Facebook

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was asked if using Facebook was haraam as it is run by a Jew. I suggested they contact Islam Q&A.

I do not use facebook...too much personal information on a public domain...just showing my age.

I am asking for your replies.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

I hope you are okay, by the grace of Allah azza wa jal

I dont use FB, coz many haram things happen there, as I dont want to be a part of Haram things, so I quited it.

I can't define it as Haram, but i think as a Muslim should keep themselves away from it!
it is my personal opinion, and many shaykhs have said the same.

I think FB is a trick of the kuffar, to make people busy, especially FB is very famous among Muslims, as we Muslims are strict about our religious matters, so they use it and gradually they get involved in haram things
while other people, who r not Muslims/ dont follow religion they are involved in adult chatting websites or dating, but as we Muslims are concern about these things and religious value, so this is trick of shaytan to involve us in such things, BUT gradually!

like if today I think, it is bad to date with opposite sex, what is the prob in chatting!
next day one may think, what is the prob in making net frnds?! then what is the prob in sharing pics.....and gradually things happen

I'm not saying that it cant be done normally in msngr system, but FB is a big portal!!

it is my opinion, that what I want to say!
may be it will not make any sense to someother, it is natural

Allah knows the best

wa alaikum salam

sachin4islam

Walikum Assalam Sis.

It is extreme orthodox thinking to label use of Facebook Haraam ,as its a Jewish project. Aren't we (Muslims) using many discoveries and inventions made by Jews. It's a hard to digest fact that Jews are pioneers in most of the 20th century discoveries and inventions.

Facebook as an application may be Haraam from Islamic perspective but saying it Haraam as its executive is Jew sounds not good atleast to me.

Allah knows best.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

There is a Islamqa on facebook too.

IMHO, If you use it in the right way I don't think its haraam to use it.

There might be alot of things apart from Facebook that are directly or indirectly associated with Jews that we use.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

From my experience... I have never had any accounts on FB.. dont know why, but I never had or have..

But Regarding my friends, who have accounts on FB.... well, let me categorize them onto 2..

1. These girls are sooooo busy with FB and do nothing other than playing some games over there..

2. They say its a good platform for Da'wah.. BUT NOW they are sadly fallen in love with unknown people and suffer...

I know that EVERY THING on this world has two pages, one is good and the other one is bad...
But when it comes to FB.. the good platform always leads the youth towards the bad track.. ITS A FACT..

To tell you the truth, few days back, a girl from the next city ran out from the house as she wanted to marry her boy friend !!!! the story starts from a page from FB !!! sadly BOTH ARE MUSLIMS...

It's a bitter truth, that most of the Muslim youth are clueless of Basic Islamic teachings.. so they easily fall into saitanic traps.. plus.. the youth who are aducated Islamically can NEVER be an exception from the same trap..

So we have to think twice before we do it..

Using FB is permitted or prohibited is a living argument among the scholars..

Yet I beleive that every one is blessed with a proper thinking power... so we have to think individually till we get a solid solution INSHA ALLAH...

ALLAH AZZAWAJAL knows the best

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
WELL I AM HERE AGAIN with an e mail which was confusing me till morning regarding FB...

I dont know to take a decision... BUT HAVE A LOOK PLZ..

Can't We Live Without Facebook - The Modern Media threat Islam

Please READ and forward to all Muslims!
No Tension please....
Facebook blocked in Pakistan over Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W.S) cartoon row

Already there are 8370 Photos in the contents Gallery.
Already there are 89,073 people Joined in the contents.
Contest.JPG

FACEBOOK SAY WE WON'T REMOVE THE CONTEST

WHY WE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT FACEBOOK?

The court in Lahore ordered Facebook to be blocked until May 31st after the date of the contest, when a longer hearing is expected.

Lawyers for the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority had argued that only the offending page be removed, but Justice Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry ordered the whole social networking site to be barred on Wednesday.

One Sister has deactivated her account and when asked for the reason she typed the following to facebook:

"You cannot be serious. I could not believe it by have seen it with my own eyes. Does a human being have to draw a man with a beard and a turban having sex with a PIG in order to prove that he is FREE to speak!! And Facebook saying there is nothing wrong with that? How can you allow the "Everybody draw Muahmmad Day" page? If we drew images of the same cartoonists or any world leader or you or anyone else having sex with a PIG, we would create war on earth. Hence Facebook is directly promoting war and hatred in the name of FREEDOM of speech. Insulting is not freedom. Muslims have never ever drawn cartoons about any other religions sacred objects or persons etc. So to express freedom, would you condone the killing of people, and say, "We have to kill to prove our FREEDOM!". A man who insulted George Bush by making his shoes fly past his shoulder was jailed for 14 months and fined!!
Freedom has LIMITS and you do not respect those limits so you are a true warmonger! Why are you allowing this and promoting it when it is against Muslims only? Goodbye forever!"

It is heartwarming to see the numbers of Muslims across the globe deactivating their accounts.

Do you remember the time when muslims started to boycott danish products? it was a major setback for Danish economy.

3 Questions for you....
1. PLEASE THINK ABOUT YOUR STEP ?
2. IF YOU ARE LOVE MUHAMMED ?
3. WHAT YOU SHOUL DO.... AT LEAST ?

I HAVE TAKEN ...... IT ALREADY....................................................................................................................................

FORWARD THIS MAIL AS MUCH AS YOU CAN......

Note : Conditions Applied : IF YOU LOVE YOUR PROPHET

Please READ and forward to all Muslims!​

ALLAH AZZAWAJAL KNOWS THE BEST....

islamdonlyway

Walikum Assalam Sis.

