Manning the dawah table today!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Today was a very busy day. The da'es today were myself and two others, one brother and one young sister.

We had many folks come to the table, and I did most of the talking. The older bro. who was in charge has asked me to come back; he said not every day, as that would burn anyone out, but every other day.

This time we had one or two who wanted to get political, and one said that the Qur'an lied about Jesus s.a.w. but he wasn't interested in hearing about it.

We had one young man who is close to shahadah - I got his contact info and will put him in touch with a local masjid. Most likely I will meet him there, as most of the masajid here in Sacramento don't bother answering their phones or emails. Also one man who turned out to be a Christian minister walked away with a Qur'an and brochures about Islam.

It was a good day, and I am beat.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

mashallah akhi.this is good:)may ALLAH sobhanuhu wa taa'la grant you high for your efforts.....

i remember reading it somewhere:the prophet:saw:told hadhrat Ali radiallahu taa'la unhu before he went off to fight a soldier in battle of khyber:

"if one of them accepts islam on your dawah it's better for you..."(not the exact words, just the theme).

booya

I don't mean to hijack bro Danyal's thread, but I just got back from assisting the Dawah table at LA Times Festival of Books at USC.

I didn't do much face to face dawah as I work behind the scenes unwrapping fresh Qurans from the box. Tomorrow is the second day and insha Allah I will try to engage more visitors. I felt like I can contribute to the talks, since there were longgggg discussions done today.

There was a young man-woman couple talking to a sister for maybe an hour about a topic; a lady who spent about 1-2 hrs talking to various sisters about trinity and Christianity, and many more. Subhanallah its very beautiful to see people curious about Islam.

Unfortunately when I was approached by this gentleman, he started with this "What is it with the violence and killing?" I answered, "It has nothing to do with Islam."

Then he responded "well Jihad...." at that point one brother told me to step aside and said "I got this" :). Turns out they talked for hours and said that man is a zionist, its useless debating.

It was tiring and it was exciting, insha Allah tomorrow I'll be back and I hope I can benefit the people seeking knowledge.

Interesting you brought up the clothing part. I don't look Muslim at all, so I guess to add to the "legitimacy" I wore a kufi :). I thought about wearing a long kurta shirt, but all the brothers I see just wear regular clothing, some with kufis. It is mentioned, however, "No Jeans" on the handouts. All sisters were in hijabs and abayas, so maybe the brothers can also represent :)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i must say that you are very brave and courageous for doing this, especially with the islamophobic sentiments that have been rising recently in America. i'm sure that you and your friends will make a great presentation for the cause of Islam. inshAllah.
:wasalam:

DanyalSAC

JazakAllah khair! Its great to see someone else stepping up. I will be manning the dawah table again this summer inshallah at the California State Fair.

Yes there are Zionists who come to the table and want nothing more than to argue, but we've made it a point to not discuss politics, just the religion.

Aroosak

SubhanAllah Akhi may you again many hasanat for your efforts.

It is expected for you to see some that will be open to Islam while others won't ... let that not dampen your spirit... Allah t'ala is the one who will open the hearts of those He wishes.

Some people are fearful of what looks strange to them and as the hadeeth says "islam started as something strange and will return to something stranger" and they would act according to that fear...

Once again may Allah reward you for your intentions :tti_sister:

booya

Day 2 update, someone told me that there was a Shahadah at the morning, alhamdulillah.

The Muslims were about to pray Duhr at a grass area, then a nearby crew who was filming an event complained, because the grass area was in the line of camera. A brother who was part of the organizer told them, we can't stop it. And then the 2nd group went to pray at the same spot, while some fair officials standing nearby. Wallahuallam it all went fine.

Alhamdulillah the event ended before the news of Osama. I couldn't imagine what would happen in the event of the "celebrations". An Arab cafe in town was reported in the news to be thrown eggs...it was a Hookah spot at 2am in the morning.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
How would I be at your place brother.as reverted person I only image what you have been trusted to do.May Allah grant you a place in Jannah for your efforts and for your intentions:tti_sister:

aisha16

Dawah tables are pretty fun. You get to bond with other Muslims at your uni/college or organization. Not to mention it's a good iman booster. But sometimes its not fun when some people come up for debates on God or terroism...