salt, black pepper

For frying:
Butter,
Margarine, or oil

On top:
2 Tbsp syrup
Water or bouillon

1. Cut out the core of the cabbage.

2. Cook the cabbage in salted water until done.

kaalinpaamuok.jpg

3. Remove the leaves and drain. Pare down the thick base of each leaf.

4. Cook the rice in salted water.

5. Let the breadcrumbs swell in the water and cream mixture.

6. Mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, seasonings, and rice. Dice the core of the cabbage. And add to the ground beef mixture. Season.

7. Spread cabbage leaves on a board. Put 1-2 tablespoons of filling on each leaf. Wrap into little packages.

Link.aspx

8. Place the packages side by side in a greased baking dish. Top with a few dabs of butter and pour on syrup.

9. Bake at 425 degrees F (225 degrees C) until slightly brown. Turn and bake some more. Add water or bouillon.

Link.aspx

10. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Baste and bake for 45-60 minutes.

11. Serve with lingonberry or cranberry jam or fresh puréed berries.

kaalikaarylemuok.jpg

Yummy!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Wow, I hate cabbage but the last picture of the finished rolls look yummy :9

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

wow, it looks yummy
I'll try it, I have much time, and when I get bored or Im in a bad mood, I usually cook, because at least at that time it doesn't feel that, "why Im wasting my time in cooking? coz then I had nothing to do then"

wassalam

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
sister..........................

as your previous strawberry dish.. even now... I feel the same

I mean I want it right now RIGHT NOW :laughing-dancing:

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
:salam2: sister harbs and all other sisters,
Long time, I've missed all my beloved sisters in here. That rolls look delicious, I make the samething but on tortilla rolls. And I bake them with a little eggwhite spread on top instead of frying. Healthy :p atleast trying to be.:hijabi:
Its good to see you sisters still around here,:hearts:

Sister Kalena

A question for Chef Sister Harb

Your recipe looks delicious, but what is the "syrup" you refer to when you are ready to bake the rolls?

Corn syrup? Maple syrup? Cough syrup? :confused: LOL!

Thank you!

P.S. I'm in the US, but can order anything online.

Sister Kalena

Thank you!

We use here syrup that is made by sugarbeet and sugarcane. Is there using anything like same?

Thank you, dear sis - I just wanted to make sure you were using a sweet syrup in your savory dish. I think honey or corn syrup would work...I'm going to replace the ground beef with tempeh, hope it fools my meat eating husband! Halal meat isn't very available in my area, so I stick to a plant based diet as much as possible. It helps keep my high cholesterol in check as well.

Thank you again, and I would be interested to hear if anyone else tries this wonderful recipe.

Come on sisters, I'm headed to the kitchen, won't you join me?

:blackhijab: