Hello, I'm new here...

chokolaat

Peace be upon you sister Jennifer,

I have something to share with you a website that i myself feel good as a form of reading and reflection, it was written by Ustaz Khalil Moore, he is a convert from US and i really love reading his personal journey.

Here's the website feel free to browse and read : www.reflectonthis.com

May this website benefits u and everyone of us. inshallah :)

noor aldeen

:salam2:
sister Jennifer
i hop allah will guide you sister to right path
islam is great faith AND QURAN IS word of allah

likeali4life

Asalaamoalikum (peace be upon you)

Hi, jen

welcome to this website, :) hope you enjoy learning Islam. feel free to ask questions hopefully Inshallah People will be able to help you.

Take care :)

Hasan al Amriki

Hi sisters Jennifer and Lotus, and welcome to TTI. Hopefully the both of you will enjoy your stay here.

For any Non-Muslim/New Muslim, I would recommend they watch these two important videos about Islam:

[yt]mXJrhu7HKGQ[/yt]

[yt]4t3lz_2n0ig[/yt]

[yt]mlaGNJepNk[/yt]

Jen77

Thank you everyone for being so kind. I have to admit, some amazing things have been happening since I stumbled onto this website over the weekend!

BigAk

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I discovered this site today. I'm rather excited that I discovered it! I am stuck somewhere in between Christianity and Islam right now and I have many, many questions. I truly don't know which path to follow. I don't ever remember being quite this lost. I want to thank you in advance for your patience!

No need to be stuck between Christianity and Islam ... Just follow Jesus (PBU).. Jesus himself prophacised about the coming of Muhammad (PBU).. Watch this ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kEkxG4fgs0

brmm

Salam Alaykom Jenni

Soooo, we need you as a sister ASAP !
First question> when you will say the Shahada ? by the way u can say it by urself as long as u believe it in ur heart and after that u can go to the masjed (Mosque) or any proper place where there r Muslims and say it.

There is no need for any confusion about Christianity and Islam.
I donot wish to go in deep details with u for now but I wish u to know that all the prophets of God came with Islam but they have different books with the same message from God which is " WORSHIP ME ONLY".

Inshallah I will post a big work on line soon to show the mislead of the Christian people.
The Christian do not understand at all their book and their belief.

The most important sentence in the Bible is the First Commandment where Jesus said to the jewish " O Israil, the Lord our god is ONE", is there more clear sentence than this?!
Do you know the Latin & the English Bibles contain no name for God ?! The name of God is not god. This is just a translation for the word, and who told these guys that they can translate the names !! Can I translate ur name to Gohana instead ? for sure not.
Jesus (Esa) called his god (Allah ) in Aramaic language, and the Jewish do not name the name of god because it was not allowed to say the sacred name of god according to their understanding for the Torah.
Jesus name was Eso or Esho in Aramaic not Jesus.
Esa is a messenger just like Mohammed and Moses.

Jesus worshiped one god which is Allah.
“*!Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD” Deut 06:04
“That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else” 1Kings 08:60
“…, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him” Deut 04:35
“Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee,…” 2Sam 07:22
“…, and that there is none other God but one” 1Cori 08:04
“since God is one,...” Roma 03:30
“O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee,...” 1Chro 17:20
“Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me” Isai 43:10
“…,I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God” Isai 44:06

Jesus said in the Bible that he is((NOT)) the god of heavens and earth.
“In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,…” Luke 10:21

And the Holy Spirit was the Arc Angel Gabriel who had been sent by Allah to teach Jesus:
“In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee” Luke 01:26

Jesus prayed like Muslims to Allah,
“And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt” Matt 26:39

see these 2 videos,
1st one for Samirites people, the real followers of Jesus, we still have less than 1000 person of them in Israil (Palastine), They don't accept the gospel books because they believe that it is not from God, and they accept Mohammed as the last prophet and pray like Muslims.

2nd video, the old Coptic Christian, who are the real Christian also pray like Muslims.

The real Jewish also pray like Muslims.

Do you why ??? Because Islam is the religion of the ONLY god "" ALLAH"".

Do not wait and say your Shahada.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ui8JguEffCA&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=TRLFeldPG3Y&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=xJYvBJFb8CQ&feature=related

Jen77

Soooo, we need you as a sister ASAP !

You made me smile, thank you :)

I really don't know what is holding me back. To be perfectly honest I almost said the shahada this weekend. Some amazing things happened this weekend and I was sure. But then I was speaking with a (Muslim) friend and I was told to quit thinking of it because practicing Islam would be too difficult for me in my current situation. I wasn't really sure what to think. I thought maybe that it meant I should slow down and research more.

auroran

Dear Jen,

Please take your time in learning about Islaam, but not too long. I guess you already have studied Islaam enough that you almost said the shahada. There was a revert who went back to atheism because of his lack of knowledge, he rushed in too quickly.

Also, Islaam is not hard to practice. The five daily prayers take at least 10-15 minutes. If you need help, make du'aa' (supplication) to Allaah subhaana wa ta'aala. Insha' Allaah you will join our family.

Jade99

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I discovered this site today. I'm rather excited that I discovered it! I am stuck somewhere in between Christianity and Islam right now and I have many, many questions. I truly don't know which path to follow. I don't ever remember being quite this lost. I want to thank you in advance for your patience!

I hope you learn much in here, people in this site are mostly very intelligent, they help me with some of my problems too.

brmm

Hi Jenni .... me again

assalamo alaikom,
I can understand what some brothers/sisters telling you now that you "maybe" should wait a bit before you say the Shahada.

