6 Sunnis killed for meeting with Shiites

One_Umma

6 Sunnis killed for meeting with Shiites

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Gunmen stormed the home of a Sunni family threatened with death for meeting with local Shiites, separating out the women and children and executing six men on Saturday, Iraqi police and military officials said.

The attack near Youssifiyah, 12 miles south of the Iraqi capital, was apparently connected to rising sectarian violence that has included the claimed abduction and execution Friday of at least 14 members of the Shiite-led security forces. But in this case, Iraqi authorities said they believed Sunni gunmen had killed fellow Sunnis — revealing a rift between those who support reconciliation with Shiites and those who will kill to stop it.

The men gunned down Saturday — all relatives from the Mashhada tribe — were killed after gunmen stormed the family's house at dawn, said police 1st Lt. Haider Satar.

Iraqi Army Capt. Ahmed al-Obeidi, whose unit is stationed near the site of the attack, confirmed the attack.

The bodies were transferred to a hospital morgue in the neighboring town of Mahmoudiyah, where Associated Press Television footage showed at least two had their hands tied bound behind their backs.

Police, citing information from surviving relatives, said the victims had received threats from Sunni insurgents after participating in a reconciliation conference with Shiites last month.
-----------------------------------------

liaa

this is so wrong :( we are all muslims after all, instead of being strong and take out the americans from irak, we prefer killing shia , i think it would be bettr to show them the good way instead of killing them .
At list this is what i think we should do.:shake:

heartbeat

salam..

My dear brothers and sisters.

i saw that article on Yahoo front page before i logged in to TTI.
I live in the USA in Washington DC and i would like to tell you that the divide between SHII and SUNNIS is the new western front in colonizing the muslims lands.
most americans and i believe most the populations of the world did nt even know there were SHIIS and SUNNIS in the world of islam.
my borthers, let us not fall into the trap. they whipped up the Kurdish divide ten years ago to curve the Kurdish region out of Iraq and they used it the distroy iraq as it was imposed a s no fly zone.
they are using the new divide to cast the blame of distroying iraq off themselves. they are telling people that we did our part and iraq is nt going allright between they are killing themselves. in additon to that they are trying to contain IRAN by electrifying the relations between the SHIIS and the SUNNIS, thereby, the countries of the region would be at a petruall tensions which will divert resources from real developement to arment that will only benefit the USA and its fleet career the UK and FRANCE.

Praise2Allah

Salam. Heartbeat I dont think u know the Islamic history if u say this is something new. Shias and Sunnis have been going at it since long ago and in Iraq too since the Abbasians. Shia scholars consider Sunnis to be worse then polythiests, what can we do? If u know Arabic watch the debate which was on Mustaqila channel and see for urself.

uzeshan

S.O.A
Salaam

Well .. It is politics.. so foreign forces can stay in Iraq to control the situation...

May Allah SAW guide and protect all of us

Allah Knows best

heartbeat

My dear brother. the vent you cited is too familiar to me.
i am very well aware of the the historical and dogmatic conflict between SHIIS and SUNNIS.
i would like to bring to your attention that that kind of divide is not exclusive to the house of islam. the bloodiest confessional wars took place between protestants and catholic. the ennemity is still vivid to this day between those two factions.
however, time and shared history and most importantly a common idea that what unites them is more important than what devides them, has sealed the schism, at least a confrontational level.
the sunnis-shiis question is the subject to the same logic. it is a point of discord, but mostly leveled to a confrontion, which would serve specific intersts.
the genocide of rowanda was in the same logic. the Hutsi and the Tutsi were living together for centuries, with power sharing problems, but was never bloody until france came in and used the divide to enhance, and to make a come back in the rowandan political scene for its own interest.

hafz

I dont trust the western version

The western media is very good at distorting the truth and unless you heard it from another source we dont really know if this was the reason.At the moment they are promoting shia sunni enmity and only Allah knows the truth about this matter.

Ali_Ibrahim

The western media is not good at distorting material. They are being fed information that poorly represents islam. We should not be fighting each other we should be in peace and represent islam as a whole and beautify islam as whole, but we are not by killing each other for no reason man. The reason why i stress this is because EVERY muslim will get blamed for this no matter if ur not a practicing or if your very religious. So do go and blame the media, you are acting liek terrorists yourselves by blaming people for advertising what they are supposed to advertise. It is not their fault, if we didn't show them that we act like this, we wouldnt be in the media period. So the blame is not on them, it is our selves.

