Talking to women

abdul-aziz

Jazakallah for the answers

Just found a good video, but I don't understand Arabic. Can someone translate?

[yt]EzA42CQW8Ho[/yt]

:salam2:

He pulled up and saw the lady and wanted to try to pick her up for date, if you know what I mean.

That is an exaggeration video, and message for people to respect the rights of others.

However in your case is different, if you know the person you may speak with your gaze down there no problem with that. And as long as your intention is other than trying to cause disobedience to Allah.

:wasalam:

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

What is the limit to these mixing? As sister alf2 mentioned, organizations such as the MSA, they have a good cause, but they mix males and females, which has become so normal. All this is haram right?

And for the reverts, MashaAllah, we respect the commitment.

booya

I didn't think the thread would go this big. Jazakallah for all the responses. Alhamdulillah each time I am tempted to do haraam, there is that voice that makes me think twice.

Regarding mixing, it is a tricky and complex issue. There are many controversies about segregated masjids/prayer space. There are issues about hijab and mixing in organizations. You want to attract as many people to a good community but at the same time you want to uphold an Islamic setting. But then again what people think is an Islamic setting differs.

Say, there is this Islamic center that is pretty active. It has many programs, schools, and active in community and interfaith. Yet I have heard few people object with how the environment inside is. There is somewhat segregation but generally the areas are open so men and women mix. There are also staff members and many visitors who do not wear hijab.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Akhi Booya...there is nothing wrong with what you're doing. In fact I admire your faith and how you try to guard it. May Allaah strengthen it for you and increase you in knowledge and taqwa. ameen
With that being said, I just wanted to let you know that not all Muslims define Islam. So, always remember that.....Stick to the brothers, be open to them and make close friendships with those who forever remind you of Allaah and who always call you to khair. Thats just my two cents on that.

I have a similar issue. I am beyond introvert..I am pretty much anti-social. Any kind of social talking not related to my job makes me so uncomfortable and makes me do things out of nervousness I wont say.

Because of this, I have no idea how to make friends. If anyone would like to give me tips on how to make same gender Muslim friends PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE. Because it's not working for me and I'm lonely :( I mean...I see an Arab Muslimah in Hijab all the time...Do I say, "Salaam, even though I am white as as rice and am not wearing a hijab, I am Muslim too and would like to talk with you." How awkward does that sound!?

I look at the ground when walking or around at trees, bushes, animals. NEVER at people.

Tip number one: Say the salaams!!! wallahi believe me, one salaam can lead to a great relatioship!! at my college, when I was first new to there......I used to always see this sister in the hallway, and we'd always say the salaam to each other. After awhile we started talking and I joined the MSA where I further conversed with her. Now we're like BEST friends even though she is Pakistani and I am Somali. The bound is built upon Islam not upon nationalism! alhamdulillaah and in my personal opininon the Islamic sisterhood is greater, more beautiful than any other friendship out there. Our little group of roughly three sisters now grew to almost ten sisters from different countries and we always manage to do get togethers at one sisters house where we get to be just "girls" if you know what I mean:)

So, go out there and say the salaam....I bet they wont judge you instead they will be good to you because you're a revert. I personally love to hear about revert stories and thats of the things that makes me SPARK a converstaion:) so the bottom line is approach the sister....

Tip 2: always know what common things you have with that person. You can have long hours of conversations just talking about those. And not only will you enjoy yourself....you will even love those hours of discussing how amazing Pakistani culture is (just an exmaple) ;)
Tip 3: never worry about the ackward things you said or do....everybody does it pretty much everytime. So, it aint a big deal.

Tip 4: JUST BE YOURSELF....originality is the spice of life.

msmoorad

mommys boy
I didn't think the thread would go this big. Jazakallah for all the responses. Alhamdulillah each time I am tempted to do haraam, there is that voice that makes me think twice.

Regarding mixing, it is a tricky and complex issue. There are many controversies about segregated masjids/prayer space. There are issues about hijab and mixing in organizations. You want to attract as many people to a good community but at the same time you want to uphold an Islamic setting. But then again what people think is an Islamic setting differs.

Say, there is this Islamic center that is pretty active. It has many programs, schools, and active in community and interfaith. Yet I have heard few people object with how the environment inside is. There is somewhat segregation but generally the areas are open so men and women mix. There are also staff members and many visitors who do not wear hijab.

salaams to all

please understand, just because other, born muslims, are doing it- does NOT make is right.
the deen is clear- no matter where we are or what year we are in.

i know its difficult to do one thing while others around are doing the opposite.

as i said before- try to find the REAL muslims who practice the deen as it ought to be practiced.
no matter what good intentions these muslims may have, they cant justify their violations of shariah.

wish you all the best, bro.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah