Ibn al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyya use of hadith

Hannah123

One Truth
Assalaam alaikum,
So I saw this video on youtube that was a poem of Ibn Qayyim about the Meeting with Allah,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFKCaMZpho

thats the link for the video, its very beautiful and a tearjerker. And in the comments below the video it says that it is derived from Hadith. I'm the kind of person who likes to know which Hadith these words are coming from, but I've searched for hours and haven't found any site that says which hadith these words come from.
My question is do any of you know the hadith that he's using in this videos words?

Thanks.

haakym

love
Assalaam alaikum,
So I saw this video on youtube that was a poem of Ibn Qayyim about the Meeting with Allah,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFKCaMZpho

thats the link for the video, its very beautiful and a tearjerker. And in the comments below the video it says that it is derived from Hadith. I'm the kind of person who likes to know which Hadith these words are coming from, but I've searched for hours and haven't found any site that says which hadith these words come from.
My question is do any of you know the hadith that he's using in this videos words?

Thanks.

Wa alaykum asalaam,

Probably not much help but the link below has the book it's from so I guess if you look there you might find it but then you would need to buy the book or find someone who has it.

Haadi al-Arwaah ilaa Bilaad il-Afraah by Ibn al-Qayyim, pg. 193

http://abdurrahman.org/finaljourney/haadiAlArwaah.html

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

No it doesn't mean its derived from one hadeeth, it could be derived from a lot of authentic narrations, and then narrated in a poetic form.

This is the difference between the `ulemaa and us. They have memorized so much, that any topic they think off, then they know all the relevant ahadeeth and Qur'aan ayahs, and the statements of the sahaabah and scholars regarding that topic.

And this is why some of the scholars like the `Allaamah Muhammad Mukhtaar ash-Shanqitee when explaining the ayaah:

وَمَن يُطِعِ اللّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فَأُوْلَئِكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَاء وَالصَّالِحِينَ وَحَسُنَ أُولَئِكَ رَفِيقً

And whoso obeys Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiqoon , the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are! [Soorah an-Nisaa': 69]

said that the Al-Siddeeqoon are the `Ulemaa.

May Allaah `Azza wa Jall preserve our `ulemaa, aameen

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh sister Hannah. Jazakellahu Kyran (wa Barakallahu Feeki bi alfi me atin) for the video, it was a real heart breaker (especially when I read it for the first time two years ago), May Allah (SWT) forgive us for our sins and increase us in our Wala' (Loyalty and Love to Allah [SWT]) and Bara' (Dislike for all that which Allah (SWT) hates/dislikes), Ameen. As for your question sister, the referances of these poems comes from three main sources:

1.) Thorough Explanations of the Quranic verses and the Ahaadith by renown scholars (Abu Haneefah, Ahmed ibn Hanbal, ash Shafi'ee, Malik ibn Anas, Ibn Taymiyyah, al Qurtubi, an Nawawi, etc. (Rahmatullah Aleyhim
Ajma'een) and most importantly, the scholars of the Shahabah (RA) like Ibn Abbas, Abdullah ibn Masid, Hasan ibn Thaabith, Anas ibn Malik, etc.)

If one were to read the books of Tafsir and Aqeedah by the Four Imams (Abu Haneefah, Malik ibn Anas,in ash-Shafi'ee, and Ahmed in Hanbal Raheemahumullah), Ibn Kathir, al Qurtubi, and Ibn Taymiyyah, then they would find all the Ahaadith and Descriptions of Jannah and the Akiraah (for example, if we were to read the Tafsir of Ibn Kathir (RA), and if we went to the Tafsir of Surah Qiyaamah, we would find the meanings of the
verses, and also with Ahaadith also.)

2.) Quran:

The poem describes:

a.)the drinks of the people of Jannah (and thier vessels) and food
b.)the spouses (and clothing)
c.)their lovely faces (which will be shining)

The Surahs (that these topics are mainly mentioned) can be found in: ar-Rahmaan, al Waqiah, ath Thoor, Qaaf, al Qiyaamah, and al Insaan.

3.) Authentic Ahaadith

If you have an English copy of Riyadh as-Saaliheen (by Imam an Nawawi), there are many (large) Ahaadith that mention the Akirah (Hereafter), and towards the end of the book, there are about 2-4 Ahaaditho (from Bukhari and Muslim) that mention the day that Allah (SAW) will remove "His Covering" and so all of His Creation will see His Face, Exalted and Mighty He is.

**"His Covering" reffers to:

a partition of of beautiful and pure light (that does not resemble any type of light that one has seen in this world) that one would be able to see if they were to look up at Allah (SWT) (in Jannah). Only during the "Day of Increase" will the covering be gone, and by that, the Inhabitants of Jannah would be able to see Allah (SWT)'s appearance clearly and accurately, instead of seeing the pure light of "His Covering."

***"The Day of Increase" refers to:

not a day, but a moment in time in which (as the poem explains, that the People of Jannah will see the Appearance of Allah (SWT).
That makes sense too, because whenever Allah (SWT) or Rasulallah (SAW) talk about a "Day" in the Hereafter, it does not refer to The Day of 24 hours, but the "Day/Time" in which an important event will take place.

Example:
The term, Yawm al-Qiyamah literally means, "The Day of Resurrection (Doomsday for the Evildoers), but in Suratul Ma'arij (Chapter 70), Allah (SWT) described the Day of Resurrection to be "equal to fifty-thousand years," and also, in an Authentic Hadith (I believe it was in Tabarani), Rasulallah (SAW) stated that "a day in the Hereafter is equal to 500 years (of the Duniyah)."

And Allah (SWT) knows best.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
***********I was planning to continue my post, but I've got to do something at the moment, so I'll continue writing later, Inshallahu Ta Alaa. For the mods, please don't delete this post :D Jazakumullahu Kyran***********