Funny Hadith about Prophet Moses (pbuh)

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah's Messenger said ''(Prophet) Musa (Moses) was a shy person and used to cover his body completely because of his extensive shyness. One of the Children of Israel hurt him by saying 'He covers his body in this way because of some defect in his skin, (i.e Leprosy) or he had some other defect'. Allah wished to clear Musa (Moses) of what they said about him: So one day while Musa (Moses) was in seclusion, he took off his clothes and put them on a stone and started taking a bath. When he finished with his bath, he moved towards his clothes so as to take them, but the stone took his clothes and fled. Musa (Moses) picked up his stick and ran after the stone saying, 'O stone! Give me my clothes!' till he reached a group of Bani Israel who saw him naked then, and found him the best of what Allah had created; and Allah cleared of him of what they accused him of. The stone stopped there and Musa (Moses) took and put his garment on and started hitting the stone with his stick. By Allah, the stone still has some traces of the hitting: three, four, of five marks.'' (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 4, Hadith No.616)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

The stone started running? Okay.

Hm, but it's a numbered hadith and everything, so it's true. Amusing.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Yes were we not just statues?? if Allah did not give us life ? If Allah can create the whole Universe, you and me then Allah can make a stone run too.

Mohamad Fazril

I start laughing when Prophet Musa saying 'O stone! Give me my clothes!'. It is even funnier when Prophet Musa hitting the stone with stick.

Imagine if we are the one in his place, how much embarassing it is running around naked trying to catch the stone in front of other people.

Still, Allah had clear the fitna done by people towards his loving messenger.