Hadith of slave girl "fi"

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah.
I am extremely confused. SoubhanAllah.

There is a hadith of the slave girl and she was brought to the Nabi (alayhis salatu wa salam) and he (alayhis salatu wa salam) asked her, "Where is Allah?"
She replied "fi saamaaa" and then asked "Who am I?" she replied "anta rasoolAllah"

Now what I am confused about is all the shaykhs saying that "Fi samaaa" means above the heavens? I asked an arabic speaking person what fi samaa means and he said "In the sky" But the shaykhs are saying Allah is not in his creation? Can someone clarify this? Maybe fi also means Above?

If it doesn't mean above the heavens why does bilal philips yusuf estes, a lot of websites say that it means that ?
Shokran

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

brother, may Allah reward you for your intentions to keep your beliefs (aqeedah) pure and straight.

1. Allah is above His heavens over His Arsh. He is separate and unlike His creation. this is the belief of all the ahlus sunnah ulama. (scholars of people of Quran and sunnah).

2. here *fis sama* doesnt mean in the sky but actually above the sky just as in Quran, chapter 20, verse 71, *fi* doesnt mean in the wood but on the wood.

Quran: [20:71] walaosallibannakum fee juthooAAi alnnakhli walataAAlamunna ayyuna ashaddu AAathaban waabqa

He said, "...I will crucify you on the palm trunks...."

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
:wasalam:,

brother, may Allah reward you for your intentions to keep your beliefs (aqeedah) pure and straight.

1. Allah is above His heavens over His Arsh. He is separate and unlike His creation. this is the belief of all the ahlus sunnah ulama. (scholars of people of Quran and sunnah).

2. here *fis sama* doesnt mean in the sky but actually above the sky just as in Quran, chapter 20, verse 71, *fi* doesnt mean in the wood but on the wood.

Quran: [20:71] walaosallibannakum fee juthooAAi alnnakhli walataAAlamunna ayyuna ashaddu AAathaban waabqa

He said, "...I will crucify you on the palm trunks...."

Thanks for replying, BarakAllahu feekum.
So the word fi has more then 1 meaning. So that hadith itself is somewhat ambiguous without the Quran and other hadith to prove Allah ta'ala is above the throne Outside the creation..
anyways jazakallahu khair, the arabic speaker i asked i guess wasn't too well schooled in arabic, Allahu alaam

salamu alaikum.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I read about this in one of Islamic Online University's modules - they have an entire chapter on this topic - the hadith mentioned is explained further by saying that the girl said "Above the sky." which proves that she was true on her faith, because a lot of the pagan people of the time believed that Allah was everywhere, in creation, etc.