ISLAM AND THE 21ST CENTURY-Zakir Naik- Oxford Union Debate 2011 Q&A

helpinghumanity

Assalamo Alaikum

This video contains "Question & Answer" session of Dr. Zakir Naik's Public Debate at The Oxford Union, UK via Satellite link from Indian on "ISLAM AND THE 21ST CENTURY" on Friday 11th February 2011.

[YT]MTaSL1QdR6c[/YT]

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

I don't understand,what kind of Da'ee,this person Mr.Naik is?.How Muhammad (saw) and Sahaba,invited people to Islam with great pains and simplicity,may it be even to a single individual. When our group tried to invite Mr.Naik for a Dawah conference to our city He at once demanded presence of huge crowds of audiences. In case of we can't arrange these expanded crowds he won't come to our city.

Dressed in western suits and guarded by armed gunmen,is he really following the way of our beloved Prophet (saw)?. Reformation of Muslims,to way of Muhammad (saw),primarily in Indian Sub-Continent,is very essential. But this had to be dome with Hiqmat (Wisdom) and not the way, Mr.Naik does,creating differences within Muslim community.

Allah knows better.

islamdonlyway

Assalam Alaikum:

I don't understand,what kind of Da'ee,this person Mr.Naik is?.How Muhammad (saw) and Sahaba,invited people to Islam with great pains and simplicity,may it be even to a single individual. When our group tried to invite Mr.Naik for a Dawah conference to our city He at once demanded presence of huge crowds of audiences. In case of we can't arrange these expanded crowds he won't come to our city.

Dressed in western suits and guarded by armed gunmen,is he really following the way of our beloved Prophet (saw)?. Reformation of Muslims,to way of Muhammad (saw),primarily in Indian Sub-Continent,is very essential. But this had to be dome with Hiqmat (Wisdom) and not the way, Mr.Naik does,creating differences within Muslim community.

Allah knows better.

walikumsalam

all i can say brother is that dr.zakir naik is like the best da'ee islam has at the moment. yes there are other good da'ees but his the best no doubt..i think most muslims will agree on that, this is one of the reason why oxford union invited him.and it doesnt matter if you wear a suite and give dawah...there is no hadith or quranic verses condeming it.. and also maybe his got security gueards for his safety... its important that his safe as his like a light for the muslim ummah right now...

dunno

his demands for having huge crowds is perfectly reasonable. I'm sure many people ask him to attend their events. Talking to huge crowds and delivering the message to them is better then a few people, especially since what he does is refuting arguments and clearing out things ( as in lectures ) It's not 1 on 1 personal da'wah which can be done by many people with less knowledge. ]

As for the people protecting him the prophet peace be upon him had guards till it was revealed to him that he did not need them, and that allah will protect him without the need for any guards. However, only our prophet has that protection, many islamic figures were killed I wish they would of had men with guns around them.

I'm not implying that it would of change Allah's will of course.

muslimshabs

Assalam Alaikum:

Allah knows better.
:salam2:

Dr Zakir naik is one of those people whom Allah choose for the work of serving islam...He is the one such scholar who by studying comparative religions can make the plans of those go in vain, who try to defame islam...
As you know the hindus in India are very much ignorant in the sense that they dont know what the God actually means...

1) why security??????
As you know these hindus will not pray to their gods daily but they wont like to listen anything against them... so there is always a threat of harming Dr. zakir naik...as he openly says that idol worship is haraam and they are not gods but they are GOD'S...

2) dressed in western clothes...
dress should be modest and that is all... why u look at this what he wears , why dont you look at how many people accept islam after listening to him...

3) need of crowd??
you must have been to peace connference mumbai ...there u see a large gathering u can see rarely in any religious conference...but have u seen how many people accept islam...only few...as i told u earlier , hindus are very narrow minded people , have mostly no open thoughts...

Also can you tell me how he divides the muslim community...????

Quran is the guidance for those who think...with their open hearts...
"As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good."(29:69)

"Say: (It is) the truth from the Lord of you (all). Then whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve. Lo! We have prepared for disbelievers Fire. Its tent encloseth them. If they ask for showers, they will be showered with water like to molten lead which burneth the faces. Calamitous the drink and ill the resting-place!"(18:29)

[yt]nn_GMpWoI0U[/yt]

uk brother

naik

Assalam Alaikum:

Allah knows better.

salaam, bother like zakir naik said in this talk..... when you are popular people try to bring you down.i would like to ask what are you doing for the muslim ummah?? are you as knowledgeable as him??
if no keep your comments to yourself.thanks.

