Is the earning halal?

Searching_soul

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmathullahi WaBarakaathuhu.

I hope everyone is fine and doing well by the Grace of Allah.

I am in a predicament and I need some advise from the bros/sis here.

I have been working in a company for just more than an year. I have got a 20% scholarship to pursue my Masters in a university abroad for February 2011 intake and i have given the resignation letter to the company stating the reason that I would be leaving to study abroad. Because of Financial difficulties to fund the studies (i.e. I have to pay for 80% of the tuition fees and living expenses), i have deffered my scholarship application to the next September intake. Since I have already handed over the resignation letter to my boss, I don't like to withdraw the resignation because it would be a little embarrassing. But my boss and the company would be thinking that I am going abroad for higher studies in Feb, when infact I won't be. So is this a sort of lying? And they will be paying my salary for the Jan 2011. Will this earning be halal or haram? If its haram, I would like to give it the entire amount to charity. Is this allowed?

Your advise/help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Walaikum salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Life is filled with changes. Just tell your supervisor the truth. It is that simple

suhayb08

2moro mite neva be..
As said above.. just tell them the truth.. and its not like you've done anything wrong. Just explain the matter to them and Im sure inshallah they will understand (you've been with them for over a year).

JazakAllah.