It is extreme orthodox thinking to label use of Facebook Haraam ,as its a Jewish project. Aren't we (Muslims) using many discoveries and inventions made by Jews. It's a hard to digest fact that Jews are pioneers in most of the 20th century discoveries and inventions.

Facebook as an application may be Haraam from Islamic perspective but saying it Haraam as its executive is Jew sounds not good atleast to me.

Allah knows best.

agree there, we use many jewich inventions, so not a strong point. and yes FACEBOOK is mostly used for bad purposes, but there are good purposes, like makeing a page for 'islam' wich my little sister did with other few sisters (may allah reward them) and from it there were intrests and dialogues with non muslims regarding islam !!!

Ibn Uthaymin

Nothing wrong with using Facebook. its just another tool which you can use to disseminate Islamic knowledge or stalk people.

Just because the founder is Jewish doesn't make it haraam. That`s just anti-semetic.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Assalam alaikum.

I find it useful to mainly keep in contact with a lot of people in my life, when I need to. School friends. Uni friends. Colleagues. Family that are overseas. Muslims. I've made a "list" on facebook, with each group of people in a different list with different privacy settings. It's like email, but a bit more public. Still, one can usually limit how public their profile is and what they share on it.

BegumRehana

Walaykumasalam..From my opinion, facebook depends on someones intention..Some people make it haraam by the way they use it..whereas some people try there best to make it halaal. Facebook contains islamic pages and many good information where me, myself learn many good things..It can also be a place where you can provide dawah for the non muslims. So i think it all depends on the intention you have of using facebook, and you have to be a person who know that you can avoid the haraam stuffs.. :) Allah knows best!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have a fb account and still have no clue how I have one...dementia must be setting in.

Thank you for your replies. I pray the person who asked me has read your responses and can make a decision.

arzafar

islamqa uses facebook too.
there is evil on facebook as there is evil on the internet and in the real world. however, i joined fbk to keep in touch with friends and that's it really.

Parvaiz

:salam2:
If you use it in right way its good if you use it in evil way its bad ,it all depends on the nature of the person.Even though sometime i feel its completely evil as people wont stop mocking Muslims in their groups youtube is no difference.

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
salam alaikum

I hope you are okay, by the grace of Allah azza wa jal

I dont use FB, coz many haram things happen there, as I dont want to be a part of Haram things, so I quited it.

I can't define it as Haram, but i think as a Muslim should keep themselves away from it!
it is my personal opinion, and many shaykhs have said the same.

I think FB is a trick of the kuffar, to make people busy, especially FB is very famous among Muslims, as we Muslims are strict about our religious matters, so they use it and gradually they get involved in haram things
while other people, who r not Muslims/ dont follow religion they are involved in adult chatting websites or dating, but as we Muslims are concern about these things and religious value, so this is trick of shaytan to involve us in such things, BUT gradually!

like if today I think, it is bad to date with opposite sex, what is the prob in chatting!
next day one may think, what is the prob in making net frnds?! then what is the prob in sharing pics.....and gradually things happen

I'm not saying that it cant be done normally in msngr system, but FB is a big portal!!

it is my opinion, that what I want to say!
may be it will not make any sense to someother, it is natural

Allah knows the best

wa alaikum salam

100% agree

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
How people are mostly using it these days is pretty unIslamic in my opinion. Girls are posting their pictures all over FB - muslim girls! There is so much picture sharing and commenting going on, its insane.

I'm one of those very very very few people (out of all my friends) who has not posted a single personal picture - while all my muslim friends have albums and albums. I also don't share any detail of my life on there, like I see others doing... In my opinion, FB is pretty bad for a muslim.

xAllahKnowsBestx

I think Facebook is okay. It depends on how you use it though. If you're going to use it for all the wrong reasons [dating, posting pictures etc..] it's obviously unIslamic. But I use Facebook because I have to keep in touch with my family and friends. It's really useful. At same time, you could easily get distracted and you have to be really careful. It's exactly like the internet.

Oh and, that's why you've got all the privacy settings! Keeping 'em stalkers away. :D

Ahsen

Why do some people take everything from the west as conspiracy against muslims.Even if something is haram we should stop making conspiracy theories like"tv was invented to misguide muslims". "Facebook is invented to misguide muslims".I know many things have been done by the west to weaken islam but let's not get ultra paranoid.

Also i would like to add that if we think like this then everything will become haram.Yahoo,msn,Gtalk etc.

We need to growup.Instead of avoiding stuff we need to make such rules and conditions that do not violate islamic rules.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
How people are mostly using it these days is pretty unIslamic in my opinion. Girls are posting their pictures all over FB - muslim girls! There is so much picture sharing and commenting going on, its insane.

I'm one of those very very very few people (out of all my friends) who has not posted a single personal picture - while all my muslim friends have albums and albums. I also don't share any detail of my life on there, like I see others doing... In my opinion, FB is pretty bad for a muslim.

salam alaikum everyone

I used to think that and used to maintain like this! I agree with your clear-cut reply.
but later I thought, I'll not be a part of a haram thing, thats it!
so that, I can make myself free from a Haram portal, and it is personally my opinion and thinking.

if I dont use, as I'm elder one in my family, my junior wont gonna use it
though they havent quit using it, but I hope insha Allah one day they will!

may be I'm honest and doing nothing, but it is true that being an elder model if you use it such a way, may be your followers will use it in a haram way, and if he uses, can I say him/her to stop it!?

that what I think, i dont know it makes any sense or not
Allah knows the best

wa alaikum salam

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Salam.

Facebook is just like a knife. You can use it for Halal, cut an apple or you can use it for haram, hurt someone intentionally. It's not whether something like this is Halal or Haram, but rather is it used for haram or Halal.

thts that.

Salam