Confusion

Wulf

I am somewhat confused concerning some aspects of islam.

Over the last few months I have looked at some aspects of Islam, some of which apear, to me anyway, contradictory.

For instance, what are the differences between Sunni, Shea, and Ahmadiyah.
Maybe someone out there can enlighten me?

NaXuS

Over the last few months I have looked at some aspects of Islam, some of which apear, to me anyway, contradictory.

Regarding sects in Islam ,i believe
Islam is the main language n those sects r just its dialects but off course the primary language is just better.

I believe the same regarding the different race,origins,countries n languages.Where ever there is a Muslim he is just a dialect of the main Islam.May be he is very near to the prime language but the perfection of that language was confined in one single person known to the world as Mohammed PBUH.

I hope u understand wut i have wrote but if u cant then dont worry.There r peoples here who may understand ur dialect more than me.

Patience is the key ,it never come easy.It takes time.

Best of luck.............

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Brother Robin,

Actually its about Islam and not about Muslims. Now a days Muslims are in miserable condition in the world just because of the distance from the Islamic teachings. So in the same context they have different sects due to the misinterpretations and distance from the God's Message. But anyone who wants to learn about Islam and the way of Prophet, he can very easily study and understand by himself. That is why, Quran has been guaranteed by Allah SWT that it will never ever be changed. And Praise to be Allah, Quran has not been changed even by a single alphabet.

There always had been apostates against the message of God and mininterpreters also. Evil can never finish in the world and so misunderstandings also. But Truth is there unaltered and open for the person who seeks with true intention to create a relationship between him and the God.

The resources I refered you in my post to your last thread, please have a look at them. There is no Ahmadi, Sunni or shia thing in those resources. If you gradually learn Islam from basics then its better, otherwise you might jump to false conclusions.

May Allah help you.

Bye.
VE

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Dear Mr Wulf!

I will let other brothers and sisters give more intellectual and detailed response. I will only tell you a few simple words regarding your confusion.

The very fundamental basis of Islam is those words which if recited by mouth and believed by heart makes a person "Muslim". The words are: "La ilah illa allah, muhammad-ur-rasullullah" it means: " There is no god, but Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of Allah"

If any belief or idealogy is contradicting these teachings is not Islam, but man made.

So, in reference to the above two facts, the book of Allah (Quran) and the sunnah (actions and words) of Muhammad is Islam. Anything that teaches otherwise, is not.

And as another brother said earlier, Quran is preserved by Allah, so if you see or hear anything which contradicts Quran, leave it.

I hope that helps

Take Care

Globalpeace

Banned
Follow Islam!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Masha'Allah more knowledgable Brothers/Sisters have given their opinion on this matter.

I think you need to distinguish between Muslims & Islam.

Islam doesn't mention the names that you have described anywhere let alone condone or encourage splitting.

You embrace Islam and follow it in its original purest form, its teachings & its doctrines.

Actions of Muslims (unfortunately) may or may not represent Islam; hence your confusion.

hafz

differences in sects

The ahmediyya are non muslim.They believe in another prophet called mirza Ahmed Qadiyyani.This fitnah started in indo-pak suncontinent by the British when they were in India. Mirza became an alim with my husband's great uncle.He was approached by the British to start a new religion and was offered alot of land and money in return.He accepted and asked my husbands uncle to join him.My husband's great uncle declined and said he had not studied so hard for so many years to sell his religion for a small price.
Mirza claimed he was a prophet, then claimed he was isa a.s etc.He even wrote his own book.The qadiyanni's still get alot of support from western govt's and poor people are given regular money to became qadiyyani/ahmeddi.
Remember the prophet s.a.w said no new prophets would come after him and that he was the seal of the prophethood.
The shia and sunni is a different fitnah that goes way back to the time of the Prophet s.a.w's demise.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

How are you friend .I hope you are fine and the best of health.

Thanks for your question. And feel free to ask more.

The differences between sunni ,shia and Ahmadiyah.

Sunni:- are sect/group of muslims who follow sunnah(the traditions of the Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and the Quran.

