Is it haram to name a turkish name?

IluvIslame

I am expecting a baby girl anytime now :)
My grand-mother is half turkish and she told me to name her Miral which mean female deer (a doe) Which also means beautiful and a rose. Also I read that the turkish ppl when they address to someone important, like the queen for example, they call her Miral as a sign of respect. So this is all I know about this name. I also found a site saying that its an arabic name that means good with the sword and master in everything but I am really not sure about that, because all my family members didnt know what it means and it was the first time they hear this name ( we are arabs btw) So i think its a turkish name and I just wanted to know if it was haram to name my future daughter this name?
Thank you for your help.

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

We just recently posted daleel on this, naming of children. Basically the only haram names is naming a child after a god (or meaning to worship another god). Also, if the name has a bad meaning in the native language that is forbidden as well. Other than that there are no forbidden names. Some people believe (incorrectly) that a name must be Arabic to be Muslim, this is completely untrue.

IluvIslame

I just read in another site that its haram :s
I am lost.....but i think what you said makes more sense. It doesnt have to be arabic to be muslim.

ShyHijabi

I just read in another site that its haram :s
I am lost.....but i think what you said makes more sense. It doesnt have to be arabic to be muslim.

What site was this? If you need I can post the link to the fatwa and daleel concerning naming of children. If someone states something is haram then the burden of proof is on that person.

Aloosh12

Banned
As an arab i can say we have arabic names and we have muslim names... usually the arab names are shared between arab muslims and christians. But i agree that it depends on the meaning.