decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonas1993

Banned
Well I wanted to post an update

I have been learning about Islam more and more and I really enjoy my learning about Islam..

I have decided I will be a secularist though... I like freedom and I do not think I would ever want to live in Saudi Arabia I can tell you that... I love the UAE though and am proud to be Emirati

I hope that one day we can have secular democracy here

very good video also actually I think here...
I think Secularism is a necessity here in the Arab world...
as it is a necessity in all parts of the world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3GxiRyM9U&feature=related

brmm

I have been learning about Islam more and more and I really enjoy my learning about Islam..

I have decided I will be a secularist though... I like freedom and I do not think I would ever want to live in Saudi Arabia I can tell you that... I love the UAE though and am proud to be Emirati

:salam2:
I think you were fast with your judgment. You need to slow down. Wait for more experience in life. People make the differences not places, so if you search for the good things you will find them and if you search for bad things you will find them also any where.

About the video,
I do not agree with everything this man have said.

If the issue was about ALLAH and us, there are not any kind of negotiations and concessions between.
and if the issue was between the Arab & Israel, there should be not any kind of negotiations and concessions. Israel occupied the land and they should not be there. They have imported millions of Jews from all over the world to live there and it is not there land. Muslim should push them out by war.

On the other hand, the Jews themselves they have the right to be citizens in their original home lands, in Syria, Egypt, Yemen, Iraq or any Islamic country the same like Muslims.

Any why this guy, if he believes in democracy, said we should not let the Muslim Brotherhood win the elections ?

And who told him the nuclear physics made by the Jews?

==============
In Islam we do not need democracy in its narrow meaning, we have duties and rights according to Islam. Mohammed and the Muslim's Khalifs, Abo Bakir, Omar, Othman and Ali, they used to walk between the people without any guards, because everyone have got his rights.

Islam was before the western world by hundreds of years with Justice.

JenGiove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3GxiRyM9U&feature=related

:salam2: Jonas,

While I accept your choice, I would ask only one thing from you...keep learning about Islam. It is incredibly important, more than you realize. I will have been a member here for a year come July 1st and I can tell you that I know nothing about Islam when compared to its greater scope.

Never stop learning, never stop being humble and never ever close your heart to any possibility.

Be well..

JenGiove

Brother can you define secularism??

:salam2: Brother,

I had to look the word up too and from the wikipedia definition, it is the separation of church/religion and state/governments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secularism

Secularism is the belief that government or other entities should exist separately from religion and/or religious beliefs.

In one sense, secularism may assert the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, and the right to freedom from governmental imposition of religion upon the people within a state that is neutral on matters of belief. (See also Separation of church and state and Laïcité.) In another sense, it refers to the view that human activities and decisions, especially political ones, should be unbiased by religious influence.[1] Some scholars are now arguing that the very idea of secularism will change.

Secularism draws its intellectual roots from Greek and Roman philosophers such as Marcus Aurelius and Epicurus, medieval Muslim polymaths such as Ibn Rushd, Enlightenment thinkers like Denis Diderot, Voltaire, John Locke, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, and Thomas Paine, and modern freethinkers, agnostics and atheists such as Bertrand Russell and Robert Ingersoll.

The purposes and arguments in support of secularism vary widely. In European laicism, it has been argued that secularism is a movement toward modernization, and away from traditional religious values (also known as "secularisation"). This type of secularism, on a social or philosophical level, has often occurred while maintaining an official state church or other state support of religion. In the United States, some argue that state secularism has served to a greater extent to protect religion from governmental interference, while secularism on a social level is less prevalent.[3][4] Within countries as well, differing political movements support secularism for varying reasons.[5]

auroran

Of course, in this world you get to do whatever you want. That is 'freedom'; freedom from your responsibilities! This world is a prison for believers and paradise for the kuffar.

Islaam is perfect but Muslims are not.

I think Islaam should spread to all four corners of the earth, because it's not only a system, but also a religion. Allaah knows best how to make a perfect system, and He did, Islaam. Secularism is a system design by men, that's all.

Insha' Allaah one day you may be guided.

Perseveranze

This is the Muslim brotherhood -

[yt]iVOC9u0t42I[/yt]

Zionists just love painting a picture that everyone seems to buy. Just look at the state we are in now, countries invaded, Palastine, Iraq, Afghanistan - you got the Zionists trying to take land which doesn't belong to them, the list goes on.

And this is because the governments are secular yet twisted dictators, puppets of the west. That's not what we want.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Human laws are cruel and are always biased towards some special segment of people. Basis for secularism would be definitely Human made laws and surely it would lead to a failure from moral and ethical values to economic and social aspects.

May Allah (SWT) guide you to true purpose of life and strengthen foundation of Deen of Allah in Arab world.

Regards.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Secularism is a good thing, but that doesnt mean you cant be a Muslim.

I believe in the separation of religion & government, but I'm a Muslim.

Status
Not open for further replies.