I am scared to undergo circumcision.

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum: My Islamic Br's.

As I am not born to Muslim parents,I did not go circumcision in childhood. After reversion in order to pray I had to use water to wash out remains of urine left on private part. Initially I had no problems,but later on due to sustained collection of water on and within interior side of prepuce fungal infection began to develop. The surgeons suggest that I already have troubles with Phimosis,consistent wet prepuce will not be free from microbial infections. They say just stop using water except while bathing and problem will be solved. But as they are unaware that I am a Muslim and practically it is not possible for me to do so as I won't be able to pray thereof. I am scared to undergo circumcision. My Dad and younger brother both underwent circumcision due to similar problem caused by Phimosis. It appears as if Phimosis is a hereditary trait that we inherit. Both Dad and Br. are medical professionals and easily surrendered for circumcision. But I am not able to prepare myself for circumcision.

Any alternative suggestions to overcome this problem and avoid circumcision.

Regards.
Abdullah.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh brother. It's actually easy.

1.) Remove all fears

Yes, circumcism sounds scary and painful, but remember that it's for the best

2.) Do it for the Sake of Allah (SWT)

He commanded circumcism for OUR own good, because it's bad for our health (talk about being Caring and Loving), so when you go to get circumsized, do it with a firm intention, that it is for Allah (SWT) ALONE, and then it will open the door to His reward and His favours upon you. And also, if you do so, it will help keep you patient through the circumcism.

3.) The Washing technique won't work good

So just do circumcism

4.) The pain is temporary

Maybe you'll have to wear an Izhaar or a Lungi for a week, etc. but it's only going to be for a few days.

I suggest that you tell your surgeon (during circumcism) to give you anesthesia, take a week off from work, and do Salat (or Namaz, if you speak Urdu) sitting down (in a chair or on the floor). :wink:

nizar83

aselemu aleikum bro, im not going to be hypocrit..i have to admit im more than happy to have been circumsised when i was still a little boy..however...

i have some friends that went through your exact situation..and all i can say is...its a no brainer...you have to get it done and al hamdulilaah there are some very fast and painfree methods...dont forget our beloved prophet ibrahim ( abraham) got his circumcission when he was in his 80"s !!! as an old man..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As a sister all I can say is do not hold onto your fear. Trust me...circumcision is nothing compared to childbirth. So do the right thing and you will live a life of ease.

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam brother,

brother dont fear anyone/anything except allah. and brother its not much painfull as you may think, and there are soo many revert brothers who go through it, so why cant you? its got even medical benifits.do it for the sake of allah ! may allah make it easy for you brother ameen.

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
Brother I can't say it won't be painful coz as I remember I cried very much when I was a child,but that was with no anesthesia,
1/ ask from Allah alone to help you overcoming that test,...
2/ think of it like a test,and think about how will be your life easier with circumcision
3/2 years ago I've done a surgery,and it helped me a lot that my sister was standing beside me,( not during the surgery,but knowing that a person is waiting for you out increases your positive thoughts)... in your case not your sister Coz it'll be embarrassing ,but your best friend(man) will help you insha'Allah
4/MAy Allah almighty make it easier for you
Am'een
Selam alikom Bro

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

don't be afraid, if you are in the USA, I assure you, you won't feel a thing.

Other than being embarrassed by the doctor and nurse seeing your private part.

MalikBrother

You have to do it not only for the sake of your health condition benefit, and also, it's must especially for every Muslim born or revert. Many born Muslim have had circumcision in childhood, but the memory of the baby getting circumcision doesn't remain forever as much as the memory of adult getting circumcision may experience painful, and the memory of that will remain forever. It's not easy, and i am lucky to have had circumcision in my childhood, and to think of it is already scaring me. We may not be aware of what you will be going through. Nothing that our comments can justify by instructing you to approach circumcision, but you are Muslim, and always remember ALLAAH (SWT) in the times like this, and pray for support, the strength to bear the pain. You can do it. I know you can, and google for less painful method of circumcision. And get one week holiday to have your bottom part rest after the circumcision process is finished. Be strong, and remember ALLAAH only (ALLAAH ka naam lo, sab theek hojaayega, mera bhai)
May ALLAAH (SWT) helps you to bear the pain of getting circumcision, Ameen!

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahamthullah

akhee i think in india there are no-pain methods (or atleast less painful methods) available. so dont worry. i dont believe it is painful. but even it is, it is better to go through an instanteous (comparatively) pain rather to live with life long infection.

put the trust upon Allah. He will make it easy for you. Go for it insha Allah.

as aapa said, if you compare it with child birth, i am sure its nothing. may Allah make it easy for you.

wa salaam.

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum: My Islamic Br's.

I heartedly thank,all my Br's those with their posts elevated my courage,to go undoubtedly for circumcision for sake of Allah. I thank them all for their Dua'a. Ameen. And sister Aapa your words were truly encouraging.

By the here in India we (Muslims) call our elder sister as Aapa. I too have an Aapa,my most beloved sister,in Egypt. Your words remind me of her,the way She guided me before and during my initial days of reversion.

May Allah bless you all and my sister in Egypt.