when feeling paranoid

zahra2011

Dear sisters and brothers
I wanted to know if someone is a cannabis user for years and they are addicted, they are muslim but not religious and they are starting to feel paranoid and I also as if something is watching them such as demons or shaytan what do you think about this situation and what should they do as a Muslim?.

Ahsen

Read ayatul qursi.Read the quran.Make dua.

Or

Try to be busy,like play games,go out or something.

Maghreb-United

I have those moments at time :( it is really frustrating

Uhm..wait what is cannabis ?

Anyways I actually started to become paranoid with demons and shaytan following me in my dreams in really life when i was a christian

Thats because of the certain obsession i had the with dark world.. and the supernatural which is quiet common among christian youth especially if they are pentecostal/baptist/protestant...its like they think they cant fear anything because of the power of God in them.. and they need to feel empowered because they have the authority to like...cast out demons if they have to...

Now me as a Muslim.. I have been recently struggling with the same situation of "paranoia" but its not nearly as severe as when i was a christian..
I just concentrated on Quran and recited Surat Al Kursi, and An-Nas for protection and i really do feel better :hijabi:

For those muslims i recomend them to make dua'3 more often and when they enter a room in a house and the bathroom they should say a3udhu bilah min ashaytan elrajim.. whenever they feel threatened by something

:salam2: :)

abdul-aziz

I wanted to know if someone is a cannabis user for years and they are addicted, they are muslim but not religious and they are starting to feel paranoid and I also as if something is watching them such as demons or shaytan what do you think about this situation and what should they do as a Muslim?.

:salam2:

drugs whether prescribed or not are the root of problems that many muslims face today. They alter the natural chemical processes of the brain. They are known to increase something called dopamine. Thus when varying levels of this chemical are manipulated then it leads to schitzophrenia and or bi-polar disorders.

These are not similar to what is known by muslims as sihr(possession). However, there is a good chance they could open the door for that.

So I would recommend they go see a phsyciatrist and get treatment. At the same time talk to a sheik and tell him what they are going through.

I have seen a few sheiks from the middle east in the USA, right away go into shifa consultations. They seem to think society is similar to where they came from. Meaning there isn't abundance of drugs and things where they come from. So they conclude it is sihr because they lack the knowledge in certain areas.

[yt]jtpibw1NRxg[/yt]
[yt]ax2A4xvzJIo[/yt]
[yt]ecK_DzLvKAQ[/yt]
[yt]NVArxe_-TUA[/yt]

wa Allah ya'lam

:wasalam:

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)

May Allah guide and protect us all. Well, my advice would be for that person to seek help and try to break that addiction because it might be the main cause of the problem. And through religion and getting closer to Allah, making a lot of du'a and trying to stop all bad habits can be the start of healing oneself. When someone is not practicing the religion, they are more likely to be harmed by jinns and shayateen because that person doesn't pray, make the regular adkaar or remember Allah so that person is like someone without any shelter or weapon. Anything can attack him/her.

Hope that helps:)

zahra2011

when felling paranoid

Dear sisters and brother,
thank you for that useful information and will share it amongst friends and family. but i still wanted to know if hey did read the ayatul kursi and nothing changed what can they do next.? can they get excorcised and how??

ShyHijabi

thank you for that useful information and will share it amongst friends and family. but i still wanted to know if hey did read the ayatul kursi and nothing changed what can they do next.? can they get excorcised and how??

How about they stop smoking pot? Cannabis is not physically addictive, in other words there are no withdrawal symptoms. It's like no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. They are not possessed they are potheads.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Firstly all those drugs are haraam so please tell that person. Those are all hallucinations and excessive use of cannabis causes the person to be insane also. The only remedy for it is to stop it immediately.

People who smoke weed act crazy when they are high and blab all those stories so don't confuse it with possession.

Please advise the person to quit it now and repent to Allah

abdul-aziz

That is the million dollar question people have. The answer is yes reciting ayat alkursi will assist in any human difficulty not just excorcism. It is the most powerful ayah in the Universe.

But there is a problem, The meaning of ayat alkursi must be instilled in the heart and mind of the recitor. A matter of fact reciting surat al-fatiha with complete contemplation of the meaning of the surah will also cure a person of illness. You work with what you know and you definitely learn what is most important.

Ayat alkursi should be repeated throughout the day after every prayer and always before you sleep. The meaning of this powerful ayat will encompass the muslim with the true essence of la illaha il Allah!. Also in it is describes that Allah has no limit in knowledge and the only knowledge we will ever attain is by His will.

and like I said: "The meaning of ayat alkursi must be instilled in the heart and mind of the recitor. " if the person is having issues especially like exorcism it will be very difficult for the meaning to enter the heart since the person is distracted. So the best bet is to get a good muslim who knows this verse very well (preferably a sheik) to recite this ayah on him or her. If you don't have that available then recite surat alfatiha. Don't underestimate surat alfatiha, it is the opening of Allah's dialog with mankind. And there are numerous hadiths about its application; it was even used to cure a person bitten by a poisonous snake.

:wasalam:

zahra2011

dear sisters and brothers thank you for that information.It's not the case that they are addicted to the drugs or doing it for fun, people get themselves into gangs and violence and this leads them into drugs, abuse and many things especially when they have no one around them, they could feel lost and start to lose their minds. My question is, does this lead them into panaroia?

sachin4islam

How about they stop smoking pot? Cannabis is not physically addictive, in other words there are no withdrawal symptoms. It's like no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. They are not possessed they are potheads.

Assalamu Alaikum: Sis

Cannabis is widely used addiction in India,as it is a part of religious ritual. I have tons of people around me addicted to Cannabis and some of them trying to withdraw it but fail because of withdrawal symptoms.

" At one time cannabis was considered a drug that had no withdrawal symptoms because users did not display symptoms similar to those withdrawing from alcohol or opiates. Contrary to this, experimental research supports reports of users who relate evidence of heavy cannabis use producing comparatively mild psychological and physical withdrawal symptoms.

Kouri and Pope examined withdrawal symptoms over 28 days abstinence from cannabis,while Budney et al. looked at a time period of abstinence of 45 days. Their study assessed withdrawal symptoms among chronic cannabis users who were assessed daily on various symptoms while on a hospital ward for 28 days. They rated mood, anxiety, depression and irritability and compared them to those of two control groups of abstinent former heavy cannabis users and non-users of cannabis. Chronic cannabis users showed decreases in mood and appetite and increases in irritability, anxiety, physical tension and physical symptoms and their scores on the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression scale increased. Both studies used urinalysis to ensure abstinence, and showed that withdrawal symptoms began within 1–3 days of abstinence and lasted for 10–14 days.According to Budney et al., the withdrawal syndrome associated with cannabis use is similar to that for tobacco but of lesser magnitude than withdrawal from other drugs like opiates or alcohol.

Significantly, evidence indicates that withdrawal symptoms are alleviated when cannabis users resume using cannabis after a period of abstinence and recent laboratory research has focused on the role of brain chemistry in cannabis dependence. As with other drugs, cannabis increases the amount of dopamine in the synapses. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter associated with rewarding feelings. Budney et al. argue that the upkeep of this neurotransmitter may motivate people to use cannabis in an addictive way.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org

Regards.