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

salaam, bother like zakir naik said in this talk..... when you are popular people try to bring you down.i would like to ask what are you doing for the muslim ummah?? are you as knowledgeable as him??
if no keep your comments to yourself.thanks.

Walikum Assalam:

Did he take pains to reform Indian Muslim community to path of Muhammad (saw)?. Did he ever travel across India for this task?. And how shall he travel and work for Indian Muslims as he is more busy abroad.

Have you ever heard name of Mr. Kaleem Siddiqui?. I guess you won't have heard of his name because he isn't a television personality.He is 75+ and Alhamdulillah,he has succeeded in guiding more than 150,000 ignorants to Deen of Allah. Mr. Kaleem at this age works ceaselessly and camps in various Indian cities and is ready to take pains for guiding even a single individual to Islam. His will power and zeal to work in the way of Allah makes him to reach even remote areas of India. At the age of 75+ he travels by bus and train. Alhamdulillh,he need no gunmen for his security. And like Mr.Naik he hasn't created successors to handle his name. Junior Naiks have started working with senior Naik.

Is popularity in this world a criterion for success in hereafter?. Even if few people know me beyond my household and if I am God conscious(Taqwa), I have succeeded. To hell popularity of this world. I am a four year old revert and still needs miles and miles journey to be a true Muslim. Allah knows what efforts I make in this context and what I conceal. I don't want to exaggerate for myself because reward for my good deeds and punishment for my sins are solely in the power of Allah.

I think you are a born Muslim. Try to evaluate yourself what have you done for Muslim Ummah?.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh my beloved brothers and sisters

Did we ever thought who our real enemy is? Who we should hate and love? Who we must take arm against and whom not?

My dears! Love and Hatred is not something just as simple as we think it is. It is a matter directly Related to the Testimony of faith, and the Tawheed.

In regard to the Muslims either a Scholar, Da'ee, Rular, Professor, Normal citizens etc etc, they all will have mistakes and cannot be 100% perfect. The hatred we are allowed to make against our fellow Muslim brother who does Zina, drink alcohol, theft etc is only to that particular level their wrong deeds are. NOT to the level of hatred we have against the Harbi Kuffar who bombards the homes of our brothers and sisters daily. It is really dangerous that some of us take the level of our Muslim brothers even far away to the level of Kuffar, asking others "not to listen or help them".

As per Dr.Zakir Naik, I am aware that there are some people in this Ummah who calls people not to listen him and to hate him. To which level? Even a person who claims to have knowledge of Islam said from his mouth, "It is better to attend the musical show of Shahruk Khan, than attending the lecture of Dr,Zakir Naik." La Hawlawala Quwwata Illa Billah! Is this what they learnt from Islam? Where are our minds which Allah has given us brothers and sisters? He even did not make Shahruk Khan's show equal to Dr.Naik's lecture, but he said "it is better" then that. A'oodhubillah min Dhaalik!

IF Dr.Zakir Naik has a problem proven wrong in 'Islam' then just keep you hatred to that particular limit. Remember, it is NOT allowed for us to hate ANY Muslim to the level we hate the Harbi Kuffar. It is not a small matter, infact it is one of the MOST dangerous matters in Deen which most of us are not aware of, either by ignorance or because of the wrong information we have, regarding Deen.

We say Dr.Zakir Naik makes Ummah split, but we could not give a reason or proof to back our claim. Rather, what we see is that with his hard work by the Will of Almighty Allah, thousands convert to Islam directly or indirectly each year. If we have watched PeaceTV, we will be sure of it.

Just remember one thing. The methods and Hikmah (wisdom) to be used differs with time and situation always, and Da'wah is not such a narrow thing that we think. Its one of the most wonderful thing in Islam.

Allahumma Arinal 'Haqqa 'Haqqan Warzuqunat-Tibaa'ah! Wa Arinal Baatila Baatilan, Warzuqunajtinaabah! Ameen!

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Brother HelpingHumanity, JazakiAllah kahiran katheera my beloved, for sharing this with us. :)

In case if any brother or sister may need the translation of the Du'a I made ate the end of the previous post, I write it here inshaAllah.

