What exacly is taṣawwuf or Sufism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Turaab said: “Woe to you, you are proud because of Allaah, the Mighty and
Majestic, if you had seen Aboo Yazeed a single time it would have been better
for you than seeing Allaah seventy times. [Abridged from Ihyaa ‘Uloomid-Deen of
al-Ghazzaalee (4/356)]. Al-Ghazaalee added: The like of these revelations should
not be denied by the Believer.

this is hardcore sufiism right here.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

All I am saying is we have better use of our time than to attack Muslims.
Many of you are so busy worried about what some of the scholars are writing..do you take the time to get to their sources.

Why wrap the scholars around your heart; why not open your heart to compassion and love.
How can you be a solider of Allah; do you wait for the scholar to tell you?
Where is the accountability of personal faith.

One can not live life by the rules of a scholar. You might as well be an automaton. You become judgmental.

For many if Islam Q&A shut down for a minute could you pray? Faith is alive and lived and tested.

Your responses reek of exclusivity. That is not a position that is Islamic. You shut everyone out. Where in Islam are we told to hold a position of superiority.

What is very disconcerting is the lack of individual thought.

Do you really believe that one can please Allah by discounting His Creation. It is His Will that has all the varieties of life. Are we not to meet His Creation and Love that which He Created.

There is no room for spiritual growth.

What happened to acceptance. By rejecting others you limit the scope of life. That leads to no understanding of life and all its glory.

Careful. Be careful. Think for yourselves.

Many scholars have an agenda. Have you spoken to these scholars about their agenda. How many of these scholars are funded by the petrodollar. Think brothers and sisters.

likeali4life

SUFIS ARE NOTHING BUT "MUSHRIKS"

IF ANYONE ASK FOR HELP (DEAD) OTHER THAN ALLAH COMMITS SHIRK.. THOSE WHO COMMIT SHIRK IS CALLED AS MUSHRIKS...

PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK!..... THATS A TOTAL EXAGGERATION. Sufis do not ask the dead for help!! i have some sufi friends and they do not worship GRAVES or ask the dead for help.....Its an Exaggeration

Its really annoying when people accuse other muslims but yet have no knowledge of what they talking about. I am not aiming this at anyone i am just generally speaking. Let Allah be the judge of whose muslim or not.

Sufism is about cleansing the heart and controlling the nafs so the body inclines towards the love of Allah.

If you find someone who claims to be a sufi adhering to the rules of Quraan and hadith and is trying to purify himself, you have met a true sufi

nizar83

aselemu aleikum, this here is a very big issue...its actually 2 issues..

the 1st being, suffism or any other innovation that clearly is not from the sunnah, we all know, kolla bid3atan dalala, wa kolla dalalatin fi naar...every innovation is a wrongdoing, and every wrongdoing will lead to the hell fire may allah protect us all from it..

the 2nd thing is, loving a sheikh so much, that you are willing to take the risk of being wrong, simply because you love him that much...
i think this is a huge problem, for ecample, me myself i love sheikh hamza yusuf very very much, ALLAH ta3ala has given him a great deal of knowledge, but, my example is MOHAMMED salalahu wa 3alayhi weselem, if some other brother or sister more knowledgable then me, explains to me with proof that certain things this sheikh does, are not from the quraan and sunnah..then i will stay away from it..without a doubt!

the above explanations from sheikh al islam ibn taymiyah may allah be pleased with him, prove without a doubt that we should stay away from this

az101

aselemu aleikum, this here is a very big issue...its actually 2 issues..

the 1st being, suffism or any other innovation that clearly is not from the sunnah, we all know, kolla bid3atan dalala, wa kolla dalalatin fi naar...every innovation is a wrongdoing, and every wrongdoing will lead to the hell fire may allah protect us all from it..

the 2nd thing is, loving a sheikh so much, that you are willing to take the risk of being wrong, simply because you love him that much...
i think this is a huge problem, for ecample, me myself i love sheikh hamza yusuf very very much, ALLAH ta3ala has given him a great deal of knowledge, but, my example is MOHAMMED salalahu wa 3alayhi weselem, if some other brother or sister more knowledgable then me, explains to me with proof that certain things this sheikh does, are not from the quraan and sunnah..then i will stay away from it..without a doubt!

the above explanations from sheikh al islam ibn taymiyah may allah be pleased with him, prove without a doubt that we should stay away from this

Brother stay away from Hamza Yousuf... he is a Sufi sheikh know amongst people on the Manhaj of the salaf that he is promoting misguidance.

