Hadith

Rebaz

Bukhari 84:64
During the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will have no faith) and will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game. So, where-ever you find them, kill them, for who-ever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection.

I've some difficulity to understand this hadith, can anyone explain it more?

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
I'm ''up-ing'' your thread.
Important hadith, inshAllaah someone can provide more details and commentary regarding this hadith.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum

The hadeeth is referring to the Khawaarij, who are from those whom the Prophet :saw2: talked about and their description. They are the ones who fought the Sahaabah, rebelled against the Muslim rulers and applied the verses of Allaah regarding the kuffaar on the believers.

Lets break the hadeeth you posted in two:

"During the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will have no faith) and will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game."

This is referring to their descriptions and the type of people they will be. There is already a thread about the khawaarij that akhee Mabsoot opened: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49414

"So, where-ever you find them, kill them, for who-ever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection."

Here are a few points of benefit that I got from the explanation of this hadeeth in Saheeh Muslim by Imaam al-Nawawi:

- It is obligatory to fight against the rebellious khawaarij.

- There is an Ijmaa` (Agreement of scholars) regarding the obligation of fighting against the rebellious khawaarij. This is what Imaam al-Nawawi mentioned and Al-Nawawi quoted Qaadi `Iyyaad statement regarding the Ijmaa`

- It is not only the Khawaarij that are obligatory to be fought with but the people of innovation who rebel against the Imaam and oppose the view of the Jamaa`ah and broke away from it. This is what Al-Qaadi mentioned as quoted by al-Nawawi

- It is obligatory to fighting them after warning them and making excuses for them. Mentioned by Al Qaadi.

- If they do not rebel against the Muslim ruler nor start war against the Muslims, then they are not to be fought against.

The evidence for fighting them: "...But if one of them oppresses the other, then fight against the one that oppresses until it returns to the ordinance of Allah...."[Soorah al-Hujuraat: 9]

They are oppressors because:

- They rebel against the Muslim rulers causing mischief in the land.
- They fight against the Muslims.
- They make takfeer of the Muslims.

Obviously, it should be noted that the establishment of war against the khawaarij is the role of the Muslim ruler and not individuals. This is what the Sahaabah did under the khilaafah of `Alee radiyAllaahu `anhu, who fought the khawaarij.

Wannabemuslim

Assalaamu `alaykum

The hadeeth is referring to the Khawaarij, who are from those whom the Prophet :saw2: talked about and their description. They are the ones who fought the Sahaabah, rebelled against the Muslim rulers and applied the verses of Allaah regarding the kuffaar on the believers.

"During the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will have no faith) and will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game."

This is referring to their descriptions and the type of people they will be. There is already a thread about the khawaarij that akhee Mabsoot opened: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49414

"So, where-ever you find them, kill them, for who-ever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection."

Here are a few points of benefit that I got from the explanation of this hadeeth in Saheeh Muslim by Imaam al-Nawawi:

- There is an Ijmaa` (Agreement of scholars) regarding the obligation of fighting against the rebellious khawaarij. This is what Imaam al-Nawawi mentioned and Al-Nawawi quoted Qaadi `Iyyaad statement regarding the Ijmaa`

- It is not only the Khawaarij that are obligatory to be fought with but the people of innovation who rebel against the Imaam and oppose the view of the Jamaa`ah and broke away from it. This is what Al-Qaadi mentioned as quoted by al-Nawawi

- It is obligatory to fighting them after warning them and making excuses for them. Mentioned by Al Qaadi.

- If they do not rebel against the Muslim ruler nor start war against the Muslims, then they are not to be fought against.

The evidence for fighting them: "...But if one of them oppresses the other, then fight against the one that oppresses until it returns to the ordinance of Allah...."[Soorah al-Hujuraat: 9]

Obviously, it should be noted that the establishment of war against the khawaarij is the role of the Muslim ruler and not individuals. This is what the Sahaabah did under the khilaafah of `Alee radiyAllaahu `anhu, who fought the khawaarij.

Al salaam, thank you as many know here im only 13 and i say some ignorant things at times, im sorry for such a rash answer, i looked it up online and the only explanation i found was that it is to kill anyone who leaves islam

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

For me the Hadith still remains indigestible. But this doesn't affect my Imaan,unlike previously.

