How do i grow tall?

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Asalam alai kum Akhi

The best tip or advice one can give is to worry about making it to Jannah. In Jannah a persons height will be like that of Prophet Adam (Alaihis Salam) which is extremely tall.

The proof that we humans have been decreasing in stature comes from the following hadith.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (SAW) said, "Allah created Adam (AS), making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam (AS)said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's AS) salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (AS)(in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's (AS) creation. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)

Peace2u

DanyalSAC

Your height is determined by genetics. There are races of people who drink plenty of milk yet remain diminutive, while others refrain from milk and reach over 6 feet. Lactose intolerance is caused by being the descendant from a people that did not cultivate milk in their diets (Native Americans, for example).

Its how ALLAH s.w.t. has created us. Drinking milk has no bearing on your height. Yes it does add calcium but so does so many other things in our diet. After all, humans are the only mammals on Earth that not only continue to ingest milk long beyond when we are weaned, but also drink the milk of other species.

If there were some way to make yourself tall we would have no end of basketball player wannabes!

Allahu alim

A-believer-25

Asalam alai kum Akhi

The best tip or advice one can give is to worry about making it to Jannah. In Jannah a persons height will be like that of Prophet Adam (Alaihis Salam) which is extremely tall.

The proof that we humans have been decreasing in stature comes from the following hadith.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (SAW) said, "Allah created Adam (AS), making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam (AS)said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's AS) salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (AS)(in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's (AS) creation. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)

Peace2u

Yes, you are right. I guess there is no need for me to worry about my height, since Jannah is much more important anyway! :D

Thank you for the reply everyone!!! :)

Jazakum-Allah khair!

OoOWandererOoO

:salam2:
when my parents were out of country. we didnt have that much to eat at my house. so basically every single day for like 5-6 months i ate chicken and yogurt and drank black cumin seeds[they have oil too], orange juice with and without pulp, and whole milk. when my parents come back they said I grow very very tall and everyone surprised and alhamdulillah i become tallest in my family even if i count my cousins and grownups.
I made duaa aswell.
I think it was because of prophets hadith about black cumin seeds. it cures any disease except death. idk if being short is a disease. [of course we all know it is allaah who cures]
this worked for me and orange juice worked for another brother i know. allaah knows best.

A-believer-25

when my parents were out of country. we didnt have that much to eat at my house. so basically every single day for like 5-6 months i ate chicken and yogurt and drank black cumin seeds[they have oil too], orange juice with and without pulp, and whole milk. when my parents come back they said I grow very very tall and everyone surprised and alhamdulillah i become tallest in my family even if i count my cousins and grownups.
I made duaa aswell.
I think it was because of prophets hadith about black cumin seeds. it cures any disease except death. idk if being short is a disease. [of course we all know it is allaah who cures]
this worked for me and orange juice worked for another brother i know. allaah knows best.

Wait, are you out of your puberty, brother?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

I think its the stigma attached of being short. When you become successful and famous in life no one cares about your height.

Diego Maradona is short but he is one of the legends of football every football fan knows him across the globe.

I am also short but I have made my mind not to bother about it if not height I have may be something special in me which Allaah Azza Wa Jal gave me instead of height.

I also heard in one of the lectures Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) didn't have a personality as of Umar Ibn Al Khattab (may Allaah be pleased with him) but when his emaan would be weighted against the believers of the world it would easily outweigh it.

hana*

this post really brought a smile to my face, in addition to all the comments by these 'google doctors'. why is height such a problem when we have perfect health? im 5"1 and it automatically makes me look younger due to being pettite- its a blessing! its never been a problem and the fact that my husband is only a few inches taller makes it even better

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Good Protein intake (lentils,eggs etc) and exercise (gymnastics of some sort perhaps?). You should consult a physical trainer perhaps.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

justoneofmillion

:salam2::)There is a saying I know about women who wanna grow their hair long and complain about it breaking all the time "If beauty was in the hair,it wouldn't grow under the arms'.

I say the same to you if beauty was in the magnificence we wouldn't appreciate the sun perceiving it so small as it sets ,when in fact the sun is huge.

It is all a matter of perspective and proportions Akhi.

You have been given the power to control that perspective, if you wanna grow, reach towards the sky don't remain attached to the soil .

For the proportions do a lot of sports( work on your Shoulders for example), keep yourself healthy.

To sum it up.Train Both Body and spirit keep yourself balanced.

Otherwise you would have had to choose you parents which is one of the few things humans can not do along with kissing their own nose, and being visited in the zoo once a week by elephants and their children.Keep smiling.

Allah maak