Ashura - A Muslim and Shia Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parvaiz

Why do u want be to become a sunni when u have hadeeths and fatwas claiming that aisha used to breastfeed adults and u criticise our temporary marriage when a scholar in the wahabi sect made a fatwa about a marriage called "marriage with the niya of divorce" (funny thing its way similar to the temporary one"
I will join the sunni sect only if u are capable of uniting it... al7amdolliah the shiite the only thing within the shiite is that people disagree on one of the imams but as a saheeh hadeeth u should know ure 12 imams or else u die the death of jahiliya

Brother get your facts straight the fatwa given my the Sheikh doesn't mean it destroyed Wahabi sect.I am against him here's my answer to him
Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 2504 & Sahih Muslim, no. 1455

As for temporary message there is no basis of it in this age also get your evidence as Allah said to the jews and christian ''bring your proof''
Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father that while he was with Prophet Mohammad (SallAllaho Alaihi Wasallam) he said: 0 people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women, but Allah has forbidden it (now) until the Day of Resurrection. So he who has any (woman with this type of marriage contract) he should let her off, and do not take back anything you have given to them (as dower). Sahi Muslim (Book #008, Hadith #3255)
There is nothing Wong with sunni sect its just your going on the words of others and reading small articles written by non scholars who have no knowledge even if they maybe from wahabi no one is innocent.Whoever wrote the fatwa of temporary marrige according to you and whoever follows it doesn't believe in Allah or Prophet Muhammad(Peace Be Upon him)
What 12 Imams?There is only 1 Imam And the Imam of the world His name is Muhammed!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
bro im going to end it here i dont wana make more fuss about this i did my job i spread the knowledge its up to you to take it or not... I hope allah guides us all
Salam Alaikom

This is not spreading knowledge. Without posting sources, you have stated nothing but baseless opinions. That's not knowledge, that's jibberish. When people ask for sources, they're giving you the opportunity to prove your "knowledge" right. But since you refrained from actually giving sources and resorted to insults and slander instead, it just proves that even YOU don't know your own sources and that makes your supposed word equal to ZILCH a.k.a nothing.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Aloosh,

You're spreading lies not knowledge! The ignorance you've displayed goes back to my earlier post. You need to keep quiet and learn. Not speak and remain ignorant. No one EVER issued a fatwa about marrying with the intention to divorce as if it is halaal. Rather, it was released because some people do that, not because it's allowed! Did you just read the title and not the fatwa?

justoneofmillion

bro im going to end it here i dont wana make more fuss about this i did my job i spread the knowledge its up to you to take it or not... I hope allah guides us all
Salam Alaikom

:salam2:

Wht do you make of this ya rafid kalaam Allah swt!

24:26 Bad women are for bad men and bad men are for bad women. Good women are for good men and good men are for good women

Do you insenuate that rasulullah was a bad man?

24:23 Surely those who accuse chaste believing women, unaware (of the evil), are cursed in this world and the hereafter, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.

Let us see now what shia scholar (not other than Grand Ayatolla al-Khui) said about such issue.

Abul Qasem al-Khui was asked and he answered:

لسؤال
ماهو حكم شرب حليب المرأة ، سواء كان الشارب زوجها ، أم شخصا آخر ؟
الفتوى
لا بأس بذلك في نفسه.

Q. What is a ruling upon man on drinking milk of woman, whether the one who drunk her husband or someone else?
A. Nothing wrong with that in itself

http://www.almohajery.com/hashemya62/f1/44food1.htm

Let us first look at the translation of the Hadith mentioned in the Sahih of Imam Muslim and elsewhere:

Sayyida Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reports that Sahla bint Suhayl came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and said: O Messenger of Allah! I see on the face of Abu Hudhayfa (signs of dislike) on the entering of Salim, who is an ally, (into our house). The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: Suckle him. She said: How can I suckle him as he is a grown-up man? The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) smiled and said: I already know that he is a young man.(Sahih Muslim, no: 1453)

Another version of this Hadith is as follows:

Sayyida Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) reports that Salim, the freed-slave of Abu Hudhayfa, lived with him and his family in their house. She (i.e. the daughter of Suhayl and wife of Abu Hudhayfa) came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and said: Salim has attained (puberty) as men attain, and he has began to understand what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, think that Abu Hudhayfa feels uncomfortable with this. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the dislike) which Abu Hudhayfa feels in his heart will disappear.She returned and said: I have suckled him and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhayfa has disappeared. (Sahih Muslim)

