what time is magrib in your country? in Australia 8:10pm i had to break my fast today

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam to all.

there was a thread about fasting mondays and thursdays.

i wanted to read this thread but i was busy. so when i became free, i was not able to find it for some reason. i really wanted to see our rewards for fasting these 2 days of the week and i wanted to learn more about them.

anyway, today is thursday, im from australia, sydney. I wanted to fast today for Allah. it is very hard because magrib is 8:10pm at night.

well, i managed, i was weak throughout the day and felt sorry for my kids i was not able to play with them. inshallah i will make it up tomorrow.

not complaining alhumdulilah, honestly, i enjoyed every hour of my fasting. it was an honour to fast today. i loved it and looking forward to doing it again inshallah.

my question is, what time is magrib in your country?

Australia, sydney is 8:10pm.

if someone knows the thread im talking about that was posted a week or so ago regarding fasting monday and thursday, please give me the link.

Men of Allah

Ya Allah,Ya Rahim.
Maghrib in US Eastern time is 5:07 PM .something in Michigan, but you can check the time for your specific City on islamicfinder.net

1stladi

new to islam
salam to all.

there was a thread about fasting mondays and thursdays.

i wanted to read this thread but i was busy. so when i became free, i was not able to find it for some reason. i really wanted to see our rewards for fasting these 2 days of the week and i wanted to learn more about them.

anyway, today is thursday, im from australia, sydney. I wanted to fast today for Allah. it is very hard because magrib is 8:10pm at night.

well, i managed, i was weak throughout the day and felt sorry for my kids i was not able to play with them. inshallah i will make it up tomorrow.

not complaining alhumdulilah, honestly, i enjoyed every hour of my fasting. it was an honour to fast today. i loved it and looking forward to doing it again inshallah.

my question is, what time is magrib in your country?

Australia, sydney is 8:10pm.

if someone knows the thread im talking about that was posted a week or so ago regarding fasting monday and thursday, please give me the link.

salaam alaikum
inshallah all goes well with your fasting magrib in the u.s.a wilmington delaware to be specific is around 5:00p.m but you can check on islamicfinder.net as mentioned earlier

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
salaam alaikum
inshallah all goes well with your fasting magrib in the u.s.a wilmington delaware to be specific is around 5:00p.m but you can check on islamicfinder.net as mentioned earlier
Esselamu alejkum

Salatul-magrib in Kosova is 4:32pm.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum warahmatu-llah

maghrib at 3:40pm,
fajr starts at 6:40am, shurooq: 9:29am

I guess you can understand, I'm now living in a Nordic country.
in summer it is full changed, then we got to fast for 19 hours or more, but now in winter it is very easy to fast, just couple of hours

but it is not that hard to fast even for 19 hours, coz the weather is cool, no humidity, you'll not even feel trusty, hunger is so far...na, Allah doesn't burden His slaves, alhamdu li Allah, Allah is so Just. subhan Allah

JazakAllah khair
wa alaikum salam warahamtu-llah

nizar83

aselemu aleikum

uk, london 4:24 maghrib today very easy to keep fasts lol!

magrheb is at 16.54 over here in the south of the netherlands..
fadjr at 06.36 and sunrise at 08.35

its true in some parts of the world its much more difficult to fast, however, ALLAH is ar raqeeb, the watcher, nothing happens without ALLAH te watcher being aware of it...so insha allah u will benefit from ur investment.

DanyalSAC

Here in California on the US' west coast Maghrib is at 1706 (5:06 pm). However during the summer it gets quite late, after 2000 (8 pm).

At the moment Fajr is at 0606 (adhan, iqama at 0630). During June and July it gets very early, around 0345 for the adhan, with Isha falling at about 2230 at night. That leaves for very little sleep!

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam alaikum warahmatu-llah

maghrib at 3:40pm,
fajr starts at 6:40am, shurooq: 9:29am

I guess you can understand, I'm now living in a Nordic country.
in summer it is full changed, then we got to fast for 19 hours or more, but now in winter it is very easy to fast, just couple of hours

but it is not that hard to fast even for 19 hours, coz the weather is cool, no humidity, you'll not even feel trusty, hunger is so far...na, Allah doesn't burden His slaves, alhamdu li Allah, Allah is so Just. subhan Allah

JazakAllah khair
wa alaikum salam warahamtu-llah

19 hours..... subhan allah, i had no idea that some countries may fast upto 19 hours. no idea at all. mashallah subhan allah.

here in australia, when ramadan comes, so many so many people subhan allah complain and yet we usually break our fast by 6.30pm or something. i've heard from so many young people, 'oh i got kidny problems and i have drink a specific amount of litrs of water a day so i cant fast' this is true, but they do not drink the amount required. i know these people, they hate water and doctor only prescribed water for them eg: 7ltrs a day, they drink probably 2ltrs and they tell you this.

is this right to do? i dont want to judge or anything, no, but i just wish people can not feel happy about these results. they should feel bad and ask Allah for cure so they can fast. these are really close people to me. so i know them pretty well im not judging.

they even tease us, those who fast by saying they have a reason not to and we dont. we say alhumdulilah Allah gave us health to fast.

But they have no feelings at all.

--------------

well, thank you everyone for replies. i didnt know it was soooooooo different around the world. like fasting times. i thought its not different too much in the hours required to fast. but some a few hours some more. subhan allah.

------------------

Ahsen

I have heard there are places where there is no sunset or sunrise.I don't know which one.It's some cold area in the north pole.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
I have heard there are places where there is no sunset or sunrise.I don't know which one.It's some cold area in the north pole.

im sure its called Arctic.

here is some interesting information i found.

The center of the Sun crossed the Equator moving south on September 22 (the Autumn Equinox), and viewed from the North Pole, one half of it was below the horizon. The top half was still peeking above the horizon and it still provided continuous sunlight.

On September 24 at the North Pole, the Sun fully sets as its trailing edge disappears below the horizon. The Pole enters a period of twilight, and there will be no more sunlight for another 176 days!

Twilight is light from the sky when the Sun is just below the horizon - think of twilight as having enough light to not have to turn your lights on - such as we see just before the Sun comes up in the morning and just after it sets in the evening.

However, directly at the Pole, this period of twilight lasts for about 12 days - until the Sun has moved so far south that darkness fully sets in.

source:
http://www.athropolis.com/arctic-facts/fact-sunset.htm

so seriously, how do these people pray and fast? is there muslim people living in the north Pole, Arctic? now im really curious. are there mosques in the north pole too?.

what about in sweden? isnt there like a midnight sun over there. always light? how do people pray and fast? and fajr too.

subhan allah, subhan allah.