Christians and Jews??? REALLY???

iloveislam78

Asalam walakum wa rahmatullah,

Brothers and sisters, i have a question thats kinda driving me insane :( i dont no why but i always feel that I MUST get the answers to my questions, i have had many sleepless nights.

I hope inshallah someone can help out or perhaps make sense of my thoughts and feelings with the will of Allah swt inshallah.

Ok my question is in quran it states that it permissible for a muslim man to marry the people of the book ie he can marry a christian or a jew providing some conditions are met yes??

For the life of me i cannot understand this?
I do not believe that any man who sincerely loves his lord could take as an intimate helper some who attributes partners to his lord?? Firstly, i cannot understand how a Muslim man could bear to live with someone who is not a muslimah? forgoing all of his rights????? what about the children he would too forgo their rights unless he completely dominates his wife no????
After looking into this i read the story of how umar may allah be pleased with him wrote to a man who was married to a jewish women, he too did not like this.

I have read some arguments about this saying that oh the wife would teach the children about the prophets, i've never heard such a ridiculous argument in my life what else would a disbeliever teach its child except disbelieve.

Now my question is when the torah was revealed to moses those who followed inshallah will be ok when the bible was revealed to isa inshsallah those who followed will be ok, but now the quran has been revealed neither chirstianity or judaism will be accepted right? because both religious have been distorted and what remains is no longer Christianity or Judaism but paganism no???? (Im not denying that their is still SOME truth remaining in both books) i mean christians and jews cant even decide who god is??

Im i wrong is believing that in actually there is no longer judaism or Christianity??

I dont think ive ever met a jew or a christian i have though met MANY pagans.

would seriously appreciate your help guy jazakallah khair.

UmmIsaiah

Assalamu alaikum

Well I agree with you on the fact that a disbeliever will teach their child disbelief and that a man should wish to marry a woman of belief to have a harmonious home and you may never have met a christian or a jew.
The part that we differ on is the fact that there are none around today. There are many christians and jews that do not believe in paganism. If she is a true christian or jew then she will eventually become muslim she is only lacking knowledge. I only speak from my experiance as I was raised christian (in a very lax house hold mind you), and as I reached puberty I began to try to become serious about my soul and where it would end up but never in all my sunday school classes choir practices prayer meetings or group discussions did I ever believe in the trinity. I was unaware of the true teachings of Islam growing up in the west I assumed that all muslims were part of "the nation of islam". Once I learned the truth there was no question (Ive already told my story of conversion on this site so I wont go into it again) I am aware many "christians" say that I was never christian that my faith was never firm and that is their opinion but we all know that true christians upon hearing the message of the Prophet(peace be upon him) will submit and there are many people leaving christianity and turning to Islam.

auroran

:salam2:

A Muslim man marrying a women among the people of the book...it's something Allaah azza wa jal has allowed but not it's not recommended because of the harm it may bring.

Also you can't follow Judaism and Christianity anymore because they have been distorted. Christians and Jews have to move on the Prophet Muhammad :saw:.

tariq353

Ok my question is in quran it states that it permissible for a muslim man to marry the people of the book ie he can marry a christian or a jew providing some conditions are met yes??

For the life of me i cannot understand this?
I do not believe that any man who sincerely loves his lord could take as an intimate helper some who attributes partners to his lord?? Firstly, i cannot understand how a Muslim man could bear to live with someone who is not a muslimah? forgoing all of his rights????? what about the children he would too forgo their rights unless he completely dominates his wife no????

Look in Islam there is reason for each n every thing.. Islam gives muslim man permission to marry Jew/christian but this isnt permitted in case of muslim women why??????

Because after marriage women is suppose to go to the house of Man. Therefore the reason is so that she can be reverted to Islam through the proper teaching and conduct....at the time of Prophet :saw: there was a zeal among muslims to pass the message...they were practicing Muslims and their(including family members) conduct was so good and Islamic that was sufficient to Inspire any one into Islam....so they used to marry and pass the message ..it was not like today when Muslims marry Jew/Christians taking the advantage of this permission and don't even care about passing the message not even this their children are becoming christianised...for sure this wasn't the purpose. It is permissible so we cant declare this as haram but for sure we should avoid this in today's circumstances.

Now my question is when the torah was revealed to moses those who followed inshallah will be ok when the bible was revealed to isa(as) inshsallah those who followed will be ok, but now the quran has been revealed neither chirstianity or judaism will be accepted right? because both religious have been distorted and what remains is no longer Christianity or Judaism but paganism no???? (Im not denying that their is still SOME truth remaining in both books) i mean christians and jews cant even decide who god is??

Im i wrong is believing that in actually there is no longer judaism or Christianity??

Look Prophet Moses(as) never preached Judaism the word is derived from the Judah used much later.
Similarly Isa-ibn-Maryam (as) never preached Christianity he never heard of this word.

They both(better say all Prophets) preached "submitting your will to one true almighty God" one word for that in Arabic is "Islam"...... so who so ever followed their Prophet (Before the last and final prophet) in sha allah are believers...those who rejected or followed distorted form they were and are in clear error.

wa salam

Idris16

Bismillâh

One of the conditions of marriage to the people of the book is that they are chaste. A question arises, how many chaste women are there from Ahlul Kitâb?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Bismillâh

One of the conditions of marriage to the people of the book is that they are chaste. A question arises, how many chaste women are there from Ahlul Kitâb?

assalamu alaykum,

Just a little question, a bit off-topic, but, why do you put the cap sign on top of the letter a? â - Is it not meant to make the letter "a" sound like the "a" in "harsh"?

Idris16

assalamu alaykum,

Just a little question, a bit off-topic, but, why do you put the cap sign on top of the letter a? â - Is it not meant to make the letter "a" sound like the "a" in "harsh"?
Wa `Alaykum al-Salâm warahmatullâh

I'm not sure if I got you. But you know Arabic, and â, ê, î, ô, û... means making the letters longer.... like Salaat I spell it Salât.

To your question, Yes, like the word harsh, it takes time saying the ''a'' word in harsh.

An example is deen, I write it dîn.

Alhamdulillâh

You are right. But let's not be like the cultural Muslims that shout ''Harâm'' though it's permissible [if you follow the conditions]. The cultural Muslims feel Tawhîd divides us and that we should speak about halâl/harâm. Do they know what Shirk al-Asghar is [minor shirk] is?

ShyHijabi

Bismillâh

Wow, thats very insulting. I am a convert and can tell you I knew many chaste females who were not Muslim, including myself.

iloveislam78

jazakallah

for all your replies but im still confused.

today christians and jews aren't really christians and jews are they??????

because they is no longer judaism and christianity rather the once religions have now mostly been changed to paganism.

so the ruling can no longer apply

is this right or wrong??

Idris16

Wow, thats very insulting. I am a convert and can tell you I knew many chaste females who were not Muslim, including myself.
I'm sorry that was not my intention. I'm from Sweden, think how it is here [in Scandinavia].
jazakallah

because they is no longer judaism and christianity rather the once religions have now mostly been changed to paganism.

is this right or wrong??
Ahlul-Kitâb are still the people of the book. If they weren't then we wouldn't eat their slaughtered food [if they slaughtered it according to Sharî`ah].

Permissibility of eating meat slaughtered by Christians and Jews

How to treat a wife from among the People of the Book

bari

Brother Idris, yes the key point is if they are applying their sharia or not. In general they do not apply their own sharia

Abu Talib

Feeling low
jazakallah

is this right or wrong??

Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatulahi Wabarakatu

This exactly answers your question

Are the Jews and Christians who exist nowadays mushrikeen (polytheists) and is it permissible to marry their women?