~Prophet muhammad (p.b.u.h.) with children and his jokes~

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

This story is extracted from the book "Enjoy Your Life" by Dr. Muhammad Al-'Arifi. I hope you can benefit from this story of our beloved prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم

-----------------------------------

You can sometimes notice the different ways in which people deal with children. When a person enters a public gathering with his son, he shake everyone's hands one by one, while his son follows suit. Among the people are those who would completely ignore the child, others would barely shake his hand, and others would warmly shake hid and saying, "Welcome, young man! How are you today?" It is the love of that person that will be engraved in the heart of the chold, as well as in the hearts of his parents.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would display the best form of treatment with children. Anas bin Malik - may Allah be pleased with him - had a younger brother; and the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) would play with him and nickname him Abu 'Umayr. The child had a small bird that he played with. Whenever the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) would meet him, he would joke with him saying, "O Abu 'Umayr, what happened to al-Nughayr?" meaning, the bird.

He would be kind and playful with children. Whenever he would meet Zaynab bint Umm Salamah, he would playfully say to her, "O Zuwaynib! O Zuwaynib!" Whenever he passed by children playing, he would greet them. Whenever he visited the Ansaar, he would greet their children and place his hand on their heads out of compassion. Upon the return of the Muslim army from Mu'tah, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) along with the rest of the Muslims and their children met them on their way back to Madinah. When the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) saw the children he said, "Take the children and carry them, and please pass me Ibn Ja'far." They passed 'Abdullah Ibn Ja'far on to him and he held him in his arms.

One day as the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) was performing ablution, there came to him Muhammad bin al-Rabi' who was only five years old. The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) took some water in his mouth and jokingly blew it out in his face. (al-Bukhari)

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) was lively and merry with everyone. He would always try to make people happy. He would always be easygoing with everyone so that people would not become bored in his company.

A man came to the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) wanting a camel to ride on for a journey or expedition. The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said to him jokingly, "I will give you an offspring of a camel." The man became surprised and thought of how he could possibly ride a camel's offspring that could not carry his weight. He said, "O Messenger of Allah! What would I do with a camel's offspring?" The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said, "Does a camel give birth to anything but an offspring?" Meaning; I will give you a grown camel, however, no doubt, it is still another camel's offspring!

Once he jokingly said to Anas, "O you, the possessor of two ears!"

A woman once came to the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) complaining about her husband, so he said to her, "Is your husband the one whose eyes are white?" The woman became worried and thought that her husband had become blind, in light of what Allah said about Jacob, "His eyes whitened from grieving so much..." meaning, he became blind. She went back to her husband terrified and began to look into his eyes carefully. He asked her what the problem was. She said, "The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said that there is whiteness in your eyes!" The man said, "O woman! Did he not tell you that the whiteness in my eyes is more than the blackness?" meaning; everyone has whiteness and blackness in his eyes.

The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) would react positively to whoever joked or bantered with him and he would smile. One 'Umar bin al-Khattab came to the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) who was at that time angry with his wives, due to their demanding of more allowance. 'Umar - may Allah be pleased with him - said, "O Messenger of Allah! If you recall us when we were men of Quraysh, we always controlled our women. If any of our women were to ask for more allowance, we would have jumped up and grabbed her neck! But when we came to Madinah we found the women controlling their men, so our women began to learn these tricks from their women!" Thereupon the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) smiled. 'Umar continued to speak and the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) continued to smile.

We read in various Ahadith that often the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) would smile till his molar teeth would show. He was indeed an extremely kind and friendly companion. If we were to tran ourselves to embrace such skills, we would surely taste the sweetness of life.

.:: A Thought ::.

A child is like soft clay that we shape according to our treatment of it

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSOSOSOOSOSOSOSOOSOSOSOOSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Best man who stepped this Earth

May Allah bless him with peace and comfort!!!! I PRAY THAT WE ALL SEE HIM IN JANNAH INSHA'ALLAH. Ameeen

Muhammad Mustafa s.a.w <33

suhayb08

2moro mite neva be..
JazakAllah for sharing this. I just searched for this book and found it. InshaAllah I will benefit from this book.

:)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Mashallah, soooo beautiful. It is one proof more that Allah ResulAllah sallahu alayha wa saalam was the best of all man kind, the most loving husband, the most gentle father,soft hearted toward children and the best Servant of Allah.

This post made me smile mashallah. :hijabi:. I love my Prophet sallahu alayha wa saaalam.May Allah subhan wa teala give him high place on this world and in Jannah,and make us his honoured Ummah. ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

Perseveranze

The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) would react positively to whoever joked or bantered with him and he would smile. One 'Umar bin al-Khattab came to the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) who was at that time angry with his wives, due to their demanding of more allowance. 'Umar - may Allah be pleased with him - said, "O Messenger of Allah! If you recall us when we were men of Quraysh, we always controlled our women. If any of our women were to ask for more allowance, we would have jumped up and grabbed her neck! But when we came to Madinah we found the women controlling their men, so our women began to learn these tricks from their women!" Thereupon the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) smiled. 'Umar continued to speak and the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) continued to smile.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

This made me laugh for some reason lol.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Jazaaki Allaahu Khayran, sister. Indeed, the Prophet (PBUH) was merry with all people, had a sense of humor and was particularly kind to children.

