How do you do it?

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
:salam2:

How do you maintain your level of imaan? I remember the times when I would get tearful at the thought of missing a prayer, yet now I don't give it a second thought. I find it so difficult to have that same motivation, the same drive to please Allah swt, as I did a few years ago. Whats wrong with me? Is this common?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I'd think it is - some sisters were discussing this a while back, and it seems it's quite common. People have dips in their imaan now and then, probably when we get distracted by the dunya. In my own experience, I think the best way to get it back is to read some good articles, watch lectures, read Quran and *really* ponder over it's meaning. And remember death often - because that's an eye opener. Look at all the people suffering in the world these days. For those who were muslims, who knows how many of them used to think - "I'll focus on my Islam tomorrow, or from next week." But then, for them next week didn't come. So think of each day is your last, and try to do your best.

I know, I struggle with this same problem myself too. Sometimes it gets tough when you're around non-muslims a lot, or even non-practicing muslims. Because you see them having a good time all the time without a care in the world, and you want to have a share in their joy too, right? But remember, we need to make it a priority to please Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'ala first and foremost.

Another point is - try and think back - what gave you that level of imaan in the past? Try and recreate that situation, and see if it has the same effect? It should. Because it was your past.

Ah, I don't know if I'm helping out, sis. Also, make dua! That always helps!

Joanna-Aisha

Wa alykoum el salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :)

First of all, May Allah (swt) increase your eeman and let you always follow the right path. Ameen.

Sis, I think it's the matter of excitement. When you converted to islam it was sth new, mysterious and sth u have to work on. Now, it's close to ur heart and it's a part of ur daily routine.

I think Sister Tabassum07 is right. U need to read more articles, books, contemplate the Quran and spend more time with sociable and wise sisters in islam.
Also memorization of the Quran is very satisfying and rewarding.
Try to pray when u hear Athan or not later than Iqama (the last call for teh prayer).
Make wudu before every prayer and also before sleeping.
Try to offer sunnah prayers and voluntary fasting with intension to increase ur eeman, inshaAllah :)

Don't worry, u'll get back on your islamic track :p InshaAllah. Just try to change your daily routine and yes, remember the Day of Judgement....

Take care