"O Allah! Let us see the good as good, and bless us with following it. And show us the falsehood as falsehood, and bless us with staying away from it."

wassalam 'alaikum :)

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalam Alaikum:

Allah knows better.

And based on Sharee`ah, what is wrong with wearing a suit?

I don't want to hear about Indian culture.

"But this trial now, you find a righteous man and his thobe (clothing worn by Arabs) is short (not falling below his ankles) and his beard is long and he prays in the first row and he loves the Sunnah. And his tongue is like a saw in the dignity of the people and in the dignity of the People of Knowledge. Laa Hawla wa Laa Quwaata Illaa Billaah

Powerful message for those who write online:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73419&highlight=Writing+online

Parvaiz

I don't understand why some of the people having hatred against Dr Zakir Naik ,i consider him a very good Scholar ,haven't noticed any talk which goes against Islam or shariah ,people say about his views on niqab he says its nto wajib and i don't know what wrong he says as there is no sahih hadith which says niqb is wajib(don't confuse yourself with hijab or niqab 2 different things).Late Shaikh Albani also stated that its not wajib under the light of Quran and Sunnah.next when people refuted him was on the views on yazeed ,and sunni Muslims sorry to say also refuted him without having any knowledge of what they are doing ,as topics on yazeed are all mainly from shia books.Next on the view of dress ,Allah stated cover your aurah and guard your modesty he dint say wear clothes like Arabs.Plz stop showing your hatred against him and see what he does how many have come to Islam due to him you should be happy instead of finding black dots in him.

sachin4islam

You said that you reverted to Islam recently. And now you`ve become the Imam of Jarh Wa Tadil?!

Stop being a typical Asian with your uneducated chit-chat, backbiting and irregular amounts of jealousy. You didn't refute him based on knowledge but on personal aversion.

And based on Sharee`ah, what is wrong with wearing a suit?

I don't want to hear about Indian culture.

"But this trial now, you find a righteous man and his thobe (clothing worn by Arabs) is short (not falling below his ankles) and his beard is long and he prays in the first row and he loves the Sunnah. And his tongue is like a saw in the dignity of the people and in the dignity of the People of Knowledge. Laa Hawla wa Laa Quwaata Illaa Billaah

Powerful message for those who write online:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73419&highlight=Writing+online

Assalam Alaikum: If my chats are like uneducated,let it be,just remember my user name and from now onwards do not waste your time in reading my posts. By the way,the manner in which you write makes me to guess as if you are Ph.d in Islamic studies. Right?.

You point to my ethnicity(Asian) with dislike.Okay. Was our Prophet Muhammad (saw) Non-Asian?.Ahh,He (saw) was an atypical Asian. right?.

If the dressing sense of Mr.Naik is copied from Jews and Christians than also its okay. Right?.

And lastly why do you merge commonsense with knowledge. I need not be be an Imam or expert to talk on what I see.

Still you want to discuss on Mr.Naik,you are welcome.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
akhi Abdullah.. have patience and try to prove your claim.

Brother Naik is more of a scholar of comparitive religion. I still dont understand how he is dividing people.

bro, he is living amidst of various 'sena's and other fanatics.. need more reason to have body guards?

He, even if you think is doing it for publicity, is defending islam in various debates. Let his intention be between him and Allah. He is our brother in faith.

Speak against his opinions if he got it wrong. atleast dont turn your attention to his clothings etc.

We need to unite our people in this beautiful country... I am sure you wouldnt mind Allah make it come to pass through the scholar you mentioned or naik or one who wears jubba. as long as we are upon on pure aqeedah.

wa salaam

sachin4islam

akhi Abdullah.. have patience and try to prove your claim.

Brother Naik is more of a scholar of comparitive religion. I still dont understand how he is dividing people.

bro, he is living amidst of various 'sena's and other fanatics.. need more reason to have body guards?

He, even if you think is doing it for publicity, is defending islam in various debates. Let his intention be between him and Allah. He is our brother in faith.

Speak against his opinions if he got it wrong. atleast dont turn your attention to his clothings etc.

We need to unite our people in this beautiful country... I am sure you wouldnt mind Allah make it come to pass through the scholar you mentioned or naik or one who wears jubba. as long as we are upon on pure aqeedah.

wa salaam

Assalam Alaikum: Dear Br.Ilyas.

