Stop calling me sister

asalaf salih

:salam2:
would you please stop calling me sister cos i' m not. I' m a muslim brother, not a sis!!!
Barak Allahu fikum

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I have the same problem, people call me brother, lol :D
I decided to put sister under my username.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

It's really easy to implement, not sure why they don't do it (forum admins)... But on your topic view profile, you can have a gender selection to avoid this confusion.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

almost all the time, i do the mistake
it is like when we are giving suggestion or solution, by nature as I talk with brothers in real, soI usually use, look bro or look brother, so when I'm here to reply i usually say this..."look brother" and most of the time I dont call with gender, try to avoid it, but at the middle of the post, i do this mess

after a lot knocking, now it has gone a bit....

my name is saifkhan, but still one sister called me "respected sister" later she said, she missread my name something safiya or something!!

JazakAllah khair
wassalam

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Although sister alf2, you have a pink rose and people still called you brother? Lol.

Wasalaam, and yes, lol, still happens from time to time :hijabi:
The name Alf is male..so i think that throws them off xD

Valerie

Wasalaam, and yes, lol, still happens from time to time :hijabi:
The name Alf is male..so i think that throws them off xD

I hate to admit this, but everytime I see your name, I think of the alien from tv in the 80s.. Not that I think you're an alien. (really) hehe

justoneofmillion

I hate to admit this, but everytime I see your name, I think of the alien from tv in the 80s.. Not that I think you're an alien. (really) hehe
:salam2:hehe me too!:biggrin:No offence meant dear sister Alf2,I have grown up with the stuff along with Dragonball lol.

asalaf salih

Hehheh!!

Think you for supporting me i' m feeling like a man again. Yes it' sounah in islam to give yourself a nick name" kunya". Like abu for men or umu for women. Father of mother of. Or ibn, bint+ a moslim name showing your identity as a muslim.
But we all like being mysterious. But we forget that the real mystery is in our real muslim names. Gabriel sounds deferent than Fred!!???
Alf means thousand in Arabic, but a thousand of what you should complete it..

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Lol Brother,

take it easy, I too face the same problem every now and then...but I don't feel bad..Just smile and forget :)

nizar83

aselemu aleikum, im sure all of you are making these comments with honest nieya...but do we really have to know what sex we are?

dont make this a male female forum, im sure that will ruin the quality of this forum as it has ruined plenty of other forums...simply because shaytaan is and will be our enemy untill yaum a deen..

so for all the brothers, who cares if they approach u as sister, and for the sisters, so what if they mistake u for a brother...if any..THIS is a positive thing...

at least we are talking to eachother as an islamic ummah instead of, boys and girls which could bring a lot of bad along with it

samiha

---------
Staff member

Well game spoiled now I suppose! Genders are officially next to posts for each person so the confusion should be cut away, and mistakes only by the entirely negligent. =)

Hope that works for most of you, even though mistakes can still happen!

wasalaamu 'alaykum