dua that i cant remember

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
:salam2:

a few weeks ago, i read a dua that i tried learning off by heart. i lost this dua and not sure where it is. its really important to me because i find it beautiful after the story that came with it.

can someone please help me find the dua if you know what im talking about.

the story that came with it was:

there was a sahaba, i think he was a sahaba, he was working or something, then some people came to him and told him your house is on fire, he said no its not, another person came and told him 'your house is on fire' he was not concerned and said no its not. then a third person said this and he still said no its not. then the forth time, when someone came and told him, he said 'i recited this dua, the prophet (saw) told us nothing will happen to us or harm us if we recite it fajr as we will be protected till the afternoon where we recite it again.' the people said that they saw the flames coming out of his window. when he went to his house, his house was okay and not on fire. everyone was shocked.

i remember this story. not 100% exactly but to my memory.

im 100% sure i read this dua here on turntoislam. i beg you, if you know what im talking about please prove me with this dua. please.

if we recite it fajr, we are protected between fajr till the afternoon, and at afternoon time we must recite it again to be protected between afternoon and fajr.

thank you so much and hope that Allah can help me find this dua again.

Abu Ameerah

May be you are talking about this dua'
بسم الله الذي لا يضر مع اسمه شيئٌ في الأرض ولا في السماء وهو السَميع العليم
BISMILLAHIL-LATHEE LAA YADHURRU MA'ASMIHI SHAI'UN FIL-ARDHI WA LAA FIS-SAMAA'I WA HUWAS-SAMEE'UL 'ALEEM.
which means, "In the Name of Allah, Who with His Name nothing can cause harm in the earth nor in the Heavens, and He is the All-Hearing, the All knowing (recite 3x in Arabic).
"Whoever recites it 3x in the morning will not be afflicted by any calamity before evening, and whoever recites it 3x in the evening will not be overtaken by any calamity before morning" Abu Dawood 4/323, At-tarmizi 5/465, Ibn Majah 2/332, Ahmad, Iban Majah's chain of transmission is good (hasan), Ibn Baz P.39.
I hope this is the prayer that you are looking for, if not, this may help you if you practice in reciting 3x after Salaturl FAJR and Salatul ASR or MAGHRIB. Allah knows best.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
May be you are talking about this dua'
بسم الله الذي لا يضر مع اسمه شيئٌ في الأرض ولا في السماء وهو السَميع العليم
BISMILLAHIL-LATHEE LAA YADHURRU MA'ASMIHI SHAI'UN FIL-ARDHI WA LAA FIS-SAMAA'I WA HUWAS-SAMEE'UL 'ALEEM.
which means, "In the Name of Allah, Who with His Name nothing can cause harm in the earth nor in the Heavens, and He is the All-Hearing, the All knowing (recite 3x in Arabic).
"Whoever recites it 3x in the morning will not be afflicted by any calamity before evening, and whoever recites it 3x in the evening will not be overtaken by any calamity before morning" Abu Dawood 4/323, At-tarmizi 5/465, Ibn Majah 2/332, Ahmad, Iban Majah's chain of transmission is good (hasan), Ibn Baz P.39.
I hope this is the prayer that you are looking for, if not, this may help you if you practice in reciting 3x after Salaturl FAJR and Salatul ASR or MAGHRIB. Allah knows best.

salam, this is the dua i already know and thankyou so much for helping.

but the dua i was learning, i cant remember how it starts but if i read it i will know. i still havent found it. im sure i learnt it from this site. i really hope to find it again. it was so beautiful. as this dua is too.

jazakhallah kheir

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
Dua of Abu Darda radhiallahu anhu

:salam2:

dm6tmy3bpt9i.bmp

“Oh Allah, You are my Lord. There is nothing worthy of worship except You. I place all of my trust and reliance in You and You are the Lord of the Noble Throne. Whatever Allah wishes takes place, and whatever He does not desire, does not occur, and there is no power and no strength except in Allah, The Exalted, The Mighty. I know that Allah is Powerful over all things and that Allah has knowledge of all things. Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You from the evil of my nafs (self) and from the evil of every crawling creature. You are master over them. Verily, You are Lord of the Straight Path."‘

Someone came to tell Hadhrat Abu Darda R.A. that his house was on
fire. Abu Darda R.A. [without any concern] replied that his
was certainly not on fire. Allah will never do so, because I have
heard from the Messenger of Allah that if a person recites these
words at the beginning of the day, no calamities will befall that
person till the evening, and if the person recites these words in the
evening then no calamities will befall that person till the morning.
In another tradition, it is stated that calamities will not befall
him, wife, children and whatever he owns.
Hadhrat Abu Darda said: “In the morning I recited these
words, therefore, how can my house be on fire.” He then
said to the people. “Let's go and see.” Together with the
people they went to wards his house. It was seen that his
entire street was on fire and all the houses around Hadhrat
Abu Darda’s were burnt, but, amidst this, his house was
safe and sound.
(Al-Azkaar-Nawawi, Pg. 79)

:wasalam:

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
:hearts::hearts::hearts:

yeay yeay, thats the dua. many thanks and jazakallah kheir.

i noticed that i heard the hadith / story a bit different. and because you provided full details, i was able to find the story i read through google search using the name Sahabi Hadhrat Abu Darda R.A. because this i didnt know who the sahabi was, i couldnt remember it so thats why i couldnt find the dua. well this is the story:

There's one more powerful dua about safety of self, property etc.:Huzoor's Sahabi Hazrat Abu Darda R.A. was sitting away from his home, either conducting a class or in a Masjid, and a man rushed in saying "Your house in on fire!!"Abu Darda replied, "No it has not burnt." Another man came and said the same thing and Hazrat Abu Darda replied, "No it has not burnt."A third man came and said, " . . .the fire spread, and its flames rose higher, but when it reached your house it suddenly extinguished!!"Abu Darda said--"I knew it would never get burned because Rasulullah, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam taught me a dua and I had read that dua": (Recite morning and evening)

"Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta alaika tawakkaltu wa anta Rabbul Arshil Kareem. Mashaa Allahu Kaana wa Maa lam Yasha` Lam Yakun. Walaa Haula wa Laa Quwwata illa billahil Aliyyil Azeem. A'lamu annallaha 'alaa kulli Shay-in Qadeer, Wa annallaha Qad -Ahaata bi-kulli Shayin 'ilmaa. Allahumma innee a'oozubika min Sharri Nafsee, wa min Sharri kulli Daaabbatin, anta Aakhizum-bi-Naasiyati-haa, inna Rabbee 'alaa Siraatim-Mustaqeem."

subhan allah i heard the story a bit different, but im so glad the dua is still the same.
i just want to the dua. im not worried which story is right, i just want to dua and thank you so much for providing me this dua. may allah reward you for everytime i read it and benifit from it. ameen. wonderful, mashallah just wonderful.

thank you. jazzakhallah kheir.

i attach this dua link for people to download, its really good. i found this link while searching google for the story i read mentioned above. and thought this dua inshallah will be useful for everyone.

Attachments

• duas.pdf
    657.5 KB · Views: 150

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
ameen.thank you soo much for the dua. i am very very very glad to learn this dua. thank you so much again.

no problems, im so glad i found it. its really beautiful and amazing especially its protection. wonderful blessings and guidance from Allah.

everyone should learn and read it. imagin how safe and protected we will be, amazing, absolutely amazing.

MusLiMah_Kubra - jazakhallah kheir for helping me find it.