Regards.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I would like to ask Br Mabsoot or Thariq,whether a Muslim with knowledge that is sufficient to practice Deen of Allah,should try to go to Hadith books or remain passive with regards to reading Hadith books?.

Regards.

Rebaz

Assalaamu `alaykum

Thank you for clearing that.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Its exactly how brother Tariq has said. I have learnt this from my Taareekh Ustaaz (History Lecturer), and from some Sheikhs also. With lots of explanation and details that this Hadith refers to the Deviated Sect called Khawaajij.

Wallahu A'lam.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu Alaikum:

For me the Hadith still remains indigestible. But this doesn't affect my Imaan,unlike previously.

Regards.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

What's hard to digest about the hadeeth??

Assalamu Alaikum:

I would like to ask Br Mabsoot or Thariq,whether a Muslim with knowledge that is sufficient to practice Deen of Allah,should try to go to Hadith books or remain passive with regards to reading Hadith books?.

Regards.

There is nothing wrong with reading books of Hadeeth, rather this is something beneficial and is of more benefit if he reads it with an explanation like Fath al-Baari (for Saheeh al-Bukhaari) or Sharh al-Nawawi (for Saheeh Muslim).. both available in arabic at the moment.

If someone is confused with a hadeeth, then he should refer to the explanations of the scholars of that hadeeth rather than coming to his own conclusions and this is where a lot of people err in. Especially in India, where people claim Tawheed, Qur'aan and Sunnah... take Bukhaari, Muslim and even the Qur'aan (they take the translated versions of all of these not even the arabic version)- take a hadeeth or an ayah and give a ruling based on it and cause big arguements without even understanding it properly. And this happens in my very town in India.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Br Thariq.

Thanks for your reply.Usually Imams at our Masjid are from Umrabad in south India and they are well versed in Arabic (both Hadiths and Quran) and every time they quote a Hadith whether during Jummah sermon or after daily Ishaa prayer,they quote it in Arabic and than only translate in Hindi/Urdu.

I have learnt many things about Salat with authentic references and interpretations from TTI,and I think I may take a step to guide our brothers at Ahle-Hadith Masjid to pray more accurate than before. I will welcome if you could provide me a comprehensive guide to Salat based on references,as our brothers accept nothing but based on references.

Hope I do not exaggerate.

May Allah bless you.

Regards.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu Alaikum: Br Thariq.

Thanks for your reply.Usually Imams at our Masjid are from Umrabad in south India and they are well versed in Arabic (both Hadiths and Quran) and every time they quote a Hadith whether during Jummah sermon or after daily Ishaa prayer,they quote it in Arabic and than only translate in Hindi/Urdu.

I have learnt many things about Salat with authentic references and interpretations from TTI,and I think I may take a step to guide our brothers at Ahle-Hadith Masjid to pray more accurate than before. I will welcome if you could provide me a comprehensive guide to Salat based on references,as our brothers accept nothing but based on references.

Hope I do not exaggerate.

May Allah bless you.

Regards.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Yes Umrabad!!! That is the very place I have heard about.

What do you mean by guide the brothers to pray more accurate than before? I would not advise you to do this, especially in india. I would first advise you to properly seek knowledge before you go out to the people, and also call them towards more important issues than very minor fiqhi matters in Salaah. I don't know about your part of India, but in south India those who claim Qur'aan, Sunnah, Tawheed etc have many problems in their `Aqeedah and Manhaj.

And indians are people (no offense to you brother sachin, I am from India too) love to debate and talk too much, and this will only result in you wasting time with them- and I only talk from general experience here. I don't know how much your Ahl al-Hadeeth masjid actually sticks to the manhaj of Ahl al-Hadeeth as in India its all about names and dishing out words but no action.

Thus, I ask you to seek knowledge and you will know once you're ready to go to the people.

With regards to writing a comprehensive guide to Salaah: There are many books available in english that does justice to this topic, and is way better than anything I can ever write. We have Shaykh al-Albaanee's book, which is a wonderful piece of book :)