Effect of Dua

krackpot

slave warrior caged
As salaamu alaikum sister
im a young brother in islam but your post touched me immensely. All i want to say to you is Allah is best of all Planners... when he has sent us down on this, land it is he who takes care of all beings big and small. Allah does not test a person beyond his capacity and believe that he can change your life in a way that you have not even dreamed about. please be patient and remember the last ayah of surah AL ASR it tells the momins biggest trait, ie: SABR.. i cannot relate my life to you in any way as i am half of your age but i've seen our lives take a complete opposite turn when we thought it was the end of our world. i was out to become a DJ [god forbid if i had become one] but i cannot explain the speed in which i left my life behind and came towards islam, please do not take me for a revert, im a muslim by birth, i belong to a very renowned family where 3 generations have lost their wealth step by step, and my father is the last person who lost all his life's worth in business and due to his negligence or his QADR. he would always as WHY ME? WHY ME WHEN I HAVE HURT NO ONE AND CHEATED NO ONE? we always told him about believing in QADR. but now i understand if he had his wealth i would probably be a spoilt brat and even out of islam [ASTAGHFIRULLAH] but Allah gave me understanding of deen and WIT to deal with all kinds of people which my father lacks very much. so the ultimate moral is to believe in WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS FOR OUR OWN GOOD. ALLAH SWT takes care of beings living 10 feet below the ground and birds that fly 100s of meters in the sky, so does he need the help of a family to help us??? its all our state of mind [insinuations from satan the outcast]

Pious sis

Subhanallah sister! May the Almighty bless u for ur patience............Masha Allah, u have actually put this up and this really touched me. Allah SWT has said in the Glorious Quran "Verily, Allah is with the patient".
So, I guess we shud all be patient no matter wat calamity befalls us.
I'm a student doing her final year in school and exams are my enemies!! I watch less TV, spend less time on internet, yet i dont achieve the grades of one who usually watches TV plus spends time online!!!!! They must be truly gifted people! Subhanallah..........this world is so amazing that it's unexplainable. We must acceplt things the way they are.....

Jazakallah Khair sister for posting this issue about duas. May The Almighty give u a husband better than the one u loved and may The Almighty shower His blessings upon U and ur family.......Ameen.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Your post has really touched my heart dear sister. Sometimes it is enough only one dua that Allah accept it from us, but the most importante is that we have Allah always on our mind, and in everything that we do that we rely only on Him, because He is the Best Helper and if we remember always Allah, our duas will be accepted before or later.If we have everything than our souls do not wait for anything anymore SubhanAllah and Shaytan start making people pridefull, so it is beautiful always to wait for something untill Allah bless us with that what we ask of Him.

Allah always says that He love those who are keeping themselves patinete and wait for help and reword of Allah.

May Allah reword you dear sister with beautiful husband with eman and soul like is yours. Ameen for both Worlds.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Sister, your post touched my heart very much - even though I am very much younger than you, I too, have been praying and praying for things, and yet sometimes I get so depressed because I don't see any results of my prayers, and then I look at others who seem to have anything they want from this world, even though they don't really pray that much etc. It saddens me, but then I think, Allah SWT has blessed me with this because its for my very best. Maybe its a trial or a test, or maybe its just this way because its good for me - also, verily, this world is a prison for the believers.

A friend once explained to me different situations - when we die, what use is having wealth, or a husband? The wealth will go to someone else, the husband will probably remarry etc. I'm not belittling your concerns, because they are like mine as well - all my friends are happily married and they have such cute little children, so I understand your worries. But I'm trying to make you see, is that its for our best - one thing I've learned is that just being married for the sake of being married is worse. Would you rather stay married to a person who does not follow Islam and does not adhere to its rules? Trust me ukhti, its not worth it - I've thought about this a lot, and I'm sure, between not being married, and being married to an unreligious person you would choose the first option. At least this way, you can be secure in your deen, and not have daily temptations and hurts. Wouldn't it hurt to have a husband who doesn't even pray 5 times a day! Maybe Allah is protecting you and your deen. Verily, Allah will provide and look after you.

Sister, are you absolutely alone? Don't you have family to take care of you, anyone at all? Remember, Allah is always with you - and how beautiful your heart and soul must be, having Him as your best companion.

I understand its lonely, I understand its painful and difficult. But I think sometimes all we want is for someone to say to us - "you're not alone, and you're doing a good job at being steadfast and being patient, so just hang in there, trust in Allah and things will be okay." So I'm saying these things to you, dear ukhti, and I will pray that Allah end your trial and grant you with what your heart desires. Don't be depressed okay.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

When we make dua we are seeking the protection of Allah. We ask of Him things we need and desire. We can not say He has not answered. I keep thinking about His Attribute of Most Generous.

Sister, we can only see with our eyes and some are lucky enough to see with their hearts. We put limits on what is available that is good.

In all the years of living and reading and seeking knowledge I have learned that His Mercy flows constantly. We have to be receptive to it.

Childbearing age now extends to mid-forties and beyond. If you want marriage seek it out. Put the word out, make intention, and go about your life.

Allah subhana talla has told us He loves us when we call on Him.

Dua is the weapon of believers as we seek help, guidance, love, etc. And the only One who can answer us is Allah, There is no help but Allah.

Look beyond your needs, step outside of yourself and you will see the blessings flow.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, please do not put a limit on when you can marry. You are still young.

Have you tried a matrimonial website. Broaden your search. I mean no disrespect but your father can not know the qualities a man is searching for in a wife. He is your father.

Write the blurb yourself as to what you are seeking and post it! We are no longer confined to our locality. Muslims are world wide.

Have you decided what kind of brother you wish to marry. Remember we are told to be specific when we make dua. I pray this will make you smile. You can select from any continent in the world. You can have a tall one, a skinny one, a fat one, a rich one, a good looking one, a poor one ( takes a lot of patience ), a righteous one, an adventurous one, one who wants a million kids, one that is going to be good to your parents.

I am simply suggesting you start looking and doing the homework!! ( By the way I love wedding cake; so Insha'Allah, in a couple of months you will be mailing me a slice)

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
This is so true....Allah answers prayers, not when we want it but when He wills it. I have been through rough times and Alhamdullilah, He got me through with the power of duaa, it works!

Allah will give you what you ask for, dont look for it, let it come to you. :hearts:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I know I am getting a little on the old side, I know I have written a similar response.

Sister, come on now. Let me make you really laugh. Women of any age want a righteous husband. And yes, women of all ages miss male companionship. We are still women.

I was bored one day. I was playing on the computer when an annoying screen popped up. It was an e-harmony advertisement. ( a match-making company).
I figured hey why not. I took the test. The ads promised they would find a companion; something like a 100% matching rate. When my scores were submitted for a 50 mile radius there was 0 match for a mate for me. I extended the radius to 500 miles 0 match..I kept expanding the parameters until I had 0 matches worldwide.

The gift of life is a process. And we have longings just like everyone else; nothing major or drastic but we long for the simple blessings of life like marriage. And it is normal and correct to wish for that which Allah has told us is halal. However we still need to enjoy the blessings we receive in our lonely state. This moment.

Well enough said. I must do some girly-girl things to remain ever faithful to my dua because as a Believer, I believe, His Word is True and Insha'Allah,I will have a husband.

You just start having fun looking for your husband and I will make dua for you with all my heart, Insha'Allah.

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
the reason to why people fall in despair when they say that our dua is not being answered...

its simply because

the dua they make revolve to much around the dunya (worldly desires) and almost very little concern for the safety and pleasure in the Akhira (hereafter).

Allah(swt) says in Surrah 93. Ad-Dhuha

And the Hereafter is better for you than the first [life].

and remember the favors of Allah upon you..

if one sits and ponders deeply about the favors that Allah has done for him provided that the person is knowledgeable , that person would feel as if he is being "Crushed" as if he is under a mountain..the weight of the amount of favors that Allah has done to him would make him greatly uneasy.

sister2

asalaamulaikum sister

Being in just about the same situation as you, I cried as much for you as I did for myself with your previous post, since the sentiments were such that I may as well have written it myself.

In this post you express the relief that has come with the important realisations you have made, Alhamdulillah. I am pleased that you have been successful that truely accepting your destiny, whatever it may be.

I pray that will feel the same way too. I know that that is the way one should feel, why and all the rest; but knowing how it should be and actualy feeling the same way are not the same thing.

No matter how many times I tell myself or how many times I read anything saying something similar; deep down I still feel dejected and hard-done-by.

Inshallah, I too will one day truely accept the way things are as you have.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, if I have a 20 foot brick wall in front of me..I would find a way to climb over it or tunnel under it. But, that is just me.

Please do not wish for a short life.

Would you be willing to be a second wife?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, first I must admit your honesty is helping many sisters who are in the same boat and do not have the courage to speak openly and honestly.

I am one of those people that drives everyone crazy. I am very optimistic. You are too young to remember the phrase: when the going gets tough the tough get going.

I have always followed my heart. ( I'm a single mom of two teenage sons, who are letting me know they are men and want to be left alone, I am twice divorced).

Have you spoken to the imam's wife. There are always brothers looking for wives in cosmopolitan areas. Why not contact the wives of imams in the major cities.

At a former masjid the sisters got together and tried to marry me to a man in Utah who had six children and a wife in Pakistan, that he spends six months of the year. I could not see myself living in Utah, they are funny about drinking coffee. I told them I do not speak the language. Sometimes we are better alone. Next, they tried to hook me up with a man that was a a little past my age range for a spouse. They were upset when I declined. I told them I still like to drive 100 miles an hour once or twice a year. I felt if I drove 25 miles per hour this gentleman,who has a wife back home, would have a heart attack.

I am simply trying to make you smile.

Somewhere in time, I read that all un-married Muslims will be given spouses in junnath. So there is hope.

And sister, there are many women like me. We are the family. My children and me. We are an unrecognized group of women. I do not need to write in detail how we are treated. We gently support each other in our own ways. We are alone with responsibility. No man wants to bear the burden of another mans responsibility.

And you raise an important question I have been pondering.

If marriage is half our deen..are we going to be incomplete. Are we going to be able to constantly raise our iman. In reality, I know I am probably going to be alone for the rest of my life. How do I complete my deen.

You have touched me greatly; I want you to read a book. It will take all of five minutes. Who moved the cheese. It will help you understand how to tackle the wall. And do let me know.

Abu Ameerah

Salaam, Masha Allah Sister, I was touched because we're on the same boat though we're opposite sex. keep on praying because Allah will definitely hear your prayers. Allah answer our prayers - some gets it instantly in this World, but some didn't because Allah stored it for them in the life hereafter - or sometimes, calamity is supposed to befalls us but because of our prayers, Allah withhold the calamity because we have prayed for Him. We should not not despair because Allah is so Merciful... You're right, may be it is written that you would live your life without your own family in this World, but Allah will give it to you in the eternal life...JUST BE PATIENT...AND HAVE STRONG BELIEF IN ALLAH AND HIS QADAR...Jazakuallaho Khair for posting your story...