Shia:-are sect/group of muslims who claim that Caliph Ali should have been successor of the Preophet Mohammad(PBUH) after Prophet death death .Because they(shia's) reason that Ali was related(by blood) to the Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) .But majority of muslims who are Sunni say that Caliph Abubakar was the right successor of the Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) because caliph Abubakar was choosen by the people at that time to succeed the Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and also he was always with the Prophet most of time.But caliph Ali didnt complain that caliph Abubakar is the successor of the Prophet,why not him.

Ahmadiyah:-To my understand .Is a name given by non-muslim(mostly Christians) to muslims .Because they worship Christ(Jesus)PBUH) and they called themselves ''christians'' and they think muslims worship Mohammad and they call them Ahmadiya.Another name of Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) is Ahmad.
But muslims they dont worship Mohammad(PBUH) but they regard him as the Messenger,Apostle,,servant,slave of Allah(GOD) as the other prophets ha d the same mission as Adam,Abraham,Moses, Noah,David,Solomon,Ismael,Jesus and Mohammad(peace of God be unto them all).Their mission is to liberate their people were sent for,from Hellfire and show the the right path.Since prophet Mohammad(PBUH) is the last and seal of the prophrets we ragard him as our prophets because no new prophet will come.As Jesus came before Mohammad(Peace be upon them) and he was sent to the lost ship of Israelis(according to the Bible)

I hope I have answer your question to my ability i was given by Almight Allah.

Globalpeace

Banned
Sects & Islam!

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Masha'Allah for making this point.

The foundation is beleif in one ALLAH beleif in Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) being the Last & Final messenger.

Islam doesn't encourage or condone Sects! People have divided into sects on their free will. This happens in all religions as we see in that Musa (AS) went to the mountain & his followers started worshipping the "Golden Calf".

Musa (AS) NEVER taught them to worship the golden calf but they decided to deviate from the teachings & go away from worshipping one Allah; so the followers were divided into 3 sects:

1) One who continued to worship one Allah (SWT) & wanted to fight the ones that started worshipping the Golden Calf

2) One who continued to worship one Allah (SWT) but didn;t want to fight the ones that started worshipping the Golden Calf and wanted to delay the matter till Musa (AS) came back

3) The ones who started worshipping the Golden Calf

If someone was to ask why Musa (AS)'s doctrine & religion has 3 sects?

The correct answer would have been that its not Musa (AS); its the people who divided into 3 sects!

Similarly Islam doesn't have sects; Muslims do out of ignorance...

This is a very common question asked by many Non-Muslims & here is the answer:

Source: http://www.irf.net/irf/dtp/dawah_tech/mcqnm17.htm

Question:

When all the Muslim follow one and the same Qur’an then why are there so many sects and different schools of thoughts among Muslims?

Answer:

1. Muslims Should be United

It is a fact that Muslims today, are divided amongst themselves. The tragedy is that such divisions are not endorsed by Islam at all. Islam believes in fostering unity amongst its followers.

The Glorious Qur’an says:

"And hold fast,
All together, by the rope
Which Allah (stretches out for you),
and be not divided among yourselves;"
[Al-Qur’an 3:103]

Which is the rope of Allah that is being referred to in this verse? It is the Glorious Qur’an. The Glorious Qur’an is the rope of Allah which all Muslims should hold fast together. There is double emphasis in this verse. Besides saying ‘hold fast all together’ it also says, ‘be not divided’.

Qur’an further says,

"Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger"
[Al-Qur’an 4:59]

All the Muslim should follow the Qur’an and authentic Ahadith and be not divided among themselves.

2. It is Prohibited to make sects and divisions in Islam

The Glorious Qur’an says:

"As for those who divide
Their religion and break up
Into sects, thou hast
No part in them in the least:
Their affair is with Allah:
He will in the end
Tell them the truth
Of all that they did."
[Al-Qur’an 6:159]

In this verse Allah (swt) says that one should disassociate oneself from those who divide their religion and break it up into sects.

