as-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! please i need help!jazak Allahu khairan

hamza3XL

as-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.

My name is Hamza Abdullah. I am a romanian convert to islam, alhamdulilah. I am muslim since 2008 alhamdulilah. I have meet a sister which i want to marry, inshaAllah. She is from Morocco. Ok. She asked me about circumcision, and i said i was not circumcised. She thinks that we can`t marry if i am not circumcised, in the meaning that she thinks that it might not be halal for her to marry me if i am not circumcised. I have done my reaserch... and i didn`t find any proof to say that i must undergo circumcision at this age(i am 24 years old), or any proof that if i am not circumcised i can`t marry.

Do moroccans have a tradition which is not from islam which says that a man can`t marry unless he`s circumcised?

I keep a good hygene,alhamdulilah. I wash with water after i use the toilet each time. I am afraid if i have circumcision done i will have big problems with health because of complications that can occur(bleeding, loss of veins, and blood vessels, possibly impotency). I think it would harm me at this age. I know harming oneself is haram.

Ok please help me with answers from a sheikh or from personal knowdeledge inshaAllah... so i can show my future wife solid proof. Because i have been researching about this for the past days. Thanks so much, Allah bless you all,ameen.

haakym

love
Wa alaykum asalaam wa rahmutullahi wa barakatahu

Being a fellow revert I have researched this matter before, from what I have read there is nothing stating that a man can not marry a woman if he is not circumcised. You should ask the sister for her evidence if this becomes a problem and prevents you from marriage.

However being circumcised is something that is highly recommended and you should find out how you can get it done professionally how much it will cost and get it done as soon as possible. Take the example of the prophet ibraheem aleyhi salaam when he was commanded to do it he made haste to do it.

Here are some fatawa on the issue of circumcision link

islamtrureligion

asaalamu alykum wr wb

Praise be to Allaah.

Circumcision is obligatory for men according to the majority of scholars, and it is one of the sunan al-fitrah (the actions connected to the sound nature of man), as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The actions of the fitrah are five: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, trimming the moustache, clipping the nails and plucking the armpit hairs.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5441; Muslim, 377.

Al-Bukhaari (3107) and Muslim (4368) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.”

But that fuqaha’ have stated that if an adult fears that circumcision may harm him, then it is waived in his case. Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Section: With regard to circumcision, it is obligatory for men and an honour for women, but is not obligatory for them. This is the view of many of the scholars. Ahmad said: It is more obligatory for a man, because if a man is not circumcised, then that skin is covering the glans and it cannot be cleaned properly. And it is less important for women.”

Abu ‘Abd-Allaah (i.e., Imam Ahmad) said: Ibn ‘Abbaas was very strict on this issue. It was narrated from him that there is no Hajj and no prayer for one who is not circumcised. But al-Hasan granted a concession with regard to that, and said: If a person becomes Muslim, it does not matter if he is not circumcised. He said: Black and white people became Muslim, and no one examined them, and they did not get circumcised. The evidence that it is obligatory is that covering the ‘awrah is obligatory, and if it were not for the fact that circumcision is obligatory it would not be permissible to transgress the sanctity of the person being circumcised and look at his ‘awrah in order to carry out this procedure. And this is one of the symbols of the Muslims. So it is obligatory, as are all the other symbols of Islam. If an adult man becomes a Muslim and he fears that being circumcised will harm him, it is waived in his case, because ghusl and wudoo’, etc are also waived if there is the fear that they will cause harm, so it is more appropriate that circumcision be waived (in this case). If a person is sure that he will not be harmed by it, then he has to do it. Hanbal said: I asked Abu ‘Abd-Allaah about the dhimmi (Jew or Christian living under Islamic rule) who becomes a Muslim: Do you think that he needs to be circumcised? He said: It is essential. I said: Even if he or she is old? He said: I like for him to be purified by that, because of the hadeeth: “Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.” And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “it is the religion of your father Ibraaheem (Abraham)” [al-Hajj 22:78].

From al-Mughni, 1/101

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (5/113):

Circumcision is one of the Sunnahs of the Fitrah, for both males and females, but it is obligatory for males and a Sunnah and an honour for women.

With the advances in the field of medicine, circumcision has become a safe procedure in most cases, so you should hasten to get circumcised and fulfil this obligation, follow the example of the Prophets, preserve your sound human nature (fitrah) and be on the safe side with regard to worship.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

hamza3XL

wa aleykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

thank you brothers for your answers. jazak Allahu khairan.

It does seem weird... after all it seems to be necessary. I should have been told about it before i became muslim and that i will not be able to marry because of not being circumcised. Talk about hipocrisy. Like being the only muslim in a small city in Romania, where they hate muslims to the core, because of past wars with ottoman khilafah, is not enough. Enduring all the mockery, idiot jokes like: ''hey osama bin laden how are you?'' Like all this is not enough, now i find out i can`t marry because i`m not circumcised. i think i`m reaching my limits here.

is it just me? or i think this is just an absurdity? not being able to get marry because of not doing something that will cause harm(circumcision)?