Before coming to any sort of conclusion, we need to first understand the background and context of this incident. Imam Abu al-Abbas al-Qurtubi (Allah have mercy on him) states in his commentary of Sahih Muslim:

Salim (in this Hadith) is Salim ibn Maqal ¦Abu Hudhayfa had adopted him in accordance with the customs of the Arabs. He (Salim) had been brought up and raised by Abu Hudhayfa and his wife as their own son. When the verse of the Quran Call them (your adopted children) by (the names of) their (real) fathers.� (Surah al-Ahzab, V: 5) was revealed, the ruling of adopting children was abrogated (in that one can no longer consider an adopted son to be ones own). However, Salim continued to reside and enter the house of Sahla (the wife of Abu Hudhayfa) as he was a minor. When he grew old and came close to puberty, both Abu Hudhayfa and Sahla disliked the idea of him entering freely upon Sahla, but they found it difficult to mention this to him, given the fact that he had lived with them (and was brought up by them), hence they asked the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) regarding this. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to Sahla: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the dislike) which Abu Hudhayfa feels in his heart will disappear� hence she suckled him and it so happened (i.e. the dislike of Abu Hudhayfa disappeared)� (al-Mufhim lima Ashkal min talkhis Kitab Muslim, 4/186, Dar Ibn Kathir print)

The above clearly illustrates that Salim was adopted by Abu Hudhayfa and his wife Sahla. He had lived with them and was raised and brought up by them since childhood. However, Islam does not recognize legal adoption and an adopted child is not considered a real child, hence after reaching puberty, the rules of Hijab are applicable. It became very difficult for Salim to live with his adoptive mother due to this rule, thus the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) advised Sahla to make Salim drink her breast-milk, whereby the rules of Hijab would be lifted.

It is narrated in the Tabaqat of Ibn Sad and elsewhere that Sahla would pour her breast-milk into a utensil each day for five continuous days and Salim would drink from it. He did not directly drink from the breast of Sahla, as it is not permitted to expose ones nakedness (awra) in front of a non-Mahram adult, let alone have him suckled. Thus, the objection raised by some non-Muslims that this was an immoral act has no significance, for Sahla did not directly suckle Salim, as he had reached puberty. Imam Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (Allah have mercy on him) has also mentioned this in his al-Isaba fi tamiz al-Sahaba. (See: Tabaqat Ibn Sad, 8/271 & al-Isaba, 4/337)

This leaves us with the question whether is it allowed for an adult to drink breast-milk, and what implications would that hold?

It is a well-known and recognised fact amongst the majority of the Muslim jurists (fuqaha) that suckling is not permitted after two (or 2 and a half) years, neither does it affect the rules of Hijab and marriage. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) quite clearly mentioned this in one Hadith where he said: suckling is only valid if it takes place in the suckling period.(Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 2504 & Sahih Muslim, no. 1455) The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) also said: Suckling (radhaa) does not prohibit (i.e. marriage) except which penetrates the intestines (m: meaning which serves as a nourishment for the child) from the breasts, and it is prior to weaning.� (Recorded by Imam al-Tirmidhi in his Sunan, no. 1152)

Due to the above narrations, all four Sunni schools of Islamic law are in agreement that suckling and breastfeeding will only be considered (i.e. in effecting the rules of marriage and Hijab) if it takes place in the period designated for it, and it is of no significance after that period.

Thus, scholars mention that the permission given by the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) for Sahla to give her milk to Salim was a special dispensation and an isolated case, and it cannot be generalized. Imam Abu al-Abbas al-Qurtubi (Allah have mercy on him) states that all of the Prophets wives with the exception of Aisha (Allah be pleased with them all) considered this to be a special dispensation, and this is the view taken by the majority of early (salaf) and late (khalaf) scholars. They considered the Hadith to be specific with Salim and Sahla, and are of the opinion that it is not permitted for an adult to drink breast-milk. If an adult did drink breast-milk, it will be of no consequence with regards to marriage and the rules of Hijab. (See: al-Mufhim, 4/186-187 & Ila al-Sunan, 11/119)