But when one asks a Muslim, "who are you?", the common answer is either ‘I am a Sunni, or ‘I am a Shia’. Some call themselves Hanafi, or Shafi or Maliki or Humbali. Some say ‘I am a Deobandi’, while some others say ‘I am a Barelvi’.

3. Our Prophet was a Muslim

One may ask such Muslims, "Who was our beloved prophet (pbuh)? Was he a Hanafi or a Shafi, or a Humbali or a Maliki?" No! He was a Muslim, like all the other prophets and messengers of Allah before him.

It is mentioned in chapter 3 verse 52 of Al-Qur’an that Jesus (pbuh) was a Muslim.

Further, in chapter 3 verse 67, Al-Qur’an says that Ibrahim (pbuh) was not a Jew or a Christian but was a Muslim.

4. Qur’an says call yourselves Muslim

If anyone poses a Muslim the question who are you, he should say "I am a MUSLIM, not a Hanafi or a Shafi". Surah Fussilat chapter 41 verse 33 says
"Who is better in speech
Than one who calls (men)
To Allah, works righteousness,
And says, ‘I am of those
Who bow in Islam (Muslim)?’ "
[Al-Qur’an 41:33]

The Qur’an says "Say I am of those who bow in Islam". In other words, say, "I am a Muslim".

The Prophet (pbuh) dictated letters to non-Muslim kings and rulers inviting them to accept Islam. In these letters he mentioned the verse of the Qur’an from Surah Ali Imran chapter 3 verse 64:
Say ye: "Bear witness
That we (at least)
Are Muslims (bowing
To Allah’s Will)."
[Al-Qur’an 3:64]

5. Respect all the Great Scholars of Islam

We must respect all the great scholars of Islam, including the four Imaams, Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Shafi, Imam Humbal and Imam Malik (may Allah be pleased with them all). They were great scholars and may Allah reward them for their research and hardwork. One can have no objection if someone agrees with the views and research of Imam Abu Hanifa or Imam Shafi, etc. But when posed a question, ‘who are you?’, the reply should only be ‘I am a Muslim’.

Some may argue by quoting the hadith of our beloved Prophet from Sunan Abu Dawood Hadith No. 4579. In this hadith the prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said, "My community will be split up into seventy-three sects."

This hadith reports that the prophet predicted the emergence of seventy-three sects. He did not say that Muslims should be active in dividing themselves into sects. The Glorious Qur’an commands us not to create sects. Those who follow the teachings of the Qur’an and Sahih Hadith, and do not create sects are the people who are on the true path.

According to Tirmidhi Hadith No. 171, the prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said, "My Ummah will be fragmented into seventy-three sects, and all of them will be in Hell fire except one sect." The companions asked Allah’s messenger which group that would be. Where upon he replied, "It is the one to which I and my companions belong."

The Glorious Qur’an mentions in several verses, "Obey Allah and obey His Messenger". A true Muslim should only follow the Glorious Qur’an and the Sahih Hadith. He can agree with the views of any scholar as long as they conform to the teachings of the Qur’an and Sahih Hadith. If such views go against the Word of Allah, or the Sunnah of His Prophet, then they carry no weight, regardless of how learned the scholar might be.

If only all Muslims read the Qur’an with understanding and adhere to Sahih Hadith, Inshallah most of these differences would be solved and we could be one united Muslim Ummah

The ahmediyya are non muslim.They believe in another prophet called mirza Ahmed Qadiyyani.This fitnah started in indo-pak suncontinent by the British when they were in India. Mirza became an alim with my husband's great uncle.He was approached by the British to start a new religion and was offered alot of land and money in return.He accepted and asked my husbands uncle to join him.My husband's great uncle declined and said he had not studied so hard for so many years to sell his religion for a small price.
Mirza claimed he was a prophet, then claimed he was isa a.s etc.He even wrote his own book.The qadiyanni's still get alot of support from western govt's and poor people are given regular money to became qadiyyani/ahmeddi.
Remember the prophet s.a.w said no new prophets would come after him and that he was the seal of the prophethood.
The shia and sunni is a different fitnah that goes way back to the time of the Prophet s.a.w's demise.

mas51

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Asslamo Allaikum every one

thank you Global peace i think your speak is clear.
i hope to see the day that all Muslims represent the Islam as
the holy Quran and Mohammed PBUH instructions,even myself
:astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag:

there are nothing like sects in islam.

islam is one.
la ilaha illallahu muhammadur rasuullah.

so whatever people want to called them self as shia or ahmadiya they have nothing to do with islam.