<< I DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM >>

First of all, Islam is the deen (religion) of the truth because it is the truth. Inshallah when you will be a Muslim be sure that you will not lie, becoz lying is the first step for every bad way in life, and if you lied then the others will not believe u if you call them to Islam.

Iam learning Islam since I was child, more than 33 years, and I am still learning new things, so if you wish to wait for how long it will be ?! 1 month, few months or maybe even a year will not make a difference if you don't have that time in your life to know about Islam, sooooo ....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ?

Please Jenni read below:
STEP1: Ask your heart if you like to be a Muslim and worship your only creator or not. (If YES go to step 2).
STEP2: Take a shower & clean clothes on. (There is no YES/NO here :) )
STEP3: If you believe that no one of us can ensure his life for the next few seconds then go to step 4.
STEP4: Did the prophet Mohammed ask any one who wish to say the Shahada to come back again? ( answer is NO, go to step 5).
STEP5: A. Say "I seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, the accursed one."
B. Say your Shahada "I testify that there is no god but Allah, and
I testify that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah"

You can start to say it alone in your place if there is no Muslim friends around you at that moment. Allah say in the Holy Quran:
Q 04:79 ".....and Allah is Sufficient as a Witness"
Q 50:16 "We verily created man and We know what his soul whispereth to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein"

Allah sobhanaho said to His prophet, Mohammed:
Q 60:12 "O Prophet! when believing women come to you giving you a pledge that they will not associate aught with Allah, and will not steal, and will not commit fornication, and will not kill their children, and will not bring a calumny which they have forged of themselves, and will not disobey you in what is good, accept their pledge, and ask forgiveness for them from Allah; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

STEP6:Read the last 2 chapters (sora) of the Holy Quran, and keep these 2 in your heart with time. use the site quran.com, u can find 6 different translations.

STEP7: Do your Shahada when your Muslim friends available again.

BE SURE1: to chose the Sunni way of Islam in ur life because they are the majority and the right way.
BE SURE2: get a translation book for the Quran where the name of Allah have not been translated to "God".
BE SURE3: Not to lie as a Muslim and keep ur prayers, keep ur prayers, keep ur prayers " & give everyone his rights, Muslim or non Muslim.

Just start with learning how to pray and start with it and join your Muslim friends the first times. The other duties with time like :hijabi:.

Allah bless u inshallah.

WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR THE HAPPY NEWS INSHALLAH

brmm

sorry, I have posted it 2 times bcoz I don't know yet how to edit my replies !
The 2nd reply is the corrected one.

If any brother/sister know, please help me with info.
BRMM

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

MashaAllah brother brmm you are so wonderful. Your posts are great... may your efforts pay-off and help the sisters.
Don't worry about the double post, maybe you will get double the rewards for it. Ameen.

To edit your post click on the Edit button which appears on your own posts only. Then make changes and then press the Save button.

Sisters your presense on this board is a great source of comfort for us, that our efforts are paying off, and it is making others aware about Islam and hopefully this will lead to their salvation.

Life on this earth is short and full of ups and downs and riddled with daily problems. We all have to die one day, but nobody knows when he or she will die. Do we know where we will go after death. Are we gonna vanish forever, or our soul will go some where, if it will go somewhere then where? etc. Are we ready to die? Meaning if death comes to us today, then are we prepared to go with the angel of death knowing that our fate will not be bad ? These are the questions and amazingly Islam provides some detailed and to the point answers to it.

So as the brother brmm has mentioned it is important that one take Shahada as soon as possible because one don't know the time of one's death. If one cannot take Shahada in front of other people for whatever reason then one can take Shahadah alone with Allah as the witness. Then stop commiting big sins like worshipping any diety other than Allah or associate partner with Him, fornication, eating pork, drinking alchohol etc. This will provide protection in case something happens.

The idea to first learn Islam then become Muslim is not a very good idea. A person can keep on learning Islam all his/her life. We Muslims are not perfect, actually we are far from perfect, and we work on becoming better and better all our life. Since Muslims live all over the world where their language is not Arabic, so they all have to strugle in reading Quran and reciting the verses in Salah (prayers) etc.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I wish to welcome all the new names to TTI. Insha'Allah, we can benefit from each other.

I am the old wise one here; welcome to the family.

niqaabi12

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmathullah wa barakatuhu

Alhamdulillah, it is wonderful to read your posting and may Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) guide you and protect and all who you love, Ameen.

BIG hugs A.

Jen77

So as the brother brmm has mentioned it is important that one take Shahada as soon as possible because one don't know the time of one's death. If one cannot take Shahada in front of other people for whatever reason then one can take Shahadah alone with Allah as the witness. Then stop commiting big sins like worshipping any diety other than Allah or associate partner with Him, fornication, eating pork, drinking alchohol etc. This will provide protection in case something happens.

:wasalam:

I've only ever believed in one God, ever since I was a child. Even after I became a Christian the trinity didn't make sense to me. God coming down to earth in human form while he was still in heaven? Insanity. I stopped eating pork shortly after I started learning about Islam. It didn't feel right. I don't fornicate. I barely drink any alcohol, even more so since learning Islam. That doesn't feel right either. All of the praying doesn't bother me, humans were put on earth to worship God. I think the way that women are treated in Islam is intriguing, but I also have rather "un-american" views on the purpose of a woman :)

There are a couple of things holding me back. it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Jesus wasn't really crucified and that he wasn't the last prophet. That doesn't mean I don't believe that Muhamed was the final messenger, I just know that I have to believe 100%. And the wudu (I think that's the right word?) before prayers kind of confuses me. Why? Why is it performed? Why are your prayers not accepted if you are not cleaned correctly?