FUNNY BUT HONEST QUESTION?

hamdulliah

Im always wondering and thinking Was ProphetAdam a caveman? I ask because when they talk about first people on earth we call em cavemen And the pen is in the quran was that for Prophet Adam or prophet Mohammed saws? just thinking? Im not trying to be funny but think about how they show how cavemen looked maybe its not true.

auroran

:salam2:

Adam alayhis salaam was not a caveman, if you meant the kind that spoke like "Euh" and had a club in his hand! In fact he was smart, he gave a name to everything he saw.

hamdulliah

so we should say that cavemen didnt exist correct im not mocking but i thought it was a good question just like evaloution isnt true

Ahsen

Why does it matters how he looked?We are talking about your and mine grand grand grand father here.

auroran

Allaah knows best if there were men back then who actually had clubs and lived in caves.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam 'Aleikum,

There are no silly or dumb question =)

Islam rejects and denies any support to the so-called evolution theory. So, no Prophet Adam was Not some sort of weird looking monkey who lived in a funny cave. In the Qur'an, Allaah [swt] tells us that He created Adam 'aleihi salaam with His own Hands and that He gave him his soul. In a hadith, we are told about the size of prophet Adam, so he was human, no doubt regarding this.

In response to sister auroran, you're right but Adam didn't just know the names of everything by himself but in fact, Allaah [swt] taught Adam the names of everything (refer back to beginning of Surah Baqarah for the ayah)

Hope this clarifies a bit inshAllaah.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalam 'Aleikum,

There are no silly or dumb question =)

Islam rejects and denies any support to the so-called evolution theory. So, no Prophet Adam was Not some sort of weird looking monkey who lived in a funny cave. In the Qur'an, Allaah [swt] tells us that He created Adam 'aleihi salaam with His own Hands and that He gave him his soul. In a hadith, we are told about the size of prophet Adam, so he was human, no doubt regarding this.

In response to sister auroran, you're right but Adam didn't just know the names of everything by himself but in fact, Allaah [swt] taught Adam the names of everything (refer back to beginning of Surah Baqarah for the ayah)

Hope this clarifies a bit inshAllaah.

A caveman was a primitive human being who dwelled in caves and lived on the most basic of needs. We're talking a LONG time ago. Before houses, before so many basic cognitive concepts. Before the wheel!

Honestly, yes he was most probably a caveman.

Cavemen were not monkeys. Even by Darwin's theory, Cavemen were already homo sapiens (humans) by the time cavemen were around.

I'd like to redirect people to this article on Islam and Evolution.
http://invitation2learn.wordpress.com/2007/12/17/islam-and-the-theory-of-evolution/

Just because we're Muslims does not mean we should be ignorant to science. Humans in the day of Adam were far different in appearance and cognitive ability than we are today. We cannot ignore this fact.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Allaahu A'lam ukhti, this is a slippery area.

In the Qur'an, our prime source, we are told that for example the people of Saleeh 'aleihi salaam had the most beautiful and strongest of 'houses' and they used to make their 'houses' in the mountains ect.. and they lived ages ago too.

In Surah A'raaf, Allaah [swt] says:

73. And to Thamûd (people, We sent) their brother Sâlih (Saleh). He said: "O my people! Worship Allâh! You have no other Ilâh (God) but Him. (Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh: none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh). Indeed there has come to you a clear sign (the miracle of the coming out of a huge she*!camel from the midst of a rock) from your Lord. This she*!camel of Allâh is a sign unto you; so you leave her to graze in Allâh's earth, and touch her not with harm, lest a painful torment should seize you.

74. "And remember when He made you successors after 'Ad (people) and gave you habitations in the land, you build for yourselves palaces in plains, and carve out homes in the mountains. So remember the graces (bestowed upon you) from Allâh, and do not go about making mischief on the earth."

Now, obviously, I am not trying to say that their houses were in any way similar to ours but I'm against the thought that previous nations were living in caves and were not abilitated to act like humans. This is an influence, an evil influence from whatever we've learnt in schools or elsewhere that have impacted on our beliefs without us even realising sometimes.

Allaah [swt] says 'buyuutan' = houses, not caves, not holes ect.. I base my belief on the words of the Creator, now if you have any other evidence to support your initial claim, please do bring it forth.

Honestly, yes he was most probably a caveman

Why would a prophet be a caveman?
It contradicts the narrations that we have regarding Adam 'aleihi salaam if we say that he was a primitive 'human' knowing that that would also mean that he was not able to express himself clearly, or was funny looking or anything the word 'primitive' implies and that is incorrect .

ps: hey sis, you forgot to give me my right? ;) Assalam 'Aleiki waRahmatullaahi waBarakatuh

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Allaahu A'lam ukhti, this is a slippery area.