Prophet Mohammad (prbuh) never talked about those sects.

and they have also no evidence about the pillar of their believes.

Wulf

Thank You

I wish to thank everyone who has contributed to answering my question.

I have read every posting and every link. Of course there were some words and names that I did not at first understand, but thankfully Google is of great help.

I find that in reading the links they, in many instances, describe my own way of life. I have always acknowledged that there is but one God. I left the church before Ordination because I could not accept the Deification of Jeshua bar Joseph or his Mother, The kissing of Icons or Statues, or even the Bible. I found my teachers to be in error concerning the Commandments in these matters.

All things considered I feel that I must now speak with an Imaan and obtain a copy of the Qur'an, but a translation that is the closest as possible to the original. I am not sure that I would be able, at my age, to learn the Arabic. It's hard enough to pronounce, no offence intended.
I will be back again to read and learn.

Thank you once again.
May the peace and Love of Allah be with you all.

Globalpeace

Banned
Online Qur'aan

Hey,

No offense at all, it was a pleasure!

Check out this site...

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

I wish to thank everyone who has contributed to answering my question.

I have read every posting and every link. Of course there were some words and names that I did not at first understand, but thankfully Google is of great help.

I find that in reading the links they, in many instances, describe my own way of life. I have always acknowledged that there is but one God. I left the church before Ordination because I could not accept the Deification of Jeshua bar Joseph or his Mother, The kissing of Icons or Statues, or even the Bible. I found my teachers to be in error concerning the Commandments in these matters.

All things considered I feel that I must now speak with an Imaan and obtain a copy of the Qur'an, but a translation that is the closest as possible to the original. I am not sure that I would be able, at my age, to learn the Arabic. It's hard enough to pronounce, no offence intended.
I will be back again to read and learn.

Thank you once again.
May the peace and Love of Allah be with you all.

TolgaHan

Wisdom. Learning Arabic

Es Salaam dear Wulf,

Elhamdulillah you have answered to the calling of Islam, inshAllah.

About learning Arabic to read the Qur'an, Allah never gives us a weight we can not carry. Many things can be achieved, with the wil of Allah if you take the first step.

"Wisdom” is randomly used to express intelligence, smartness etc. Yet, none of these meanings bear any similarity whatsoever to the word´s actual meaning in the Qur’an. In its real sense, wisdom is a favour granted exclusively to believers. Contrary to the prevalent conviction, it does not remain constant; it changes depending upon the strength of personal faith. Wisdom is a divine guide for the soul; displaying a righteous attitude and conduct to earn the pleasure of Allah, observing Allah’s limits, obeying the commandments of Allah, distinguishing good from evil, conducting oneself in the best possible way, giving the best decisions to attain the hereafter-all these become possible through wisdom.

To read and understand the Qur'an in Arabic is really something else, a translation of the Qur'an, in any language, is merely a 'translation'.

I live in the Netherlands but my origin is Turkish, for me to read while I understand Arabic Qur'an is more beautiful than to read a translation of the Qur'an in Dutch, English or Turkish.

InshAllah you will take the step to learn Arabic.

Najmoen

Be not divided!

Asallamu Alaykum brother Wulf.

I thank you for your question but before I answer it, may I ask; Are you a Muslim revert or are a non Muslim? Many has raised this question before, but not to receive or be satisfied by the answer but rather to create discord amongst unsuspecting Muslims, about how divided Muslims are, however I hope your question is sincere.
First and foremost I wish to quote a portion of a verse in Surah Al -E-Imran Verse 103 then explain further.

Biesmiellahi Raghmaan Nir Raheem ( In the Name of Allah the Benifiecent the Merciful)

وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلا تَفَرَّقُوا وَاذْكُرُوا نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ
Wa 'Atasimoo bihablillahi jamee'An wa laa tafarraqoo wa othkuroo ni'AmatAllahi 'Aalaykum...

