Colleagues at work

sal12

Assalamu alaykum,

Hope you're all ok! Was just wondering, has anyone here had an experience in which you did not like the people that you were working with? The job was good it was just the people? If so, what did you do? Did you leave or did you stay and deal with it?

Ma'asalama

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Here's what usually works for me:

1. Pray istikhara.
2. Act.

Trust in Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to guide you towards what's best. Remember, He doesn't give you a burden you can't handle. Ask for His guidance and pray that He makes your work easy for you.

Everytime I wanted to walk out of work, I'd pray istikhara. SubhanAllah, something would always end up making me stay. I trusted in Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and trusted that there was benefit in it even though I didn't know what it was. I can't begin to tell you how right that inclination was.

Unless it's a no brainer and you really feel there's no benefit in staying. Then feel free to hightail it out of there if you feel it's the best course of action.

Just remember to ask for His Guidance before you do. :)

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

If you like the job than nothing can stop you the crux is how you deal with bad people at work or people who don't like you to succeed. There are books on this topic how to deal with bad employees or a bad boss etc. Believe if you can learn to deal with these people then your a sure shot to be a manager.

aisha16

I would keep the job. Not a lot of people are employed nowadays so you should be lucky right? If the people are the problem learn to love them lol..no but seriously learn to communicate with them better I suppose hope that was helpful sister.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

we cannot give a blanket answer to it. this matter is not black and white sister. it depends on the opportunities and circumstances.

if someone is not really in need of finance or have another option to choose he/she can leave the job. but if he/she is goin thru financial difficulties or have no job opening in view.....then there is not much to decide.

1. make duas to Allah to change their wrong attitude towards you.
eg. Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja’altahu sahla, wa ‘anta taj-alul hazna izha shi’ta sahla

O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will

2. try to check what are the matters by which they are not friendly to you. if they are permissible and possible for you to change, you try for it.

may Allah help you and ease your difficulties. ameen

sal12

Assalamu alykum,

Jazakallahu khay to all of you who replied! You didn't answer my question but you gave me a lot of advice which I am genuinely thankful for! I won't go into detail what the issue is but I have already made my mind up and I will be leaving insha'allah.

I don't want to do istikhara as I really really really want to leave. I know there are thousands of people unemployed and unable to find a job and I will be part of that statistic soon but all I can do is pray to Allah so that I'm not part of it for long.

And by the way I am already a supervisor but I now know that it's not for me. It's all about experience! Alhamdulillah I know what kind of job I want and will strive to get a job in that particular field insha'allah.

Thanks again! Ma'saalama