Brother stay away from Hamza yousuf... he is a sufi sheikh know amongest people on the Manhaj of the salaf that he is promoting misguidance.

What or Who is Salaf?
The manhaj (methodology) of the Salaf is to adhere to the Qur'aan and the authentic Sunnah as understood by the Salaf as-Saalih. The word Salaf is a shortened version of the word 'Salaf as-Saalih', which means the 'Righteous Predecessors'.

It refers specifically to the first three generations of Islaam in which the Prophet Muhammad (Sallalaahu Alaihi wa Sallam) described as being the best generations of Muslims. The first, the Prophet (Sallalaahu Alaihi wa Sallam) and his Sahaabah (companions). The second, the Taabi'een (the followers of the companions). The third, the Tabaa'at-Taabi'een (the followers of the followers of the companions).

Generally, this term refers to all those pious predecessors who followed the way of the Salaf and who have preceded us in time. This is the true manhaj of Ahl as-Sunnah wa al-Jamaa'ah.

PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW SUFISM ARE NOT UPON THE MANHAJ OF THE SALAF

az101

The Zuhd according to the mystic Sufis completely contradicts the essence of the Zuhd
laid down in the Qur'aan, authentic Sunnah, and the understanding and practice of the
Salaf. It centers upon the following matters:

1. Poverty should be the main objective. One of their prominent figures said: "I like for the beginner not to make his heart busy with the matter of earning (i.e. for hisliving), otherwise his state wouldchange."'

2. A call to abandon marriage and the seeking of hadeeth-knowledge
attributed to the "Sufi master" Al-Junayd.

3. A story-of another "Sufi", Ibn Al-Kurainee, the teacher of Al-Junayd
in which he says that he subdued himself into humiliation for twenty
years until it became like that of a dog!

4. "Hunger is the food of the Zaahidee!” 108 Sufi sources attributed
this statement to Abu Muhammad ' Abdullaah Al-Kharraaz, a master of
the way!

5. Ash-Sha'raanee reported that Rabaah Bin 'Amr Al-Qayeesee said:
"A man would not attain the levels of the Siddeeqeed until he leaves
his wife as if she was a widow, his kids as if they were orphans, and
takes refuge in dog houses!

6. Ash-Sha'raanee also reported that one of the celebrated Sufi socalled
Awliyaa' by the name of 'Abdur Rahmaan Al-Majthoob, 'Cut
off his own private part in the beginning of his Jathbah (a mystic Sufi
state of Jathb)"

7. Ibraaheem Bin 'Usayeefeer was, according to Ash-Sha'raanee, "A
man having a great deal of Kashf}...He used to come to the town
riding a wolf or a hyena, and to walk on water having no need for a
boat; his urine was as white as milk...Most often he slept in a church, and
he used to say: the Christians, unlike Muslims, do not steal shoes in the church." He invalidated the fasting of the Muslims who ate chicken and
mutton meat. Only those who, like the Christians, do not eat mutton meat, their fast is correct as far as 'Usayeefeer is concerned!

8. He also reported that another Sufi mystic by the name of Yaaqut Al-'Arshee
(d.707/1307) married the daughter of his sheikh Abul 'Abbaas Al-Mursee. She
stayed with him for eighteen years but he never touched her being shy from her father. He left her while she was still a virgin !

AND SOO MANY MORE...

PDF BELOW...

Attachments

• zuhud_Salaf_Sufis.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

likeali4life

Brother stay away from Hamza Yousuf... he is a Sufi sheikh know amongst people on the Manhaj of the salaf that he is promoting misguidance.