And hold fast, all together, by the rope (Qur'an) which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; .....

This is what Qur'an says, restated, this is what Islam says. However, those Muslims that diverted from this ayaat and as such mainstream Islam has been labeled with numerous labels amongst which are Sunni, Shia, Maliki, Wahabi, Ahmadiyah, etc...

By way of an analogy, it would be easier to explain as well as easier to relate to: So; During the times of Nabie Moosa and Nabie Esa, there were numerous religious sects or groups amongst the Jews, viz: the Suddacees, Pharasees, Essene, etc...
The Pharasees where the priestly class, those who professed to follower the Torah and the Talmud and the Kaballa (analagous of Sunni). The Suddacees (analagous of Shia) accepted the Torah only and rejected the Talmud and the Kaballa as spurious literature. Whereas the Essene (Tabliegh) believes in the books and practiced it in there daily lives. Each of these groups eventhough all professed Judaism, they were constantly at loggerheads with one another because of certain extremes practices and as such had personaility clashes amongst one another. Having said this, This is a reflection of the adherants (Followers) and not the Religion.

Sunni Muslims
As mentioned in Judaism, in Islam you have the Sunni Muslims who accept Qur'an as revelation as divine, the prophethood and the Sunnah of Nabie Mohammad (SAW) thus the ahadith narated by his wifes and companions as captured by Sahih Al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan Abu Dawood , Tirmithi, Ibn Maja etc. They believe in Laa Iellaha Iellalah Muhammad dur Rasool-Allah, they perform namaaz, suam, sadaqah and go for hadj, belief in day of Judgement and life after death. They belief in the prophets of the Old Testament and the New Testament as mentioned in Qur'an and their books. They make no distictions amongst the prophets. Sunni muslims do not have sect but there is a group that feel they need to live the Qur'an dailly called the Tabligh but fall into the Sunni domain.. Sunni Muslims constitute the largest portion of the Muslims globally and as such is considered mainstream Islam. These are on gudance from their Lord. ----reminder TTI is a Sunni Muslim site.

Shias
The Shias are, a minority group who accept Qur'an as revelation, yet have reservations of certain ayaat relating to Nabie Muahammad (SAW) and belief that Ali should have been his chosen successor. They are further subdivided into even small groups all having conficting beliefs with mainstream Shiaism, amongst which are the Ismailii sect, Zaidii sect etc...and their Kalima is Laa-iellaha-illalaa-Ali-wa-'alee-Allah. Thus Sunni Muslims baulk at this as blasphemous and label them as Kafir (non believers). The Shias understand that Nubuwwah ended with Muhammad (SAW) but say Imamah (caliphate) started with Ali. They believe that the Caliphate must be led by one of the infallible Imaams - decendents from the blood line of Ali. They even belief with the splitting of the moon, the other half fell into Alli's backyard. Shia doctrine heavily conflicts with the Sunni Muslims because they reject the authentic ahadith such as Sahih Al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan Abu Dawood or others. According to Shia doctrine, the majority of the sahaba were liars and apostates.

So, if their kalima is different and they somewhat reject Nabie Muhammad (SAW), have issues with the ahadith, can they be classified as Muslim?

Ahmediyya
Ahmediyya is another minority sect who accept Qur'an as divine revelation, but don't accept everything in it, especially that its not possible for ones life to already have been decided before one lives it. They make distinctions amongst the prophets, and claim affinity to Nabie Esa (AS). They accept the Sunnah, books of ahadith and the prophethood of Nabie Muhammad (SAW), but not as the final prophet. Mirza Ghullam Ahmed of Qadiyyan declared himself a prophet, as Jesus in his second coming. He claimed that he has come to destroy Dajal, but during "his mission" he died whilst sitting in the loo doing a download. Some say he adopted the name Achmad contracted from the word حَمْدُ (praise) which are the roots of Muhammad, مُحَمَّدٌ but this may just be coincidental, implying Achmad (Ahmediyya) believers in Achmad, like some people call Muslims believers in Mohammad (Mohammidins)

So, if they reject Nabie Muammad as the fianl prophet, and accept as prophet some dude whose ears where whispered into by Shaytaan, can they be classified as Muslim?

