Tennessee bill would jail Shariah followers

fatma_said

:salam2:

We can indulge in lofty rhetorics all day but we cannot ignore the truth, and lets not get caught up in the minor details...

If you want a wake up call why don't you check up current polls in America and Europe about attitudes to Muslims. Better yet watch fox news for a day and you'll see for yourself the garbage that comes out of their mouths.
Garbage that is backed by multinational companies with a vested interests in stirring up trouble and hate.

In fact anti-Muslim propaganda is worth millions!!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Slow down.

I am well aware of the situation. I live here. And I see the tide turning.

Do not fall into the error of being an angry Muslim because you swallow the rhetoric of propaganda.

Please read some of my past posts. I strongly suggest that you read your history and gain a perspective of why you are angry. It just spins wheels and you get nowhere.

The bill is not going to become law. It won't hold up. It is that simple.

B.H.

There is a concerted effort in the US to make Muslims and Islam the new national threat. In the 1800's the threats were England, then Mexico. In the 1900's it was Germany and the Soviet Union, and domestic communists.

Congratulations brothers and sisters! You are the new communist enemy.

All this bill is meant to do is stir up prejudice and establish fear. Always remember this: people are motivated by two things, one sometimes more than the other. It is love/empathy and fear. This legislator is appealing to fear, fear which will enable him and others to be able to lead those willing to follow him for his own cynical reasons.

My country is falling apart, and in many ways is just a shallow shell now. No one in leadership has the actual power to do anything about our more serious problems because to try to solve the problems wold be stepping on some well off person or corporations toes. What's happening are the leaders are milking the country while they can. They can't stop others from doing it so they go along with it while they are able to. Since they won't and probably can't solve the real problems (if they indeed would want to if they could) they make up a bogeyman they can put on a facade they are trying to fight and destroy.

fatma_said

:salam2: sister aapa

First of all placing an exclamation mark in front of a word is a sign of emphasis, not anger...

Anyhow, its interesting that as you speak these words, Muslim females in many western countries including some so called Muslim ones are forbidden from entering university with their hijab on, others are forbidden from public places due to their niqab which is seen as a "threat to western values", thousands of of brothers are locked up in prisons in a 'war on terror" and Muslim men cannot get to airports without being considered a "security threat".

Its amazing to hear you speak in such a way... "swallowing propaganda". In fact i believe you are the one having difficulty "swallowing" the truth. I can support each of my arguments with facts yet you cannot provide one single evidence for your claims.

Its sad but their will come a time when i will say " i told you so".
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister I do not play games. You are confusing Europe with the US; do not do that.
I am speaking from a position of knowledge. By the way,f you are bored read some of my previous posts.

I do believe you will agree with many of my thoughts. You are the one who does not know.

Please before you answer make sure you have knowledge. And please refrain in the future from emotionalism, it minimizes the discussions.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I'll outright say I dislike Tennessee altogether. Living in Georgia, I have been there severeal times and seeing this law stem from there is not surprising. I will also say I'd not be surprised to see the SAME law stem out from Georgia.

Azubillah and I hope this is not causing distress to the Muslims in Tennessee.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, the bill is not yet law. It is stemming from a group of ignorant people. One of the major proponents of the bill is a man with very dubious credentials.

The issue is fear. America is multicultural. The good ole days are gone. Life is tough here now. Those who wish for bygone days are running scared. They want to hold on to the luxury that was theirs.

The Muslims in Tennessee should have no fear. The bill should it become law can be challenged on many levels. CAIR has good legal counsel. And I know the ACLU would like to get their hands on this one.

This is a first amendment issue. From a strictly Constitutional perspective this is nothing. The First Amendment guarantees us a right to worship as we please. There is no need to panic.

Tennessee is a beautiful state as is Georgia. I have known nothing but good from both.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

Simply the bill is submitted through ‘eagle forum’ by some attorney david yerusalmi and is kept for approval by the senators… as what the initial post reads out.

I don’t know which muslim organizations work in US and who are their leaders, not all I know. But it would be good to see them in action and can try to clear the misconceptions of those people for what they have against ‘prayers and washing feet’.It also seems that the bill is also kept without showing what sort of problems arise in doing those peaceful practices of wudoo and the salaat. It will also be good to know why such non-sense bill was kept.Simply as the muslims of tennessee can look for it and can have useful feedback, if any in such a case and can prepare against it.