I also recall reading that he used to put Usaama ibn Zayd on his right thigh, and Abdullah ibn Abbaas on his left thigh and then pedal his two legs such that the two boys go up and down in a cycle like a teeter-totter!

The Prophet (PBUH) was kind even to the children of the polytheists! One day he was being playful with them and a couple of Sahaaba were passing by and were astonished. They said to him, "O Messenger of God! These are the children of polytheists!" He replied, "And who are you?"

loved it. jazak Allahu khyir..

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Asalaamu Alaikum,

This made me laugh for some reason lol.

What's even funnier is the incident that took place in the time of Umar radiallahu anhu's caliphate. In the abovementioned incident, Umar radiallahu anhu was surprised at the liberal behavior of the Muslim women in Mecca. However, during this specific incident, a man went to Umar radiallahu anhu to complain of his own wife's bold behavior with him. However, on his way to the caliph's house, he heard Umar radiallahu anhu's own wife yelling! According to the narration, I believe he turned back (this isn't verbatim as I don't have the narration on me) but Umar radiallahu anhu spotted him. When asked why he was leaving, the man replied that he came to talk to the caliph about a problem in his household regarding his wife "ruling over him" but then realized that the caliph himself was facing the same! It just shows how much the Sahaba learned from RasulAllah :saw: during his lifetime and how much of those lessons they implemented during their own lifetimes.

May Allah Subhanu wa Ta'ala bless all of them with Al-Firdaus.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
I have find today this narration,and I thought to share with brothers and sisters here.

Osama ibn Zayd, RadiAllahu anhu, said:-The Prophet, sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, has put me on one side, and Hassan ibn Ali to the other side of his arms, then he huged us both, saying, Oh my Allah ! Be merciful to them! I am indeed merciful to them" ( Bukhari)

May Allah make us real folowers of our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam, and make us mercyfull like he was.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

Hmmmm :)

Feeling so sweet and cool when I read... and feeling like reading more and more...

JAZAKALLAHU KAHIR for sharing...

Absolute truth

لا إله إلا الله
Assalam alaikum
How Prophet Muhammad Reprimanded Children

Is it not considered ‘normal’ in most societal circles today for adults to address minor children in such a tone, and with derogatory words? Parents, teachers, and other caregivers can lose their patience with the naughty mischiefs of children very quickly, especially if these children are extremely intelligent, curious, energetic, bold, self-confident and spirited.

