My Dad Called...

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum!

My dad called me last night. I haven't heard from hime in a very loong time! He asked me if I'm still Muslim and I said yes. He told me that I should stop. He has no right to try and tell me how to live my life! He called and asked me if I'm still Muslim and I said yes. He told me that I should stop. He has no right to try and tell me how to live my life! Why is everyone trying to tell me how I should live my life??!! :madred:

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Be polite but firm, tell him you respect him because he is your father but that he has no right to tell you how to worship the Creator. Don't let him get under your skin.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Sakeena, you are one fiesty Muslimah xD

Anyway, its America and alhamdulilah he cant tell you how to live your life. Just try to let it roll off you, thats what I do.

He wont try to kill you or anything right?? :( I know some people are crazy like that.

Sakeena

Sakeena, you are one fiesty Muslimah xD

Anyway, its America and alhamdulilah he cant tell you how to live your life. Just try to let it roll off you, thats what I do.

He wont try to kill you or anything right?? :( I know some people are crazy like that.

Hehe, I know! I'm a feisty pinky Muslimah. :SMILY335:

Will he kill me? He retired from the U.S. Navy. For all I know, he might! Even if he wanted to, he's in Hawaii and I'm on the East Coast. :hearts: Alhamdulilah. Let him try and shoot me! I'm not afraid of him! :girl3: SubhanAllah!!!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Hehe, I know! I'm a feisty pinky Muslimah. :SMILY335:

Will he kill me? He retired from the U.S. Navy. For all I know, he might! Even if he wanted to, he's in Hawaii and I'm on the East Coast. :hearts: Alhamdulilah. Let him try and shoot me! I'm not afraid of him! :girl3: SubhanAllah!!!

What!?! If he did try anything (domestic violence wise) please call 911 as soon as possible. O__O

Sakeena

What!?! If he did try anything (domestic violence wise) please call 911 as soon as possible. O__O

Sorry, I was joking. In all seriousness, I would call for help ASAP in anyone tried to hurt me inshallah!! :girl3: I'm just tired of being pushed around sis! :(

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Poor sister...
consoling1.gif

I think a little visit to cookie box of Aapa might cheer you up a little.

Valerie

Sorry, I was joking. In all seriousness, I would call for help ASAP in anyone tried to hurt me inshallah!! :girl3: I'm just tired of being pushed around sis! :(

:salam2:

He can't stop you from doing what you know is right in your heart, but you already know that. Maybe he just doesn't understand your beliefs enough. You could always find a book or pamphlet about basic beliefs and send it to him. Sort of a, "Thank you for your concern for me, but I want you to understand why I'm so happy as a Muslim."

I'm sure it'll be fine *hugs*

:wasalam:

Umme Ali

My Dad Called

Sweet Sister Sakeena Assalamoalakum,

I read and reread your post and replies. All of us pray for your physical safety and spiritual attainment. May I say that your position is somewhat similar to that of Hazrat Omar Farooq e Azam's sister and brother in law (before Omar RA converted). Be steadfast but also do not lose a chance to show dad the real face of your deen e islam. Who knows what Allah wills? It is only that your following Islam's commandments on rights and honor of parents will show him the beauty of islam. Tell him gently that Allah speaks frequently about how we should rever our parents, lower our voice and shoulders to show our humbleness before them and a lot more.
My suggestion is your resilience and gentleness will win him over Inshallah

Praying for your safety and success
Umme Ali

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Sakeena,

I believe the advice of sister Umme Ali is excellent.

Remember that Allah the Almighty said:

And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years - give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an, 31:14-15]

Source: http://www.qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp?L=eng&Page=412

And here I stress the words:

"But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly,"

So, you should be firm in your refusal when he asks you to leave Islam or do any act forbidden in Islam. At the same time, you should be kind to him, obey whatever he asks of you (if you could and as long as as it's not forbidden in Islam) and go the extra mile in being a dutiful daughter to your father. This could include checking up on him and his health, sending him a present from time to time, and any other nice gesture. Also, remember to be polite when you speak to him.

And most important of all, ask Allah to guide him to Islam and then strengthen his faith.

Regards,

Bluegazer

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
Asalam alaikum!

My dad called me last night. I haven't heard from hime in a very loong time! He asked me if I'm still Muslim and I said yes. He told me that I should stop. He has no right to try and tell me how to live my life! He called and asked me if I'm still Muslim and I said yes. He told me that I should stop. He has no right to try and tell me how to live my life! Why is everyone trying to tell me how I should live my life??!! :madred:
Alikom selam Wr Wb
Sister try to show him how gentle you became,and face him with polite manners wisdom,and at last if he doesn't accept you this wont change anything in your belief or in your relationship with Allah, no soul would be judged for another one,...
Avoid agressive argument and disccussions Coz this makes people in a deffenssive position which will harden your task of trying to convice you relatives and bring them to the true religion of God

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
I hate him!!!!! :angryblue:

No sweetie no,,:)
Dont ever hate him, he is a part of your life...

Be firm on the faith and be strong to love him but dont ever let him stop you from worshiping ALLAH AZZAWAJAL..

May ALLAH AZZAWAJAL make your tasks easy for you dear sisi..:hearts:

FEE AMANILLAH

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Salaams !!!!!!!!

U need to respect ur parents and also u need to be strong in Islam... Dont hert/ scaled him.. U tell that u r loving him and say that u LOVE Islam forever... Show ur kindness to him.. Insha Allah One day he may become as a muslim..... Actually if u be kind to ur parents as per discribed in Islam,,,, Insha Allah He may be accept Islam one day......... May Allah SWT Bless u and give hidayah to ur father Ameen!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakeena

He completely cut us off. No visits. No money. I don't He calls my brother at least once a year and I hate it when my brother hands me the phone. He never called me on my graduation from high school, or asked me about my health. What about me? :girl3: He won't even send me some money to for my medicine/school books, etc. Why should I even ask for these things? I'm his only daughter. :( I didn't say anything disrespectful to him. I've always been kind to him. I'm ranting on here because I'm sick of him tossing me aside while he showers my brothers with gifts and promises and I can't even get a "Happy Birthday" from him.

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam sis !

i think the best thing to do is be patient, and just be kind and loveing to your father, although his treating you badly, you as a muslim should always show kindness, specially to your parents, and inshallah one day soon he will realise ! patient pays off.