Moreover, Umm Salama, the wife of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) used to say: All the wives of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) rejected the idea that one can come to them (without observing the rules of Hijab) with this type of breastfeeding (i.e. the suckling of an adult), hence they said to Aisha (Allah be pleased with her): By Allah, we do not consider this but a dispensation given by the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) for Salim. No one is to be allowed to enter (our houses) with this type of fosterage and we do not subscribe to this view.(Sahih Muslim, no: 1454)

Thus, in conclusion, it is not permitted for an adult to intentionally drink breast-milk; neither will it have any bearing on the rules of Hijab and marriage. The companion Salim (Allah be pleased with him) was given a special dispensation by the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) to drink the milk of Sahla, the wife of Abu Hudhayfa, due to the special circumstances of their case. However, Salim did not directly drink the milk from the breast of Sahla, rather, she would pour the milk in a utensil and he would drink from it.

And Allah knows best...

1.Would you allow mutaa for you mother or sister without feeling any sense of Izza now and you call us sons of.....call that A lie or a psychological pathology of attributing your own evils to others In the process of trying to get rid of them in an indirect fashion.So Less you become yourself some sort of psychological prostitute. I would suggest to you the direct alternative bow down to Allah swt alone. ,.Our Scolars may differ on certain issues alhamdulillah human beings just like the colors and the variety in nature do,None is infallibe besides Allah swt stop seeing everything behind the lens of Shirk.And no we won t legalize prostitution .And we don t differ on tawheed. that is what is gonna bring you into hell.Not what Abu Bakr ,Ali Ra,Umaar Al Farooq or Uthman ubnu Affan...etc did or did not do you are responsible for yourself alone wake up!

2.What does it bring to insult people who lived hundreds and hundreds of years ago beside of spreading free hate!Does swearing bring you closer to Allah swt or your daily deeds and worship.Did Allah swt tell you to curse the Sahaba and the wife of the prophet in your worship.Show the evidence in the Quraan for that.

3.What it this bidaa of beating yourselves up to blood who ordered you to do that!what kind of worship is that!The ignorant priests used to do that aswell flagelation.It is not from Islam.

.For now you are the little tiny sect of 10 percent that worship ayatollahs and believe them to be infallible.I am not here to judge you God will be sure of that.I don 't have much time now got to wake up early , but I will take care of you once I have bi idni llah.

For now ill just let your Grand Ayatollah refute you since you decided to open this cane of worms.

[yt]SY0MSVlo5x4[/yt]

Aloosh12

Banned
Sorry for late comment been busy with final exams

Wht do you make of this ya rafid kalaam Allah swt!

24:26 Bad women are for bad men and bad men are for bad women. Good women are for good men and good men are for good women

Do you insenuate that rasulullah was a bad man?

Bro give me a break this verse has many interpretations and can put into many situations. Put in mind were talking about a prophet of god someone who is infallible doesn't commit a mistake . 2nd if you're trying to refer this to aisha. What us Muslims say about aisha that she committed a mistake during the battle of jamal by leaving her house and causing the deaths of thousands of muslim's and that she should ask repentance and forgiveness from the lord all mighty.

Let us see now what shia scholar (not other than Grand Ayatolla al-Khui) said about such issue.

Abul Qasem al-Khui was asked and he answered:

لسؤال
ماهو حكم شرب حليب المرأة ، سواء كان الشارب زوجها ، أم شخصا آخر ؟
الفتوى
لا بأس بذلك في نفسه.

Q. What is a ruling upon man on drinking milk of woman, whether the one who drunk her husband or someone else?
A. Nothing wrong with that in itself

If you know how to read it says drinking the milk of a women and not breastfeeding. He speaks ingeneral behind the ethics of the milk within a women and probably this is used for emergency. This is an opinion of a scholar and not a sect or a marja3iya

Due to the above narrations, all four Sunni schools of Islamic law are in agreement that suckling and breastfeeding will only be considered (i.e. in effecting the rules of marriage and Hijab) if it takes place in the period designated for it, and it is of no significance after that period.

This is a new FATWA allows adult male to have breast feeding with his female collegue at work for five times and then she can show her hair infront of him. (as you can see not marriage and ITS a marja3iya from Al Azhar; the so called liberal marja3iya)

Here is the link to the Saudi Arabia based website. Enjoy!
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2007/05/16/34518.html

And Allah knows best...