You have caught true spirit of Islam. May Allah bless you. I leave this conflicting topic. Yes,we need to unite our Ummah. I pray Allah to forgive me for sins I committed knowingly or unknowingly.

khangul

your sister
Assalamo Alaikum

This video contains "Question & Answer" session of Dr. Zakir Naik's Public Debate at The Oxford Union, UK via Satellite link from Indian on "ISLAM AND THE 21ST CENTURY" on Friday 11th February 2011.

[YT]MTaSL1QdR6c[/YT]

i was waiting for this program but i could only watch the question answer session.i dont know why he seemed a bit nervous or may be cautious .alhamdollilah he is doing great job 5 stars.

muslimshabs

asalmualaikum...

Brothers do we call ourselves muslims with this conduct and way of explaining things...A muslim should be very soft in language and explaining things... islam teaches us to be good to the people ...whether be it muslims or non-muslims and here I see insulting and just a rude way of conversation between brothers having same faith...

Be kind to people in word and deed, and all kinds of doing good. This is one of the means of removing worry, distress and anxiety. By this means Allaah wards off worries and distress from righteous and immoral like, but the believer has the greater share of that, and is distinguished by the fact that his kindness to others stems from sincerity and the hope of reward, so Allaah makes it easy for him to be kind to others because of the hope that this will bring good things and ward off bad things, by means of his sincerity and hope of reward. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is no good in most of their secret talks save (in) him who orders Sadaqah (charity in Allaah’s Cause), or Ma‘roof (Islamic Monotheism and all the good and righteous deeds which Allaah has ordained), or conciliation between mankind; and he who does this, seeking the good Pleasure of Allaah, We shall give him a great reward”[al-Nisa’ 4:114]

@brother Abdullah
we muslims are not allowed to do the things which are forbidden by Allah and his Messenger peace and blessings be upon him... so you should neither divide muslims nor accompany anyone dividing muslims... If you have some conflicts with someone, dont judge by yourself. look at the quran and sahih hadith , if you still feel that he is not doing right, then advise him about the matter. dont create misconception among people about someone... I have found something regarding this matter . Hope you will look into it and May Allah give us courage to accept what is right and patience to accept what is wrong...

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O you who have spoken the words of faith but faith has not entered your hearts! Do not backbite about the Muslims or seek our their faults, for whoever seeks out their faults, Allaah will seek out his faults even if he is his house.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 4880; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

“Say (O Muhammad), Produce your proof if you are truthful” [al-Baqarah 2:111]

“Since they produce not witnesses, they are the liars in the sight of Allaah” [al-Noor 24:13]

“O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion; indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another…”[al-Hujuraat 49:12]

Rabbish-Rahli Sadri Wa Yassirli Amri wah lul Uqdatam-Mil-lisaani yafqahu qauli"

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalam Alaikum: If my chats are like uneducated,let it be,just remember my user name and from now onwards do not waste your time in reading my posts. By the way,the manner in which you write makes me to guess as if you are Ph.d in Islamic studies. Right?.

You point to my ethnicity(Asian) with dislike.Okay. Was our Prophet Muhammad (saw) Non-Asian?.Ahh,He (saw) was an atypical Asian. right?.

If the dressing sense of Mr.Naik is copied from Jews and Christians than also its okay. Right?.

And lastly why do you merge commonsense with knowledge. I need not be be an Imam or expert to talk on what I see.

Still you want to discuss on Mr.Naik,you are welcome.

No, the reason why Im replying back to you is because you have slandered Zakir Naik without knowledge and on your whim and desire. I dont have a PHD in Islamic studies, but what im saying is if your gonna refute him do it based on knowledge! Not because your a gassed Indian who cant see his brother prosper.

The prophet sallahu alyhi wassalam was Arab. I have no idea what you are talking about.

A Muslim man is permitted to wear whatever is the customary dress in his country as long as he avoids expressing unlawful behavior with respect to dress.

What you've done is slandered your fellow Muslim and according to Sharee`ah you should call him up an apologize before Allah sends from the seven heavens a curse that`ll destroy you!

Wallahi, I pray Allah guides you, your dividing the Ummah based on shallow desires of personal gain.

Ibn Uthaymin

^ Why dont you just state clearly what you wanna say, rather than dress your language with a handful of Arabic words?

Allah is witness to what my intention is. This what ALlah says in Surah Noor:

24_16.png

And why did you not, when you heard it, say? "It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory be to You (O Allah) this is a great lie."