Muslim Gym

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

Brothers and Sisters me and some brothers in my locality are planning to build a proper Gym for the Muslims, free from music and other haram things so I need some help regarding what equipments are basically needed to start off with a gym of commercial quality. I mean to say we are not planning anything fancy but we need what are the basic equipments needed to start a professional gym(not home Gym). If anyone could help, that would be great. JazakAllahu Khair.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Free weights...and do include 1 lb and 3 lbs weights.
Big rubber balls..exercise mats...treadmills, step-machine, bikes..
Mirrors..are critical..reduces injuries...

benches for lifting...weights...

are you planning on using machines or free weights...

Spray bottles to fill with disinfectants..

What about your changing rooms?

What is your intention.

arzafar

hire a professional trainer. He will have all the contacts and info you will need.

anyway please do include a couple sets of Olympic plates with bars, a couple of squat racks, several benches and stands.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

If you hire a professional trainer what about the sisters we need help, too.

Are you going to offer dance classes..they are great exercise. You need a room full of mirrors to prevent injuries.

What about insurance.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Intention is to for now make a good place for brothers mainly to train themselves up and get fit, we may even set a separate time for sisters as well. Yes I was looking up online and since I used to go to gym once, I think I will go for a couple of treadmills, cross trainers, couple of benches for bench press, shoulder shrugs. We would not do something fancy for now. Will stick to free weights, as machines will just add to the cost I guess and the budget is like really limited. This gym is planned out of need as there are lack of proper Muslim gyms even in places like bangladesh. Even though there are gyms separate for men and women but the environment is not Islamic as people go wearing shorts, revealing awrah, then there is constant music which adds to the headache. So me and a few brothers are trying to take a step and do something. This was actually suggested by a brother from Australia, where they have this gym just beside the Musallah. We might even get some karate classes running as well. Please pray so that we can gather the money, get a good place and start with our own gym. And JazakAllahu Khair for your responses everyone.

اسلام عليكم و الرحمت ا لله وا بركاته

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Best of luck brother. You know what also works are jump ropes. Simple and effective. If you are doing this as part of the masjid compound why not write to one of the major equipment makers and ask for a donation. It won't hurt and it is a tax write off for the company.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
Assalaam walaikum,

Best of luck brother. You know what also works are jump ropes. Simple and effective. If you are doing this as part of the masjid compound why not write to one of the major equipment makers and ask for a donation. It won't hurt and it is a tax write off for the company.

JazakAllahu Khair, I like your advice. Will definitely take it into consideration.