Total lunar eclipse Saturday night

saqlawi

Muslim Student
Jazaka allaha khayran

I found this on islamonline.net, should be helpful

Detailed Description of the Prayer

1. There is no Adhan or Iqamah for the Prayer, although the Prayer can be announced by calling, “As-Salatu Jami`ah” (“The congregation is gathering for Prayer”).

2. The imam begins the Prayer with takbir, as usual, followed by recitation of Surat Al-Fatihah and one or more further surahs. The recitation can be loud (majority view) or silent.

3. The imam does ruku` with takbir, as usual.

4. The imam rises from ruku` saying "Sami` Allahu liman hamidah," followed by the usual dhikr.

5. Remaining in the standing posture, the imam again recites Surat Al-Fatihah and one or more other surahs.

6. The imam goes into ruku` with takbir.

7. The imam rises from ruku` saying “Sami` Allahu liman hamidah,” followed by the usual dhikr.

8. The imam performs the two prostrations as usual, except that the prostrations should be lengthy, as should be the sitting between them.

9. The imam rises for the second rak`ah, which is performed in the same manner as the first.

10. Hence there are a total of four of each of the following: standing straight (with recitation), bowing down, and prostrating. The sunnah is for each standing straight, bowing down, and prostration to be shorter than the previous one.

I remembered doing this a while ago. It's not really that complicated

Basically just four rak'at and four sajdat.

saqlawi

Muslim Student
Here I made this to simplify:

lunarprayercn4.jpg

umm hussain

Jazakhallahu khair, for sharing very informative. I had no idea how to do it. Honestly didnt know about it at all.

muharram23

Staff member
JazaKAklahu khairen,

most likely, I won't see it in the mid-west america. Saqlawi, that's a nice picture of Saddam rahimuhullah :*(.

Assalamu alaykum

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Jazakhallahu
Can anyone tell us what does it mean 'a sign from Allah (SWT)'?

:salam2:

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is He Who made the sun a shining thing and the moon as a light and measured out for it stages that you might know the number of years and the reckoning. Allaah did not create this but in truth. He explains the Ayaat in detail for people who have knowledge.” [Yoonus 10:5]

“And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate yourselves not to the sun” nor to the moon, but prostrate yourselves to Allaah Who created them, if you (really) worship Him” (Fussilat 41:37)

Salaat al-Kusoof is Sunnah mu’akkadah (a confirmed Sunnah) according to the consensus of the scholars. The daleel (evidence) for this is the Sunnah reported from the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
Eclipses are signs from Allaah by means of which Allaah makes His slaves afraid. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We sent not the signs except to warn, and to make them afraid (of destruction)” [al-Israa’ 17:39]

When the sun was eclipsed at the time of the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), he went out rushing nervously to the mosque, dragging his cloak behind him, and led the people in prayer. He told them that the eclipse was one of the signs of Allaah, with which Allaah makes His slaves afraid, and that it may be the cause of punishment coming upon the people. He commanded them to do that which could prevent the punishment, so he commanded them to pray when an eclipse happens, and to make du’aa’, seek His forgiveness, give charity, free slaves and do other righteous deeds so that the punishment would go away and not befall the people. So the eclipse is a reminder to people, making them afraid so that they will turn back to Allaah and pay attention to Him.

During the Jaahiliyyah, people used to believe that eclipses happened to mark the birth or death of a great person, but the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) declared this belief to be false and explained the divine wisdom behind the occurrence of eclipses:

Imaam al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated that Ibn Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: “the sun was eclipsed the day Ibraaheem the son of the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died, and the people said, ‘The sun is eclipsed because of the death of Ibraaheem.’ The Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The sun and the moon are two signs from Allaah, and they do not become eclipsed for the death or the birth of anyone. If you see that, hasten to remember Allaah and to pray.’”

According to another hadeeth in al-Saheehayn: “Call on Allaah and pray until [the eclipse] is over.”

It is reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari that Abu Moosa said: “These signs that Allaah sends are not for the death or life of anyone, but Allaah makes His slaves afraid through them, so if you see anything of that [eclipses], then hasten to remember Allaah and call on Him and seek His forgiveness.”

Allaah causes eclipses to happen to these two mighty signs, the sun and the moon, to teach His slaves and show them that these things are created and are subject to imperfections and changes just like any other created entities. Thus He shows them His perfect ability and that He alone is deserving of worship, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate yourselves not to the sun” nor to the moon, but prostrate yourselves to Allaah Who created them, if you (really) worship Him” (Fussilat 41:37)

Islam Q&A

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

I had a perfect view of it from my bedroom, it was clear as day. Still, I find solar eclipse so much more unnerving.

wasalam