Qur'an is a guidance for the Mutaqeen, (those who believe in Allah, are steadfast in prayer, believe in the prophets the books, believing in the day of judgement, pay their poor due) anyone not fully adhering to its tennets are borderline case Muslims, for them there is much tawbah to be make. For those who reject any part of Qur'an for them there is a grievious punishment and for those who play fast and loose with Qur'an and sunnah for them there is Jahanam to abide therein forever.

Based on this, only the Sunni group qualify as Muslims.

Allah wa alam
:salam2:

Wulf

Najmoen. Salaam

Thank for your words. I assure you that i have no intention to cause any harm or dissention to any person.
I have lived in societies where religious conflict exists and have seen how such is counter productive to the peace and harmony of others. I have witnessed the deaths of others in the name of God and must confess that I have wept at the futility of it all.
I have often posed the question to others, "If God is the true personification of Love, how can one hold hatred in his heart and still claim to be of God?"

For me hatred is the realm of the Shaitan, violence is his tool and the weak are his instruments of destruction. Such crimminals use the name of God to justify their actions, spreading the doctrine of hatred, dissention and violence among the unwary. They corrupt the the innocent, turning the seekers of truth away from the face of Allah.

This is why, before I make a commitment, I must ask the hard questions. Only through knowledge can one find the truth.

Thank you once again.

Robin (Wulf)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

We must Stick to the Book of Allah the Quran, the Sunnah of his Messenger :saw: (the hadith).. with understanding of the Salaf-us-Salih (the Pious Predecessors).
there are two good threads which are in this Forum.

Following the right way

The Correct Creed

the Path of the Saved Sect

Remember Islam is based on Quran and Sunnah with Understanding of the Pious Predecessors. This is in accordance with the verses from the Quran, and the Hadith of the Prophet:saw:

As for sects, then this is something that is apparent and is an unfortunate circumstance of our Ummah. To deny the existance of sects is lunacy and ignorance. The Prophet :saw: himself said that the Ummah will be split into sects and that all of them will be in the hellfire except one>

"And this Ummah will divide into seventy-three sects all of which except one will go to Hell and they (i.e. the Saved Sect) are those who are upon what I and My Companions are upon (i.e. those who follow My Way and the Way of my Companions.)"
[Reported by at-Tirmidhee - Hasan]

-----------------
It is the Muslim’s duty to follow the truth and to join the victorious group, the people of Sunnah and Jamaa’ah (Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah) who are followers of the pious predecessors (al-salaf al-saalih), loving them for the sake of Allaah whether they are in his own country or elsewhere, and cooperating with them in righteousness.

The attributes of the victorious group are related in a number of saheeh ahaadeeth, for example:
The Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said: “My ummah is an ummah which carries out the commands of Allaah; those who let them down or differ from them do not harm them and they will keep adhering to this path until the Day of Judgement.”

Mu‘aawiyah and ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with them) reported that the Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said: ‘A group of my ummah will continue victoriously adhering to the truth until the Last Hour begins.’”

Al-Mugheerah ibn Shu‘bah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah :saw: (peace be upon him) say: “Some people of my ummah will remain victorious over the people until the decree of Allaah reaches them.”

‘Imraan ibn Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said: “A group of my ummah will continue fighting for the truth, and will prevail over those who oppose them, until the last of them will kill al-Maseekh al-Dajjaal (the Liar or Anti-Christ).”