1.Would you allow mutaa for you mother or sister without feeling any sense of Izza now and you call us sons of.....call that A lie or a psychological pathology of attributing your own evils to others In the process of trying to get rid of them in an indirect fashion.So Less you become yourself some sort of psychological prostitute. I would suggest to you the direct alternative bow down to Allah swt alone. ,.Our Scolars may differ on certain issues alhamdulillah human beings just like the colors and the variety in nature do,None is infallibe besides Allah swt stop seeing everything behind the lens of Shirk.And no we won t legalize prostitution .And we don t differ on tawheed. that is what is gonna bring you into hell.Not what Abu Bakr ,Ali Ra,Umaar Al Farooq or Uthman ubnu Affan...etc did or did not do you are responsible for yourself alone wake up!

Unfortunately im going to do gown to your level and reply with such silly comment and then talk morally.

Misyar Marriage is a unique Sunni Muslim innovation. Misyar marriage is defined as an official marital "relationship" between a man and a woman who do not live together, and where the husband is not financially responsible for a Misyar wife. Misyar can be a temporary arrangement, but unlike the Mut'a marriage, which ends on the expiration date of the CONTRACT, the Misyar has no certain date for divorce, and it is up to the man to divorce his wife whenever, or if ever, he feels like doing so. The difference between a Misyar marriage and a normal marriage, is that the couple does not live in one household but remain on a visitor's basis.

Misyar marriage has been practiced in Saudi Arabia and Egypt for many years. It was legalized in Saudi Arabia by a fatwa issued by Sheikh Abdel Aziz bin Baz and was officially legalized in Egypt by the Egyptian Sunni Imam Sheikh Mohammed Sayyed Tantawi in 1999. The Mufti of Egypt is a staunch defender of Misyar marriage.

The practive of Misyar marriage is often different from the original intent for creating this institution. Wealthy Kuwaiti and Saudi men sometimes enter into a Misyar marriage while on vacation. They believe that this allows them to have sexual relations with another woman without committing the sin of adultery. They travel to poor countries, such as Egypt or Syria, and meet middlemen who arrange the marriage for them. Some men arrange Misyar marriages online. The middleman brings some girls and they pick the one that they like most. These men pay the girl's family some money.

Families agree to the arrangement because of the money and the hope that their girl will have some fun and visit places that she can only dream about (i.e. luxury hotels and restaurants). They also hope for some gifts and at the end of the vacation and that the rich "husband" will give her some money and divorce her (although divorce was not a part of the fatwa which created Misyar marriage). Sometimes the husband keeps the wife for next vacation and sends her some money now and then. Many Misyar wives hope to win the love of their husbands so that they may live with them. Since the wife knows that she will most likely be divorced, but she does not know when, most Misyar wives take care to prevent pregnancy.

Now to answer rationally we believe the temporary marriage is clearly interpreted from the quraan. Remember it is a marriage you need witnesses and a contract. Sobhan Allah now in this generation we have pilots that always travel and dont settle down; we have poor people who cant afford a family and a full term relationship. Temporary marriage is the solution.

Allah knows the best!

2.What does it bring to insult people who lived hundreds and hundreds of years ago beside of spreading free hate!Does swearing bring you closer to Allah swt or your daily deeds and worship.Did Allah swt tell you to curse the Sahaba and the wife of the prophet in your worship.Show the evidence in the Quraan for that.

Why do you insist that we curse its unislamic to do so. All i can say whether a sunni or shiite always give hidaya to the person. The maximum thing ive heard was "God damn" or la3anak Allah which technically means God seal your heart.

Watch this brother http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c85fYG5WJwE

3.What it this bidaa of beating yourselves up to blood who ordered you to do that!what kind of worship is that!The ignorant priests used to do that aswell flagelation.It is not from Islam.

Stop the ignorance Al 7amdollilah this behavior is being abandoned very quick you will never see a sheikh doing that. The ones that used to do them is because they were oppressed under whatever regime either taliban or saddam and they wanted attention. However we see more people enjoying suicide bombing so lets not get into this mentality.

.For now you are the little tiny sect of 10 percent that worship ayatollahs and believe them to be infallible.I am not here to judge you God will be sure of that.I don 't have much time now got to wake up early , but I will take care of you once I have bi idni llah.

:astag: I will let Allah mark your words and judge you when time comes. 10% if you say so keep your eyes and heart sealed.

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.