Brains were bigger thousands of years ago ?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

I was reading an article that was about the human brain was bigger eons ago and now our brains are smaller because our brains learned how to process information more efficiently so no need for a bigger brain. What do you guys think of this article? Do you think that our minds or even parts of our bodies can grow bigger or smaller? Do you think that this part of evolution?

Thank You in Advance!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

from what i know, evolution means changing to other species. (for me theory of evolution is a bunch of rubbish). from the fossil records, exact same species can be found which is hundreds of millions of yrs old.

even if our heights or brain decreased, we are still humans - homo sapiens.
isnt it? :wink:

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum: Talking about evolution on this TTI platform is useless as we Muslims believe in Theory of Special (Divine) Creation. Yet to say there are may fossil records which clearly hint that Cro-Magnon had about 200cc additional cranial capacity than modern man.

Evolutionary theory of Lamarck is based on this principle of decrease or increase in size of body organs depending upon extent of use. Thereby his theory is called "Theory of use and disuse of organs". But this theory is discarded,yet some supporters of Lamarck still exist under the name "Neo-Lamarckist".

Regards.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Why do you say that? Here's an easy quiz for you. Name an animal that changes from a crawling worm to a flying insect in three weeks.

Those are two distinct species, aren't they? Evolution is one of God's natural laws.

:salam2:,

u meant bug? what proofs can you show to support evolutin brother? what about Allah's saying 'Be' and it is!

how can i believe in evolution when there are fossils 100's millions old same as of today and there is no sign of evolution. *now dont call it harun-yahya special effect* :wink:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I was reading an article that was about the human brain was bigger eons ago and now our brains are smaller because our brains learned how to process information more efficiently so no need for a bigger brain. What do you guys think of this article? Do you think that our minds or even parts of our bodies can grow bigger or smaller? Do you think that this part of evolution?

Thank You in Advance!

Idea is interesting but what is source to this article?

Parvaiz

What was the brain size of one of the most knowledgeable Human to step in this world?

These theories should be left alone and not waste our time behind them.Allah gives you fact ,so take them .Prophet Muhammed has answered all question till the day of judgement make some research in Islamic world you InshAllah will get your answer.

As for evolution there is 2 changes which can be seen.The height of human kept decreasing from the time of Prophet Adam.And the beauty which kept decreasing after prophet Yusuf.I mentioned this as it comes from the hadiths etc which stands as a fact.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Fundamentally it is Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) that is the Creator and Shaper in this universe. (The problem is that there has been a severing of the connection between man and his Lord. This results in actions in this world being attributed to other things with justification. It is Allah that is the All-Powerful).

I recommend that you:

1) Read from post # 36 to # 63 http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=362018#post362018

2) Read from post # 64 to # 115. http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=362072#post362072

The first explores the 'modern' theories of creation/attribution and refutation.

The second provides that connection between man and Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala).

MalikBrother

Evolution can be debatable, but speaking of skeletons of dinosaur...etc, i believe there used to be 'it' lived in earth before human started with Prophet Adam (PBUH). That's what i have heard so far.

muslimshabs

asalamualaikum brothers and sisters...

I think some of us here do not understand the theory of evolution i.e; some of us think that evolution means only descending from monkeys...leave that monkey stuff... In islam v have to believe that Adam (A.S) was 60 cubits tall and must be having large physic as to suit his personality... i mean large skull also...like science says life originated in water, does not contradict with islam...
It is He Who has created man from water: then has He established relationships of lineage and marriage: for thy Lord has power (over all things). (The Noble Quran, 25:54)"
Allah is the only one who guides this evolution and none else...

ALLAH says in quran لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الإِنسَـنَ فِى أَحْسَنِ تَقْوِيمٍ - ثُمَّ رَدَدْنَـهُ أَسْفَلَ سَـفِلِينَ
Verily, We created man in the best form.

here is nice explaination about theory of evolution...
[yt]g66o9Pkyq08[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66o9Pkyq08

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum: Please visit this website ... It answers and presents Islamic perception about Organic Evolution.

Regards.