From these ahaadeeth we may understand the following:
(1) The Prophet’s words “A group of my ummah will continue . . .” indicate that this is a section of the ummah, not the entire ummah. This also indicates that there will be other groups and sects.
(2) His words “those who oppose them will not harm them” indicate that there will be other groups who oppose the victorious group in the way they practice the religion. This also concurs with the hadeeth which describes the ummah being divided into seventy-two groups or sects who oppose the one group that is following the truth.
(3) Both ahaadeeth offer glad tidings to the people who are following the truth. The hadeeth that speaks of the victorious group speaks of their victory in this world.
(4) The words “until the decree of Allaah reaches them” refer to the wind or breeze that will come and take the soul of every believing man and woman. This does not contradict the hadeeth “A group of my ummah will remain victoriously supporting the truth until the Day of Resurrection,” because that hadeeth means that they will continue to follow the truth until that gentle breeze takes their souls just before the Day of Resurrection, when many other Signs of the Last Hour have already manifested themselves.

The characteristics of the victorious group
From the ahaadeeth quoted above, and other reports, we can derive the following characteristics of the victorious group:
(1) They follow the truth. They are described variously as “following the truth,” “following the commandments of Allaah,” “following the true religion,” etc.
All of these phrases indicate that they are adhering to the true religion with which Muhammad :saw: (peace be upon him) was sent.
(2) They obey the commandments of Allaah, which means:
(a) They are distinguished from the rest of mankind by carrying the banner of Da’wah towards Allaah.
(b) They undertake the mission of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil.
(3) They will be victorious until the Last Hour.
The ahaadeeth say that “they will be victorious until the decree of Allaah comes,” “they victoriously support the truth,” or “they will be victorious over those who oppose them.”
This victory includes:
  1. Being open and not hiding: they are well-known and prominent and have the upper hand.​
  1. Adherence to true religion, righteousness, following Allaah’s commands and fighting against His enemies in jihaad​
  1. Victory by defeating others​
(4) They are patient and resist others with patience.
Abu Tha‘labah al-Khashani (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said: “After you there will come days of patience, in which the patience required will be like having to hold a burning coal in one’s hand.”

Who are the people of the victorious sect?
Al-Bukhaari said: “They are the people of knowledge (the scholars).”

Many scholars said that the victorious group is the scholars of hadeeth.
Al-Nawawi said: “It is possible that this group is scattered among all types of believers. Some may be brave fighters, or fuqahaa’, or scholars of hadeeth, or ascetics, or people who enjoin good and forbid evil, and other types of good people.”

Al-Nawawi also said: “It could be a group of different types of believers, including those who are brave and skilled in warfare, faqeehs, scholars of hadeeth, Qur’aanic commentators (mufassireen), those who enjoin good and forbid evil, ascetics and devoted worshippers.”

Ibn Hajar, may Allaah have mercy on him, explained the matter as follows: “They do not have to all be in one city; they could be gathered in one country or dispersed across the world. They may be gathered in one city or in a part of it. It is possible that one group may exist, then disappear, then be replaced by another group, and so on, until the Day of Judgement, when all will disappear except for one group in one city, who will disappear when the breeze decreed by Allaah comes.”

The scholars’ discussion of this group does not specify one type of people, or one city or country, except for the last group, which will be in al-Shaam (the territory comprising modern-day Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine) and will fight the Dajjaal, as the Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said.
No doubt those who are involved with the sciences of sharee’ah – ‘aqeedah, fiqh, hadeeth and tafseer, studying and teaching – are the people who are most qualified to be called the Victorious Group, and they should be at the forefront of da’wah and jihaad, and enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, and refuting the people of bid’ah, all of which must be accompanied with sound knowledge based on the Wahy (Revelation).
-------------------------------------------------------

We call ourselves Muslims and we encourage cooperation and love in our Ummah, at same time we can further describe ourselves as following the Sunni way or the methodology of the Salaf (pious predecessors). These simply are descriptions. Meaning, that we follow the Quran, Sunnah and way of the pious predecessors. - This is in accordance with the verses from the Quran and the Sahih Hadith and is a view shared by the Companions of the Prophet, the first few generations of Muslims and the greatest scholars of Islam.

Because, at the time of the Prophet :saw: it was evident that they were all Muslims and if they differed in anything, they would go back to the Prophet :saw:

Islam is always protected, and as the hadith above showed, there is always one group of people that is upon the Truth. Of course, No Muslim says they are perfect, so may Allah make us amongst those who are rightly guided.