Fasting 3 days a month = FASTING ALL THE TIME

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Prophet muhammad salallahualihiwasalam said he who fasts 3 days in a month is like he is fasting all the time.

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 155
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

Allah's Apostle entered upon me and said, "Have I not been informed that you offer prayer all the night and fast the whole day?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Do not do so; Offer prayer at night and also sleep; Fast for a few days and give up fasting for a few days because your body has a right on you, and your eye has a right on you, and your guest has a right on you, and your wife has a right on you. I hope that you will have a long life, and it is sufficient for you to fast for three days a month as the reward of a good deed, is multiplied ten times, that means, as if you fasted the whole year." I insisted (on fasting more) so I was given a hard instruction. I said, "I can do more than that (fasting)" The Prophet said, "Fast three days every week." But as I insisted (on fasting more) so I was burdened. I said, "I can fast more than that." The Prophet said, "Fast as Allah's prophet David used to fast." I said, "How was the fasting of the prophet David?" The Prophet said, "One half of a year (i.e. he used to fast on alternate days).

DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS START FASTING 3 days HOW HARD CAN IT BE.

Each fast removes you 70 years away from the hell-fire !!!!

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
hm...

JAZAKALLAHU KHIAR for sharing this the valuable Hadeeth, with us

FEE AMANILLAH

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Hi..

Should the fasting be continous 3 days in everymonth or it can every Monday's and Thursday's?

you can fast 3 days any time in the month

or you can fast on 13.14.15 of every month ( arabic callender )

Or you can fast on every Mondays and Thursdays like the sunnah of Allahs messenger salallahualihiwasalam.

Salmirah

JazakaAllahu Khair for this post brother.
Alhumdulillah I follow this Sunnah. I cannot fast on 13,14,15 but I try to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. :SMILY149: