I have a project in my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

I hope everything is in the best state of Eeman and health.

Well who dont know me and who know, ive been on this small island called Bonaire [Part of Netherland Antilles] for almost about a year now [ 1 month short].
images

Been studying in medical school and Alhumdulilah everything seems to be going well.
The thing is that there is a beautiful masjid here [ http://www.bonaireislamiccenter.com/ ], Alhumdulilah ive had the pleasure to live in the masjid, there is no imam and the sad thing is rarely anyone comes to the masjid, we have been trying to do so much dawah the best we can especially that we dont speak spanish or dutch which is widely spoken here but it hasn't been very helpful.
There are many muslims here, but they were very very away from deen, alot of them have married into hindu's or other families and have no idea about the deen. I know in their heart they want to know but they just had no one ever tell them; alot of them dont even know the basics. And cuz these ppl great grandfathers were brought as slaves to these carribean countries mostly from india who over time having no religious leader/imam lost touch with deen married into hindus. And not sure how many people here use internet for islam Allahu Alam
ANywayz that aside, next semester is my last month and i really want to give some dawah in their local language thru books.
I am student and in very very tight financial budget :$ unfortunately i have tried these two websites, got some books for free but they went really fast
http://islamunveiled.com/eng/modules.php?name=free_books
http://www.islamic-message.net/cims/default.aspx

I really need some more books to atleast give these ppl a copy of Quran and some other books, especially on how to pray and basic so they know about the deen and they can teach their kids who know nothing either.

So I need my community help again, I want to collect money if everyone is ok with that and buy some books in bulk from http://www.islamicbookstore.com/, or if you can help other way, telling me other way to get free dawah material or if you have any material i could use, Anything is appreciative, but my goal is to collect $500 if everyone agrees and pitch in whatever they can, i'll want to buy:

Quran translation: in Spanish, Dutch
Take material from TTI and make Prayer and Wudu guides
Buy small books for kids to teach them some basics

and InshAllah make the best with the money

So please give me your feedback what does everyone think
JazakAllah khair
:wasalam:
Your Brother in Islam

ammu

salaamualaikum

Dear brother,

I am not in a position too to give you and money but i want to say some thing that Allah sees the intention of people who want to spread his truth to the ignorant. Inshaallah May Allah SWT be pleased with your intention and help you in every possible way. I pray you be successful in your studies and dawah too.

If possible try to search on internet the transaltion of quran in required language.

Dear brother please go to this link may be this can be useful to others living there. .....

Inshaallah my prayers are with you. :tti_sister:

Fiamaanillah
ammu

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Dear brother,

I am not in a position too to give you and money but i want to say some thing that Allah sees the intention of people who want to spread his truth to the ignorant. Inshaallah May Allah SWT be pleased with your intention and help you in every possible way. I pray you be successful in your studies and dawah too.

If possible try to search on internet the transaltion of quran in required language.

Inshaallah my prayers are with you. :tti_sister:

Fiamaanillah
ammu

JazakAllah khair sister,

this means alot , May Allah (swt) reward you - ameen

Alhumdulilah i know many resources online, the only thing is that im not sure how many people are actually able to use this or have used it.
InshAllah thats why im trying to enlighten them with books, they might not read it right away but InshAllah with the will of Allah (swt) one day someone in their household will read it and InshAllah Allah (swt) will guide them towards the deen and they can make a strong foundation in this small island.

: ) JazakAllah khair for the prayers really means alot : )

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum

Alhumdulilah one brother pledged to give $50 dollars, JazakAllah khair,
i still need more please take a lil time to donate even the smallest amount you can cuz that would really help.

may Allah (swt) reward you all in this duniya and aakhira - ameen

ammu

salaamualaikum

Dear brother please visit this site there are books which are according to sunnah of Prophet Mohammed pbuh in every language spanish french english etc....

You can download and make print outs of it

Fiamaanillah

ammu:hijabi:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

Dear brother please visit this site there are books which are according to sunnah of Prophet Mohammed pbuh in every language spanish french english etc....

You can download and make print outs of it

Fiamaanillah

ammu:hijabi:

INshAllah sister, JazakAllah khair : )

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Dawateislami is brevli jamat and does alot of bida'ah and shirk. brother you dont need to read their books . i hope i dont offend any one but they have deviated aqeedah.

SubhanALlah JazakAllah khair for letting me know , yes i agree Brelvi are deviated and I just want to use material that follow Quran and Sunnah InshAllah.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Brother, just a thought - but rather than you handing them some books, do you think it would be better if you hold some sort of presentation and call people over to watch it? That way, it's interactive and live, and they can ask questions? I think if people aren't really interested they wouldn't want to go through the materials in the books.

I pray Allah helps you in your endeavour. Ameen.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

Brother, just a thought - but rather than you handing them some books, do you think it would be better if you hold some sort of presentation and call people over to watch it? That way, it's interactive and live, and they can ask questions? I think if people aren't really interested they wouldn't want to go through the materials in the books.

