Muslim commune in the US?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
A commune is basically a small community where people share similar interests. In this case, everyone there would be Muslim and it would be away from a mixed religion city.

There are MANY of these in the United States: Amish communes, Mormons, Hippies (self-sustaining communes) and even one for Buddhists in Oregon.

IF there was a Muslim commune, we could impose "laws" which all people in the community had to abide by. We could have a Shariah law system as close as US federal law allowed :biggrin:

Alcohol would be illegal, the Masjid could play the Adhan 5 times a day, and given how many Muslims lived there, we could have a private school grades k-12. These things are common in these small communities, usually all One would have to leave for are groceries and other things like that!

I was just brainstorming this when I was reading something about a new Mennonite (similar to Amish) community in my state. I'm sure the start up costs for this type of thing is huge but it would be so awesome...

How cool would this idea be?
How could we get people (with money) involved in this type of idea?
Is there one of these in America that I dont know about!? (Dearborn, Michigan doesnt count ;) )

justoneofmillion

You may end up with a fundamentalist commune, who expect everybody to believe in their narrow version of Islam or else are excommunicated. Despite the Quran's explicit prohibition of it, Muslims have no qualms about calling each other names and they have a large bag of labels to cast on their fellow Muslims who disagree with them. The chance for a successful Muslim commune are slim unless Muslims learn to respect each other's views and live and let live.

Those Muslims who can coexist with diverse views do not need to live in a commune! They do just fine in a pluralistic society.
:salam2:Barakallahu feek ya akhi al kabeer Aiman.

Dear Alf,
As long as Muslims persist of trying to appropriate themselves the mind of God,grow mature enough to understand that life is not always black and white and that there is a lot of Grey in between,it won't happened.

As long as they perceive genuinity as ignorance and passion as arrogance it will fail. As long as they themselves fail to understand that there is no intention to concede the monopole of knowledge in the revelation of Allah swt , to announce any form of Papal Hierarchical Dictatorship,and that the Muslim is the emancipated believer Par excellence.They will still copy their slave masters and adopt the traits of the same Helenized Christendom they claim to denounce and alas,we will come to think that it wasn't part of the decree.

I dont wanna shadow your enthusiasm,I pray for the opposite.But just imagine a bunch of hot blooded little Popes running around for power against each other in some hot and sunny Mormon landscape.I hope this remains unseen to your eyes.

The Muslims will one day unite again, Allah knows when.

Everything is in the hands Allah swt such matters are subject to his wisdom.