Children are a big blessing of God. Having children and raising them righteously lays the foundation of a stable extended family structure.
Whilst most of us are well-aware of and regularly exhort the great rights of parents in Islam, we tend to overlook the fact that little children are also bornwith certain Islamic rights that we have to fulfill as an obligation. Even the unseen, unheard fetus in the womb has rights, which can delay the distribution of inheritance, as well as affect the rulings regarding divorce in Islam.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) handled many situations involving the antics and natural tendencies of infants and minor children with exemplary patience and good-naturedness.
As God has commanded us in the Quran to emulate Prophet Muhammad as a ticket to earning His ultimate pleasure with us in the Hereafter, we should see how the Prophet corrected or reprimanded small children whenever they did something that could, in the modern world, severely test the patience and tolerance of most stressed-out, quick-to-snap adults.
Tolerance for Infant Messes
Babies under the age of one are cuddly, chubby and adorable; bundles of joy that everyone loves to hold, kiss, hug, coo over and carry around.
That is, until they do something smelly and leaky in their diaper.
As soon as that happens, the hitherto adoring adult (especially a male one) who is holding them, immediately scrunches up their nose in disgust and hands them over to the mother or nanny for cleanup.
However, this was not what the Prophet did in such a situation. He would often take infants in his lap, even though in that era there were no leak-proof diapers!
Narrated Aisha:
“A boy was brought to the Prophet to do tahnik for him, but the boy urinated on him, whereupon the Prophet had water poured on the place of urine.” (Al-Bukhari)
Prophet Muhammad refrained from expressing disgust or immediately denying a newborn baby his lap even when the baby urinated on his clothes! This indicates his exemplarily high level of tolerance for babies’ natural phases, as it is normal for newborns to urinate often.
The lesson for us in this habit of Prophet Muhammad is to not get irritated at the natural, physical messes that babies tend to make (such as nose emissions, excreta, or regurgitated milk), even if the mess gets on our clothes. We should also help clean up the mess without considering it beneath our social dignity to do so.
Tolerating Natural Toddler Antics
Babies grow older to become active and energetic toddlers (known nowadays as ‘preschoolers’), who love climbing on to the laps and backs of adults and playing “rough house”.
It is well known that the Prophet not just allowed children in this age-range inside his masjid during obligatory congregational prayers, but also patiently tolerated their antics during prayers, even if these antics caused noise or disturbance.
Reported by Abdullah ibn Shaddad from his father:
“The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) came out to lead us in either maghrib or ‘isha’ one night, and he was carrying Hassan or Husain. The Messenger of Allah came forward and put (the child) down, then he said takbir and started to pray. During the prayer, he prostrated and made his prostration long.
My father said: “I raised my head and I saw the child on the back of the Messenger of Allah whilst he was prostrating, so I returned to my prostration.”
When the Messenger of Allah finished praying, the people said:
“O Messenger of Allah, during your prayer you prostrated for so long that we thought something had happened or that you were receiving Revelation.”
He said:
Nothing at all happened, but my son was riding on my back and I did not want to disturb him until he had had enough. (An-Nisa’i)
This hadith is another great example of how tolerant the Prophet was regarding children’s naughtiness. Imagine a small child in the age-range 2-4 (who can be carried easily) climbing on to the back of a masjid’s imam during prostration nowadays. What do you think his reaction would be?
Yet, Prophet Muhammad lengthened his prostration justto let the child continue his enjoyment and innocent play, hereby causing some concern and undoubtedly a bit of chagrin to the worshippers praying behind him in the congregation.
Using His Hands Gently to Reprimand
Children love physical displays of affection, and like being touched in a positive manner. Instead of subjecting them to long monologues and lectures to correct their mistakes, physically removing them from harm is more effective.
Narrated Abu Hurairah:
“Dates used to be brought to Allah’s Messenger immediately after being plucked. Different persons would bring their dates till a big heap collected (in front of the Prophet). Once Al-Hassan and Al-Husain were playing with these dates, one of them took a date and put it in his mouth. Allah’s Messenger looked at him and took it out from his mouth and said: “Don’t you know that Muhammad’s offspring do not eat what is given in charity?” (Al-Bukhari)
The Prophet taking the date out of his grandson’s mouth himself whilst giving him a short explanation of the reason, deployed the most effective strategy of quickly resolving the situation. Which small child would willingly spit a tasty, sweet date out from their mouth themselves?
Most parents today, however, keep shouting at a small child to not touch an object or to stay away from a dangerous area, all the while being ignored by the child. They then snap and give the child a harsh scolding in front of everyone for not listening to them.
The lesson from this hadith about the correct thing to do in such a situation is for an adult to get up quickly and physically remove the small child from harm, warning them about the reason in brief words.
The hadith below also corroborates this strategy:
Anas said:
“Allah’s messenger was one of the best of men in character. One day, he sent me to do something, and I said: “I swear by Allah that I will not go”. But in my heart I felt that I should go to do what the Prophet of Allah had commanded me. So I went out and came upon some boys who were playing in the street. All of a sudden Allah’s Messenger, who had come up behind, caught me by the back of the neck, and when I looked at him, he was laughing. He said: “Go where I ordered you, little Anas”. I replied: “Yes, I am going, messenger of Allah!” (Abu Dawud)
Prophet Muhammad used a combination of physical touch and gentle reprimanding words to make little Anas realize his forgetfulness. The Prophet knew that it is natural for a little boy to get distracted from an errand by other children’s street games.
This hadith also indicates that when a child passes the toddler stage, it is permissible to train them to do light, easy tasks for adults, but to remember that it is normal for him or her to resist immediate obedience and to get distracted by other children’s play.
Explaining Concisely for Correction
the Prophet would gently and concisely correct them and explain…
When a child becomes older i.e. beyond the age of 6-7, he or she reaches the age of mentally understanding what is right and what is wrong. When he encountered such a child doing something the wrong way, the Prophet would gently and concisely correct them and explain to them how to do it right, without scolding harshly or making them feel humiliated in front of others.
Umar ibn Abu Salamah reported:
“I was a boy under the care of the Messenger of Allah, and as my hand used to wander around in the dish, he said to me once:
“Mention Allah’s Name (i.e., say Bismillah), eat with your right hand, and eat from what is in front of you.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
Little children have short attention spans, high energy levels, and an extremely curious nature due to which they want to explore everything in the world, most of which is still very new to them. However, we can misinterpret their natural actions and reactions to situations in a negative manner, unless we proactively practice patience with their behavior without belittling, rebuking or reprimanding them harshly and unjustly.
Because little children are a sacred trust from God, we should remind ourselves not to be harsh with them. God is not even writing their “sins” yet, even if they deliberately break a precious piece of crockery, or touch anything in our cupboards or drawers that we have kept strictly off limits.
As parents, if we lose patience with our children and treat them wrong, we should immediately and sincerely repent for it before Allah. Parents who do not regret nor repent for the wrongs they committed towards their children when the latter were young, weak and dependent upon them, end up being faced with resentful and aloof offspring in their old age, because their little ones grew up with disturbing childhood memories that morphed into a deep grudge over the years.
By regularly reading and studying the Prophet’s loving and mild behavior with children, we can prevent ourselves from treating children in a manner that could displease God and detriment our relationship with them in the long term.
http://www.onislam.net/english/read...ow-prophet-muhammad-reprimanded-children.html