Praise be to Allaah.

Circumcision is obligatory for men according to the majority of scholars, and it is one of the sunan al-fitrah (the actions connected to the sound nature of man), as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The actions of the fitrah are five: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, trimming the moustache, clipping the nails and plucking the armpit hairs.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5441; Muslim, 377.

Al-Bukhaari (3107) and Muslim (4368) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.”

But that fuqaha’ have stated that if an adult fears that circumcision may harm him, then it is waived in his case. Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Section: With regard to circumcision, it is obligatory for men and an honour for women, but is not obligatory for them. This is the view of many of the scholars. Ahmad said: It is more obligatory for a man, because if a man is not circumcised, then that skin is covering the glans and it cannot be cleaned properly. And it is less important for women.”

Abu ‘Abd-Allaah (i.e., Imam Ahmad) said: Ibn ‘Abbaas was very strict on this issue. It was narrated from him that there is no Hajj and no prayer for one who is not circumcised. But al-Hasan granted a concession with regard to that, and said: If a person becomes Muslim, it does not matter if he is not circumcised. He said: Black and white people became Muslim, and no one examined them, and they did not get circumcised. The evidence that it is obligatory is that covering the ‘awrah is obligatory, and if it were not for the fact that circumcision is obligatory it would not be permissible to transgress the sanctity of the person being circumcised and look at his ‘awrah in order to carry out this procedure. And this is one of the symbols of the Muslims. So it is obligatory, as are all the other symbols of Islam. If an adult man becomes a Muslim and he fears that being circumcised will harm him, it is waived in his case, because ghusl and wudoo’, etc are also waived if there is the fear that they will cause harm, so it is more appropriate that circumcision be waived (in this case). If a person is sure that he will not be harmed by it, then he has to do it. Hanbal said: I asked Abu ‘Abd-Allaah about the dhimmi (Jew or Christian living under Islamic rule) who becomes a Muslim: Do you think that he needs to be circumcised? He said: It is essential. I said: Even if he or she is old? He said: I like for him to be purified by that, because of the hadeeth: “Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.” And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “it is the religion of your father Ibraaheem (Abraham)” [al-Hajj 22:78].

From al-Mughni, 1/101

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (5/113):

Circumcision is one of the Sunnahs of the Fitrah, for both males and females, but it is obligatory for males and a Sunnah and an honour for women.

With the advances in the field of medicine, circumcision has become a safe procedure in most cases, so you should hasten to get circumcised and fulfil this obligation, follow the example of the Prophets, preserve your sound human nature (fitrah) and be on the safe side with regard to worship.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

islamtrureligion

thank you brothers for your answers. jazak Allahu khairan.

It does seem weird... after all it seems to be necessary. I should have been told about it before i became muslim and that i will not be able to marry because of not being circumcised. Talk about hipocrisy. Like being the only muslim in a small city in Romania, where they hate muslims to the core, because of past wars with ottoman khilafah, is not enough. Enduring all the mockery, idiot jokes like: ''hey osama bin laden how are you?'' Like all this is not enough, now i find out i can`t marry because i`m not circumcised. i think i`m reaching my limits here.

is it just me? or i think this is just an absurdity? not being able to get marry because of not doing something that will cause harm(circumcision)?

Circumcision is a part of sunan al-fitrah (actions befitting the natural state of man) for men and women, but if it is not done after a person is fully-grown, there is nothing to worry about. As for a non-circumcised man leading the prayers, this is valid.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/117E]

if an adult fears that circumcision may harm him dont have to do it. talk to you wife to be. and inshaallah will work out for you i will keep you in my du'a inshaallah.

islamtrureligion

asaalamu alykum wr wb

wa'iyake bro.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, ‘When (will come) the Help of Allaah?’ Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allaah is near!”

[al-Baqarah 2:214]

hamza3XL

as-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu!

The problem is solved alhamdulilah. My future wife asked someone who studied islam and she understood circumcision is not fard for a convert adult male to islam, alhamdulilah.

The thing which makes me sick... is that a female friend(which is of course muslim) of hers told her she can`t marry me, unless i`m circumcised. I mean some people will just do harm for the sake of doing harm. I thought it`s only a trait of my neighbours who got me nice ''gifts''. Gifts = they would lie to the local policeman: ''oh man this guy he`s like muslim fundamentalist''. Then i would get home visits from the secret service to be questioned, to they see if i`m ok(not ''fundamentalists) or not.Then my neighbours would be so happy after the secret service left: ''see this piece of ... fundamentalist got himself scared and harassed''.

Thank you again to all the brothers who helped me resolve this matter, and to find the answer. Thanks for your duas. jazak Allahu khairan. Allah reward all of you, and bless you and your families. ameen.