Wulf

Media

Whenever I see something like this, I can see how the Media will prey on the fear and ignorance of the non-Mulim populations of the world.

If a Catholic Christian kills a Protestant Christian, it is reported not as a religious or sectarian killing, it is reported for what it is, "Crimminal Murder", even though the offender may claim religious grounds for his actions.

When the offence involves Muslims, it is reported as sectarian violence, when in fact, if one were to look more closely, the Murder is really a crimminal act that is politicaly motivated, using religion as an excuse to justify the act.

Similar reporting was used in the past involving Belfast.

Hopefully one day the media may learn to report the truth, over headlines and circulation. Then the headline would read:-

"Six people were fouly Murderd by a Gang of Crimminal Gunmen last night".

suumaya

heartbeat;the divide between SHII and SUNNIS is the new western front in colonizing the muslims lands.

You are right but you know what? i don't blame on the U.S.
i blame on the muslim... we did this to ourselves because we forgot the warning of ALLAH and our prophet mahammad (saw) we start distrusting one another and trusting our enemies so we let them come in to our homes and destroy us...

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
heartbeat;the divide between SHII and SUNNIS is the new western front in colonizing the muslims lands. You are right but you know what? i don't blame on the U.S. i blame on the muslim... we did this to ourselves because we forgot the warning of ALLAH and our prophet mahammad (saw) we start distrusting one another and trusting our enemies so we let them come in to our homes and destroy us...[/QUOTE said:
Asaalaam Allaikum

Yes, I agree to your words.

Assalaam Allaikum

saqlawi

Muslim Student
I agree as well, but you can't take all blame off the West. No shi'a sunni problems existed in Iraq at ALL before the invasion, and look at it now. What a mess they've made, I think American soldiers would definitely rather watch Iraqis do the dirty work than go out themselves. They would rather preoccupy resistance forces with shi'ite death squads than actually have to fight them.

But aside from Iraq, on a broader scale, I would agree with you.

I agree as well. Sunnis and Shias has been living next to each other for hundreds for years in peace. The Wests strategy is 'divide and conquer.' My heart truly feels that the kuffar might even be behind the "car bombings" and the rest of the killings. I would not be suprised if the West actually planted bombs, just so Muslims can die and start pointing fingers--this group or that group did it.

Look at this recent statement regarding 16 Afghans killing:

"We regret the death of innocent Afghan citizens as a result of the Taliban extremists' cowardly act," said Lt. Col. David Accetta.

What he said is all relative to him. How do you define "extremist"? I am happy extremist, so what you going to kill me too??? How do you know who is a "Taliban" or not. Do they have a sign holding up saying I am a "Taliban" kill me?? These kinds of words give false impressions in the media and brainwashes peoples miinds.

In All- It is what it is, and this is a time for Muslims to reunite and change our own selves as well. Everything happens for a reason.

And Allah Knows Best

Walaakum Salaam

heartbeat

salam.

I am not trying to portray blame on any one wether the USA or the muslims countries.
i would like to bring your attention to the fact that the usa and its allies are trying to find new wedges to penetrate the middle east to serve their interests.
they in the past used all kind of pretext to have their hands on the resources of the middles east. now they are up to the new confessional front. Shiis and Sunnis.
i just reacted to an article that was posted, telling that six shiis were killed by sunnis.
i dont know the details of the crime but i refuse just to take it as shiis killing sunnis for the sake of satisfying some kind of historical revenge.
One of our brothers gave a good example about belfast and how the media report events differently. if it was catholics who killed six protestant it would have been reported as some thugs having killed innocents people.
in the case of shiis and sunnis it was reported differently just because it is teh issue now the west is stressing.

saqlawi

Muslim Student
thehumblewun you are absolutely right

I'm almost sure that shrine in samarra, for example, had its dome blown off by either American forces or the "new Iraqi government." Either way, it was to serve the interest of the west in its campaign.

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Aslaam allaikum

Lets be united and shooo this American goats away from our land, you know in somalia people have tribal wars and hatred but when someone like america comes there to divide and rule. they are united and this is the Idea we should adopt.But we should Inshallah eliminate hatred among the Muslim Ummah

Asalaam Allaikum

sister herb

Official TTI Chef