career Advice Plzzz

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

As i am on the verge on the getting a minor in Nuclear Engineering I have been thinking constantly in this winter break to Not pursue a career in it.

There are many reason that have been on my mind, like,
I want freedom. If i get a job in this field then there will be too many restrictions etc. I will be under observance 24/7. If i need to travel regardless of how small it may be i need permission from the concerned authority etc.

I mean although there is great deal of money in it but then you are restricted from your freedom.

However the other side of the story is that i just need to take 1 more Nuclear Engineering class. I have successfully completed all the other required N.E classes, so why not finish this class.

So i am kind of puzzled on what to do. Should i just complete the remaining course, just get a degree a not to pursue a career in it. If so then i should increase my focus on my Major (Mechanical Engineering) and try to build a future in it.
OR
should i try to go into this N.E field.

Any sincere advice would be appreciated.

Wassalam

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam,

wel i think if its haveing a effect on your deen then you should consider another career, islam comes before anything else. and dont worry about the money, inshallah if you dont persue this career for the sake of allah then allah will inshallah give a better job.

and its best you do your final class and get the degree. and through experiance and knowing people i would advise you to persue a career in Mechanical Engineering, its got a good future, with plenty of jobs, and seems exiteing....

may allah make you pick the right choice..ameen

Ahsen

Finish your course then think about the job.It's not like they are frocing you to take the job.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Son...finish the degree.

Only you can set parameters on your life. Why limit where you will work or who or will employ you.

Make dua and relax...good football games to watch.

OoOWandererOoO

[not just advice for you but for everyone]

Simple.

Will it make you disobey Allaah and His Messenger in anyway or transgress against His laws in anyway or get involved with things Allaah prohibited???

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let me ask you this what is wrong with nuclear engineering? When the science is used to help us there is nothing wrong. Just do not work for defense contractors. Work for the medical field.