phne numbers bla,bla.....and then today after i came from my class i got a call, urm, and in 15 members , my sisters name got selected (AISHA14 (IN TTI:)))we have won 3 prizes ..and 1st one is a trip to indonasia or thailand, or singapore and this priz is valid for 1 year....:)..........i dont know for how many days :D...coz i was abit sleepy, and i didnt show any reaction when phone call came to me:eek:...now, i felt, if inshallah all this happenes..(i dont know how far is true, nor am i much interested :p)..but even if it gets fully done..then which country should i choose?...singapore? thailand? or indonasia???? :confused:

jazakallalah khair

Sister with due respect i want to say that going to Kafir countries as a tourist is completely forbidden in Islam so dont even think of going to Singapore or Thailand as both are buddhist countries.So if you wanna go anywhere then it should be INDONESIA where your Imaan will remain safe between your brothers and sisters in islam....

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
:salam2: brothers and sisters..hope well, alhumdulillah..
well, urm..u know what, long back we had gone to some mall, and urm, u know there were some contests , and we just wrote our names and our phne numbers bla,bla.....and then today after i came from my class i got a call, urm, and in 15 members , my sisters name got selected (AISHA14 (IN TTI:)))we have won 3 prizes ..and 1st one is a trip to indonasia or thailand, or singapore and this priz is valid for 1 year....:)..........i dont know for how many days :D...coz i was abit sleepy, and i didnt show any reaction when phone call came to me:eek:...now, i felt, if inshallah all this happenes..(i dont know how far is true, nor am i much interested :p)..but even if it gets fully done..then which country should i choose?...singapore? thailand? or indonasia???? :confused:

jazakallalah khair

I suggest you to Visit Indonesia,

But who will be your MEHRAM???

Ibn Uthaymin

You should make excuses and not look for faults.

This is why Abdullah ibn Muhammad ibn Munazil (Allah have mercy upon him), of the early Muslims, said, “The believer seeks excuses for their brethren, while the hypocrite seeks out the faults of their brethren.”

Hamdun al-Qassar, one of the great early Muslims, said, “If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves.

It is only the merciful who are granted mercy by the All-Merciful. Be merciful to those on earth and the Lord of the Heavens will be merciful to you.” And, “None of you believes until they wish for others as they wish for themselves.” [Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi, from Abdullah ibn Amr (Allah be pleased with him); soundly authentic (hasan sahih) according to Tirmidhi]

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
You should make excuses and not look for faults.

This is why Abdullah ibn Muhammad ibn Munazil (Allah have mercy upon him), of the early Muslims, said, “The believer seeks excuses for their brethren, while the hypocrite seeks out the faults of their brethren.”

Hamdun al-Qassar, one of the great early Muslims, said, “If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves.

It is only the merciful who are granted mercy by the All-Merciful. Be merciful to those on earth and the Lord of the Heavens will be merciful to you.” And, “None of you believes until they wish for others as they wish for themselves.” [Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi, from Abdullah ibn Amr (Allah be pleased with him); soundly authentic (hasan sahih) according to Tirmidhi]

BTW Who is looking for the faults here?? can you please explain clearly?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Alright...let's refrain from nit-picking and diverting the thread off its original topic..the sister asked for help in making a decision..and that matter should be *respected*...any reply made that will take the thread off topic will be deleted..so please abide to this warning hadakom Allah!

:wasalam:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
NO I will not go any where:mad:..i want to study.>:angryblue:..and these studies will never leave me..:(..my plans are watered..studies come more than going any where..:(..
but dont worry, i will go sometime..:D....