Night Patrol's Of Umar Ibn Khattab- Part two

abou khaled

Night Patrol's Of Umar Ibn Khattab- Part two

Assalamo alaikum

During one of his patrols Umar Bin khattab pass by a house and heard a child crying for several time. So he goes to the mother and tells her

Umar Bin Khattab: Fear Allah and take care of your child

and then he leaves. Then the child is carrying on crying and crying and crying. Towards the end of the night he goes to her and says

Umar Bin Khattab: What kind of mother are you. You are an evil mother. Your child has been crying since the beginning of the night.

Mother: I am trying to wean him but he doesn’t want to eat the food. This child still wants to breastfeed and his mother is trying to convince him to eat, rather than breastfeed.

Umar Bin Khattab: Why are you trying to wean him? How old is he?

Mother: He is a few month old

Umar bin Khattab: Why are you trying to wean him then (because the complete period of breastfeed is two years long).

Mother: Because Umar bin Khattab (she doesn’t know that its Umar Bin Khattab (The Khalifa), who himself is speaking to her) doesn’t start paying them until they are weaned.”

Umar bin khattab: Vow to you Oh son of Khattab, what have you done?

He was so taken back by what happened that during Fajr Prayer people could not recognize his qiraat because of his crying. So after Fajr prayer he immediately issues a Government order to all the mothers around the Muslim world saying “Do not wean your children too early because from now on you will receive a handout the day your child is born”.

Umar Bin Khattab said “How many Children have I killed?”. He said to himself “How many children have been killed because of you”. What is Umar bin Khattab saying? Who did he kill? Which children did he killed? This is a favor that he is doing to the people; he is giving them these handouts. He considers that he has harmed the Muslim infants because their mothers are trying to wean them sooner to get the handouts.

Can you think about such a Government? You don’t pay any taxes and you still receive handouts from the Government. Now Governments are ripping their people off. Taking 30% or more in taxes and they give you nothing. Supposedly they take this money to offer you services. Where does all of that money go?

In the Islamic Khalifah there was no such thing called “Taxes”. No taxes at all. They didn’t know the concept of taxes. This concept of Taxes existed among the Romans and the Persians but in the Islamic Khalifah no taxes. All what would be taken from you is Zakat if you are capable of giving it and Ushur for foreign businessman. But instead the Government gives you money. The moment your child is born you will start receiving those handouts.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah.

fagie

Salam brother.

How can road be built and schools, hospitals etc with just only zakah.
For me taxes is a necessity in governing.
But the major problem is either the taxes is used for the betterment of the people or being misdirected due to corruption or mismanagement.

abou khaled

Salam aleikoum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Patrol's Of Umar Ibn Khattab- Part III

Assalamo alaikum

During one of his patrols he passes by a house. (Those days’ houses didn’t have a front yard or back yard or a huge garden or sound proof walls. These were very modest mud brick buildings. The house is basically composed of few rooms and that’s it. Hassan Al basri said, the ceiling of the house of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) could be touched by hand.) So you could hear what is happening inside these houses. Umar bin Khattab is walking very late at night and he hears a women. This woman was reciting the lines of poetry.

Basically this woman was a wife of one a Mujahid. Her husband was away for a very long time and she was feeling very lonely. She has no children and she was staying in home alone. So she was reciting the lines of poetry.

This night is very very long and I have no companion to be with me

If it wasn’t for Allah I would have been with another man…….

So basically she is saying that if it wasn’t for Allah, I would have committed Haraam. But then she said but because I fear Allah and because there is an eye that is watching me all the time. If it wasn’t the case I would have been with another companion.

Umar Bin Khattab said: May Allah have mercy on you. He wasn’t speaking to her but he was making duaa for her.

He then goes to his daughter Hafsa. He knocks on the door, seeing him hafsa said “Oh my father why did you come in this late hour. It must be something very urgent. So he comes and says “For how long can a woman wait for her husband. How long can she stay alone? How long will her patience last. Hafsa said “one month, two month, three month and then after four months her patience runs out.”

Umar bin Khattab immediately issues an order that no Muslim soldier should stay away from her wife for more than four months. So the rotation is for four months.

But there was a problem; many of those soldiers didn’t want to come back. You know now, soldiers are crying, they want to go back to mom and dad. I want to go back to my girl friend. They are weeping, they are crying. But these soldiers who are fighting for fisabillilah some of them didn’t want to go back. So umar bin khattab had to force them. He sent some orders, he said “You either go back or I am gonna give you an exemption. But you have to give nafaka to your wives; you have to provide her with sufficient money so that she wouldn’t be in any need. Otherwise you divorce.

These are the teachings that show the care that Umar bin khattab had for the muslim family. How eager he was to make sure that men are happy, women are happy and children are happy…