I pray Allah helps you in your endeavour. Ameen.

sister that a great idea but the problem is their main language is papiminto, while spanish and dutch are spoken as well, i dont speak any of these languages.

In the past we have organized Eid dinner where everyone came but they weren't very beneficial on top of that during jummah we have had someone make khutba to remind them again n again but i feel alot of people are even shy to come to the front since they dont knw anything and dont wnt anyone to judge , 2ndly we dont speak their language to talk to them 1 on 1, so the best thing is give them quran and other books in their language so when word of ALlah (swt) will touch their heart it will make it soft and they would want to come and InshAllah then we can try to have such events where people will be eager to come and we can have some local person who knw a lil about deen and help him teach others.

One main objective is to have a local imam from the community cuz i will leave after some time so will the other brothers who are students as well so we need someone from the local community to step up so far no one has done so but InshAllah my plan is to melt their hearts with the word of Allah (swt) and bring them closer to deen.
And if they dont read it someone in the house will, their wives children, elder who can influence everyone in a good way. Plus its Allah (swt) who guides and nothing is better than the speech of Allah (swt) to bring them to this path inshAllah taa'la.

JazakAllah khair : )

hayat_yahya

Akhi, why don't you request more books from www.islamic-message.net . They can provide many books for free and Qur'an in Dutch and Spanish :inshallah: And their books are reliable. :) Most of the people here are in the same situation as you i.e. struggling financially due to studies of being jobless..

arzafar

what payment methods do you accept?

Also tti forum articles are translated into spanish and dutch. perhaps you should print these articles out and distribute them.

auroran

May Allah reward you for your intentions akhi. May Allah make you one of the dwellers of Jannah Firdows.

Instead of sending copies of the Quran, you can go on Quran Explorer and send this site to them. One of the languages on Quran Explorer is Spanish and although there is no Dutch there is Deutsch which is similar as far as I know, but we don't want them to misinterpret the Quran.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Akhi, why don't you request more books from www.islamic-message.net . They can provide many books for free and Qur'an in Dutch and Spanish :inshallah: And their books are reliable. :) Most of the people here are in the same situation as you i.e. struggling financially due to studies of being jobless..

JazakAllah khair for the advice : ) Alhumdulilah im utilizing all the websites i can but this website in particular only allows 3 books per month and im not here for long enough to get all the books 3 at a time and be able to distribute them.

yea Alhumdulilah i know most people same situation but InshAllah who can they can give and who cant i know my brother and sisters can advice and make dua :) which is really means alot too ,

JazakAllah khair for ur advice sis may Allah (swt) bless you - ameen

hayat_yahya

JazakAllah khair for the advice : ) Alhumdulilah im utilizing all the websites i can but this website in particular only allows 3 books per month and im not here for long enough to get all the books 3 at a time and be able to distribute them.

yea Alhumdulilah i know most people same situation but InshAllah who can they can give and who cant i know my brother and sisters can advice and make dua :) which is really means alot too ,

JazakAllah khair for ur advice sis may Allah (swt) bless you - ameen
wa iyak akhi :)

This website http://islamic-message.net/cims/default.aspx has an "Islamic Caller" section, check it for they provide plenty of dawah materials for the ones like you, willing to help others.

Ameen to your duaa' and may Allah reward you abundantly for your kindness ameen.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

May Allah reward you for your intentions akhi. May Allah make you one of the dwellers of Jannah Firdows.

Instead of sending copies of the Quran, you can go on Quran Explorer and send this site to them. One of the languages on Quran Explorer is Spanish and although there is no Dutch there is Deutsch which is similar as far as I know, but we don't want them to misinterpret the Quran.

ameen

:) ALhumdulilah good advice, the reality is that there are not just 1 but many many maybe in the hundreds of website where you can read Quran but no one takes the step, if i just give them a piece of paper telling them a website it wont make any impact on them so thats why this is needed and its easier to read a book then sit and stare at the screen for many hours, plus this book can benefit the whole household.

I would of gave money but I'm broke sorry :S

:salam2: Alhumdulilah no prb at all May Allah (swt) reward you for ur intention :) and remember me in ur duas please JazakAllah khair

wa iyak akhi

This website http://islamic-message.net/cims/default.aspx has an "Islamic Caller" section, check it for they provide plenty of dawah materials for the ones like you, willing to help others.

Ameen to your duaa' and may Allah reward you abundantly for your kindness ameen.

yes Alhumdulilah i already checked that they have nice guides on how to pray and do wudu as well MashAllah which will be really helpful :)

JazakAllah khair for the reminder :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum,

Also, another Question

Does anyone know of a place where i can order quran and other books in bulk for a good price?

JazakAllah khair

Status
Not open for further replies.