In the Qur'an, our prime source, we are told that for example the people of Saleeh 'aleihi salaam had the most beautiful and strongest of 'houses' and they used to make their 'houses' in the mountains ect.. and they lived ages ago too.

In Surah A'raaf, Allaah [swt] says:

73. And to Thamûd (people, We sent) their brother Sâlih (Saleh). He said: "O my people! Worship Allâh! You have no other Ilâh (God) but Him. (Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh: none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh). Indeed there has come to you a clear sign (the miracle of the coming out of a huge she*!camel from the midst of a rock) from your Lord. This she*!camel of Allâh is a sign unto you; so you leave her to graze in Allâh's earth, and touch her not with harm, lest a painful torment should seize you.

74. "And remember when He made you successors after 'Ad (people) and gave you habitations in the land, you build for yourselves palaces in plains, and carve out homes in the mountains. So remember the graces (bestowed upon you) from Allâh, and do not go about making mischief on the earth."

Now, obviously, I am not trying to say that their houses were in any way similar to ours but I'm against the thought that previous nations were living in caves and were not abilitated to act like humans. This is an influence, an evil influence from whatever we've learnt in schools or elsewhere that have impacted on our beliefs without us even realising sometimes.

Allaah [swt] says 'buyuutan' = houses, not caves, not holes ect.. I base my belief on the words of the Creator, now if you have any other evidence to support your initial claim, please do bring it forth.

Why would a prophet be a caveman?
It contradicts the narrations that we have regarding Adam 'aleihi salaam if we say that he was a primitive 'human' knowing that that would also mean that he was not able to express himself clearly, or was funny looking or anything the word 'primitive' implies and that is incorrect .

ps: hey sis, you forgot to give me my right? ;) Assalam 'Aleiki waRahmatullaahi waBarakatuh

Being primitive and living in a cave is not a bad thing. People had to have shelter then, and their cognitive abilities were not to our standard. We learned.

Thats whats so amazing about humans. To think in the dawn of our existence we knew nothing. Allah subhana wa tala in all of his compassion gave us this amazing brain which had ideas and thoughts and grew. And now we have towers as tall as the sky, we can go to the depths of the ocean and do all sorts of amazing things through Allah.

I dont think its propoganda that people once lived in caves. Even our beloved Prophet (sallalau alayhi wa selam)'s time, they lived in Mud shacks. What do you suppose came before that? They weren't just born knowing how to build mud shacks.

Just like no one lives in them now. Our cognitive ability of shelter has changed, grown. We live in brick, wood, metal, stone..all sorts of houses.

Just because it proposes an idea of cognitive evolution, you deny it. I dont understand why.

:wasalam:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Hi,

What we consider "caves" in today's language was probably considered a place of habitat back in the early days. And yes, you're right that adaptation skills change and evolve with time.

Anyways, that is a generation that has passed by, they shall get what they earned and we shall get what we earned. Not point in dwelling over this but it sort of tickles me to read that Adam 'aleihi salaam was a caveman- with all that the word implies.

As for the thread initiator, could you explain your second question?

masihuddin

All knowledge belongs to Allah S.W.T.except that which He revealed to his servants We have been told that Adam A.S.was the first intelligent homosapien who was given the ability to talk and undrestand The rest is all conjectures

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

In the Holy Quran we are given references to the simple and primitive peoples. ( sorry for the word primitive ). We are told one of men Allah gave knowledge to left them alone. Common sense thus tells us there were people who lived a simple life. Why could the cave man not be one of those of ignorance. Light had not come to them. Thus, we leave it be.

I saw the use of the word cognitive evolution. Be careful with that. This is a step sister of eugenics. Besides it makes no sense. Are you telling me we have wiser men than Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Solomon and our beloved Prophet. May Allah be pleased with them.

We are adaptable. We are not more intelligent. That is a theory and an evil one at that. If we think it through the man who defends this admits he is more stupid than his kids..so there is no wisdom left.

We have to hold on to wisdom. And we find wisdom in the Quran.

muslimshabs

Asalamu alaikum...

لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ فِي أَحْسَنِ تَقْوِيمٍ
We have certainly created man in the best of stature;(95:4)

Now this verse is enough to know that the man was in the best form and shape. neither He was an ape nor an ape like human. As human form is better than ape form...

Allah created Adam and make him to learn the name of everthing... but then Man forget everything... when we find a new species or new thing we give it a name, thats in the nature of man. so we are just exploring things which we have been fed already.

one more thing , It has been mentioned in hadith... prophet Mohammad :saw: said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall....." People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation"...

But probably the Adam might had been in the different form...
Prophet Mohammad :saw: said, "So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day."

Or Might be Adam (A.S) was in the best form better than us...:lol:

fagie

in this modern age of technologies.... there still exist some lost tribe in remote jungle that lives in a very primitive life.
So it is not strange for people to lives in cave and use primitive tools.