I Also listen to Shaykh Hamza yusuf and i think that he is one of the best speakers i have ever listened to :) Alhamdulillah I have learnt alot from Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

:astag: Please Refrain from Backbiting or slandering such people

az101

I Also listen to Shaykh Hamza yusuf and i think that he is one of the best speakers i have ever listened to :) Alhamdulillah I have learnt alot from Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

:astag: Please Refrain from Backbiting or slandering such people

dear brother/sister please , you have no knowledge of what this sheikh is promoting.. his Aqeddah is not correct.

I have personally investigated this matter... i advice you sincerely pleases Follow the scholars/sheikhs who are on the manhaj of the salaf.

my profile has a authentic website use that. it will be a great benefit for you.

you are blocking guidance with your own ignorance..
if you follow your own desires in the matters of deen ...you will go astray

back-biting for the sake of Allah to save people from going astray .is allowed..
if your read Sahih Al-bukhari there is a chapter dedicated to this..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, that is what I am trying to say Brother Ayman. It is a very slippery and steep road.
However, there is ample room for many to be on the Path..it is wide and inclusive.

Brother Danyal there are mountains of books to read. We can argue but that does not lead to knowledge. Some of us are very clear cut about how to practice Islam..others are more accepting. Given that in no way am I promoting shirk. Allah forbid that I would commit a sin of this magnitude.

I always make dua to ask for knowledge.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

The important thing that we as Muslims do, is to unite together upon the Noble Quran and the authentic hadith, and to adhere to those teachings.

Our starting point should be Tawheed, and to learn and implement this properly in our lives. inshaAllah.

We should not fall into arguing or bickering and throwing labels around.

-- The major problem with today's "Sufism" are the various aspects of Shirk and Kufr, the level of which does indeed vary between various sufi factions, i.e naqshbandi's , berelwis who visit graves and shrines and pray to the dead, the excuse being that they are merely seeking intercession.

Secondly - Any act of worship, that is introduced into the Deen, or deviates from what the Quran and Sunnah teaches should not be done. - this is bidáh which is unfortunately clung tightly upon due to blind following, even though there may be authentic evidence which clearly shows a matter to be wrong.

There is no place for "Bid'ah Hassanah", Good innovation, as the modern day "Sufis" claim.

A Note: In the past, some of the Salaf were said to be "Sufi", and it can be found in various classical books. This meaning of Sufi is very different to what is found today. In the past, it simply meant the person lived a simple life, and they were devoted in their worship. -- They did not share in the major mistakes that are committed today by "Sufis".

Islam is complete, our way of life is all set in the Quran and in the Sunnah, which includes how we worship, being at peace and of course spirituality. We do not need to be Sufis following some tareeqah, or being a mureed to a shaykh in order to be closer to Allah! Astaghfirullah.

People may be confused with sufism, its our job to explain in a nice way what those issues are. inshaAllah. If we are to be speaking about the errors of a scholar, then it must be done in a legitimate and meaningful way.

We should be starting our da'wah with tawheed. This is the key for understanding our Deen. It may be difficult, but, those who are new or are trying with their Deen, might have a lot of mistaken views. We must remember, guidance is from Allah subhana wa ta'ala. We have to learn, and remember, people listen to those who explain in nice, clear, respectful manner. This is how Rasul Allah (s) spoke and dealt with people, even to the most evil of the polytheists.

Mistakes can be built on top of other misconceptions and mistakes. I see many times brothers and sisters wish to explain things to Muslims, but, end up making the situation worse, due to lack of experience and also knowledge. Please give them patience, give them your love and support! If people are sincere they will accept, inshaAllah. Especially with your akhlaq and adaab.

If you wish to help people, sincerely, then, you do not need to compile a list of all the ridiculous things that may be said by them or their scholars. Even if those things are true, believe it or not, this pushes people further away from what you wish to achieve, which is uniting upon the truth. Its not the way of the Quran and the sunnah it is also not the way that the ulema' of the past explained and did da'wah either.

Assalamu alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.