If the govt has any problem what-so-ever, then it can have atleast some prior talk with the scholars and can come out to certain solution, before trying to make something legal. But contrarily seems keeping a bill without consultation to the concerned religious authorities to be a part of autocratic attitude.

In future in such a way, any of such bills can be passed on the same token.

May Allaah help muslims and make it easy for them to fulfill the obligations.

The post also reads and the bill-supporters read it well to know…

"The government can't label religious laws as wrong or treasonous or evil."

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You have to remember that Muslims do not participate in local politics or community actions committees. They do themselves a disfavor. They isolate themselves. When unfavorable legislature is introduced they have to wait until the process of passing a law is over. Muslims are being reactive and not proactive.

They are not being persecuted per se..they are sitting ducks. They need to take a stand. And most Muslims in the US do not stand up. They do not want to look bad; they are never at protests; they are never at the food shelters; they do not help anyone but themselves.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, until one has to exercise your rights many do not know them. I just wish we would not call ourselves minorities here. Just a semantic thing for me.

The reason I am screaming for us to be involved on the grassroots level is the benefits the entire community. It prevents a lot of prejudiced policies from being implemented.

abu'muhammad

This is starting to change, Thank God, but it's still in its infancy. Muslims in the US indeed seem to think that the laws of the land are sufficient to protect their rights. And while that may be true, no group has ever gotten its rights in America without fighting for them! Many of the white Anglo-Saxon males always seem to look for someone to pick on and they view the advancement of any group other than them as a threat to their hold on control.

Only when minorities demonstrated and insisted on their rights, did the good among the authorities respond favorably with new laws protecting minority rights.

It's also important to realize that gains for minorities may be reversed, because special interest groups continue to try to reverse those gains! Look at what Governor Scott Walker is doing now with Wisconsin unions. Thus, the fight has to continue as well. Minorities can never rest on their laurels.

Assalaamu alaykum,

Some things are quite true and they exists as real and practical. well, perhaps the same situation is in many countries where the muslims are at second, third or fourth.. in numbers. Sometimes there is a noise of banning loudspeakers (as In India), limiting minarets in switzerland as we know, or something else.

Like in America as you said, the other problems had remained or are existing, well known case is of people of Africa who were been brought as slaves, till for long time period they haven’t due rights and have to struggle hard for them. Or of the southern states until now faced discriminations from the northern states and becoming a reason leading to the assassination of president kennedy from the Texan individual. Or considering the same situation of western states from the eastern states. Even when there were no minority concerns in some of those cases but just to feed regionalism. however the power quo remains whether that's for any reason.

The minorities remain on radar but Alhamdulillah,the conduct that favours is standing –up for the rights where they are due. May Allaah ta’ala help the muslims and they can stand up for their rights.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The Kennedy Assassination was not due to a simple Texan, although all Texans are simple, it was a plot. Johnson knew and there are many whose fingers are red with blood.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, no these are the mere puppets. Look at the names of the men who are behind the scenes. That is what makes this insidious. And they are not Christians but Zionists. We have to understand this.

Kakorot

I think these are the people who don't want it

[yt]7OeQ5dcBltg[/yt]

I don't think the uncle should of prayed there because we're not supposed to pray in a place where it will block peoples way. But anyway may Allaah reward him for his bravery.

And the people that were laughing and mocking him whilst he was praying will get what's coming to them. IA on judgment day, that uncle will laugh at them when they can't do sujood and he can.

Allaahu akbar :salah:

:)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
This uncle is truly very brave. It would have been amazing if a few more muslims would have joined and started praying together. Look at how all those people were laughing and mocking.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

I had started a post on Peter King under the title 'Here He Goes Again".
I urge all US Muslims to contact their local, state, and federal representatives. The scheduled hearings tomorrow are a mockery of our rights.

As a Muslim woman I do not need to wear a star. I do not hide the fact that I am a Muslim. I can not comprehend the thought processes of the Muslims who are on the witness agenda. I do not understand what a conservative Muslim is. It is not a Muslim who accuses others of being radical. Those are not words found in Islam. Peter King is dangerous. He is not powerful. He is ignorant and nothing will give him knowledge.

The video is an excellent item. It is humorous but very concise in terms of knowledge presented.