Joke of Sheikh Albani, Sheikh Ibn Baz and Sheikh Ibn Uthaimeen(rahmatullahu 'alaihim)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

First Joke: With Sheikh Mohammad bin Nasir Addeen Al-Albani(Rahimahullaah) and Ibn Baz (Rahimahullaah)

One of his students rode with him in the Sheikh’s car. The Sheikh was driving fast.

Student said: “Slow down Sheikh, for Sheikh Ibn Baz says that speeding when driving is like throwing yourself in danger.”

Sheikh Al-Albani said: “This is a fatwa from someone who did not try the art of driving.”

(Shaikh Ibn Baz (Rahimahullaah) was blind, meaning he issued a fatwa like this because he cannot drive and never did.)

The student said: “Should I tell Sheikh ibn Baz about what you said?”

Sheikh Al- Albani said: “Tell him.”

So when the student told Shiekh Ibn Baz about what shaikh Al-Albani said, Shaikh Ibn Baz laughed and said, “Tell him that is a fatwa of someone who did not try paying the blood money.”

(When you hit someone and that person dies, the family agrees on amount of money that must be paid.)

Second Joke: With Shiekh Ibn Uthaimeen (Rahimahullaah)

The Place: Makkaah
The Time: Before the death of Ibn Baz Rahimahullaah
The People in this story: Shiekh Ibn Uthaimeen and a Taxi driver.

The Shiekh Ibn Uthaimeen prayed his Sallaah at the haram in Makkah, then after he wanted to go some where far so he needed a car. So the Shiekh stopped a taxi. As they were riding along the taxi cab driver wanted to know about his passenger so he asked him, “Who are you?”

The Sheikh: “Muhammed ibn Uthaimeen”

The Driver: “The SHEIKH??”

And he thought that the Sheikh was lying to him. Because he never thought that Sheikh ibn Uthaimeen would ever ride with him.

The Sheikh: “Yes the Shiekh.”

The driver at this point was amused and couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

The Sheikh: “And who are you brother?”

The Driver: “I am Sheikh Abdulaziz ibn Baz!”

The Sheikh started to laugh.

The Sheikh: “Are you really sheikh Abdulaziz ibn Bazz???”

The Driver: “Well, are you really Shiekh ibn Uthaimeen???”

The Sheikh: “However, Shiekh ibn baz is blind and he can not drive a car.”

The driver then was convinced that the passenger was indeed Shiekh ibn Uthameen (Rahimahullaah), and was in total embarrassment.

:)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

IbnAdam77

wait is sheikh bin baz ra the blind man who gave the speech on top of a mountaint during hajj?

Ibn Baz (rahimahullah) was the Hajj Imam and Mufti that time, and now the Hajj Imam and Mufti is Sheikh Aal Sheikh. Aal Sheikh is also blind, but Allah has given knowledge and wisdom whomsoever He wills. :)

I do not know to which year you are referring to, my brother. If its recently, then it must be Sheikh Aal Sheikh. :)

wassalam 'alaiukum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaaamu `alaykum

I don't think the first one is a joke. More of a lesson according to the 'narration' I was told about the incident...

Can I ask where you got the first one from?

IbnAdam77

As-salaaamu `alaykum

I don't think the first one is a joke. More of a lesson according to the 'narration' I was told about the incident...

Can I ask where you got the first one from?

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh brother

From a very informative blog of a brother who has pooled many great incidents happened with the Salaf of the Ummah.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Seeker-of-truth

Thank you very much I was talking about just recently i.e. last couple of years, the man who was doing the talks was blind, but yeah thank you very much