Ask help to Rasool (Sa)

MOIDU

Assalamu alaikkum
Dear brothers and sisters,

I want your help. Yesterday one of my friend told me we can ask help to Rasool(sa), that is allowed in Islam. I asked him that is a big shirk in islam, but he is telling there are some evidence.
1. Imaam Abu haneefa has mentioned in his “Fathahul qatheer al-hidaaya" we can ask help to Rasool(sa) and he did it when he visited madina.

2. Imaam Nawawi also has mntioned in his “Sharahul muhaddab”

Moreover he told me one Sahaaba (Bilaalu binu haris) asked help to Rasool (sa) to get rain. It was happened in the time of Umar(ra)’s ruling, Umar(ra) was not objected it,
It has reported in Ibnu Abee shaiba in his Musannaf, . As per Ibnu katheer in his Al bidaayath vannihaaya (2/55) has reported this is sahee and Ibnu hajar(ra) also reported this is sahee in his Fathahul baari (2/575).

If anybody know about it please tell me true. My friend is a soofi believer but he is debating with above proof. Actually I don’t know any of above books.

Expect your responds

auroran

:salam2:

Insha' Allaah someone knowledgeable will answer but obviously calling on someone who is dead will not help you. You can send blessing on the Prophet :saw: and give salaams and he responds back, but he can't help you and your problems. Also you shouldn't listen to what the people of the deviated sect's arguments are.

MOIDU

wa alaikkuma salaam,
Thanks for responds and advice,,Jazaakallahu khairun.
I hope some body will clarify to above topic.

auroran

All you have to do is some research. Insha' Allaah you will find the answer, as I did. It's the answer to the man calling upon the Messenger of Allaah :saw:. I found it on another forum and I will copy and paste it here insha' Allaah.

The brother most probably does not know Arabic, let alone science of hadeeth, not to mention tawheed which is why he said to you what he said.

Ibn Hajar, in the quote you provided, never states that this is an evidence for seeking help from the dead. How could he, when this is the deen of the pagans?!

The paragraph above is reconciling the chapter heading with the narration al-Bukhari mentions because some said that the narration does not correspond with the chapter heading. So Ibn Hajar is proving that the origin of the narration clearly corresponds with the chapter, and to that end he brings many narrations about people asking the Imam to make dua for rain.

Amongst the narrations he mentions is the hadeeth of Malik al-Dar and he says concerning it:

وروى ابن أبي شيبة بإسناد صحيح من رواية أبي صالح السمان عن مالك الداري - وكان خازن عمر - قال

"Ibn Abi Shayba narrated with Sahih chain from the narration of Abu Salih b. al-Siman, via Malik al-Dari (which should be Malik al-Dar) - who was the treasurer of 'Umar - who said:"

So here, Ibn Hajar declares the chain to be Sahih upto Abu Salih, excluding Malik al-Dar about whom he says: he was 'umar's treasurer, without saying anything about him in terms of Jarh or Ta'dil.

So this indicates strength of the report from Ibn Abi Shayba to Abu Salih, but weakness thereafter due to the Jahala of Malik al-Dar and the person to see the dream (i.e. 2 majhuls)

He then says:

، وقد روى سيف في الفتوح أن الذي رأى المنام المذكور هو بلال بن الحارث المزني أحد الصحابة

"Sayf narrated in al-Futuh that the one mentioned who saw the dream was Bilal b. al-Harith al-Muzani, one of the Companions"

Even here, Ibn Hajar does not comment, either negatively or positively, on whether or not Sayf's narration is correct.

In fact, Ibn Hajar himself in his Taqrib declares Sayf b. 'Umar to be weak (dha'if), and Shu'ayb al-Arna'ut corrects Ibn hajar and says: in fact he is matruk, and not just dha'if. Ibn Hibban even went as far as saying he was accused of zandaqa!

So the bottom line is, Ibn Hajar does not declare te whole incident to be authentic. Rather, he only considers the chain up to Abu Salih to be Sahih.

MOIDU

wa alaikkuma salaam.
Dear sister,
I am clear above, but what about imaam Abu haneefa and Nawawi? Is there anything have mentioned in their books about it?

jazaakallahu khairun

Idris16

I strongly advice you to watch the lectures ''Wahhabism'', ''Tawassul'' and ''Sufism'' by brother Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari - Onewaytoparadise is his YT channel.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum wa'Rahmatullaah,

Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) is the One and Only we should beseech to remove our difficulties and improve our position.

Look at what Allah the Almighty says (and what we recite in our prayers):

"You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

(Qur'aan, 01:05)

Say (O Muhammad :saw:) "Call upon those whom you assert (to be associate gods) besides Allah, they possess not even the weight of an atom (or a small ant), either in the heavens or on the earth, nor have they any share in either, nor there is for Him any supporter from among them.

(Qur'aan 34: 22)

...Such is Allah your Lord; His is the kingdom. And those, whom you invoke or call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qtimir (the thin membrane over the date¬stone).

If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad :saw:) like Him Who is the All¬Knower (of everything).

(Qur'aan, 35: 13-14)

Say (O Muhammad :saw:): "Tell me or inform me (what) do you think about your (so¬called) partner¬gods to whom you call upon besides Allah? Show me, what they have created of the earth? Or have they any share in the heavens? Or have We given them a Book, so that they act on clear proof there from? Nay, the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers) promise one another nothing but delusions."

(Qur'aan, 35: 40)

"And those whom you call upon besides Him (Allah) cannot help you nor can they help themselves."

(Qur'aan, 07: 197)

...And those whom they (polytheists and disbelievers) invoke, answer them no more than one who stretches forth his hand (at the edge of a deep well) for water to reach his mouth, but it reaches him not...

(Qur'aan, 13: 14)

...and besides Allah you have neither any Wali (guardian or a protector helper) nor any helper.

(Qur'aan, 42: 31)

...Say: "Tell me then, the things that you invoke besides Allah, if Allah intended some harm for me, could they remove His harm, or if He (Allah) intended some mercy for me, could they withhold His Mercy?"...

(Qur'aan, 39: 38)

Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any ilah (god) with Allah? Little is that you remember!

(Qur'aan, 27: 62)

Verily, those whom you call upon besides Allah are slaves like you. So call upon them and let them answer you if you are truthful.

(Qur'aan, 7: 194)

...Say: "Have you then taken (for worship) awliyâ' (protectors) other than Him, such as have no power either for benefit or for harm to themselves?"

(Qur'aan, 13: 16)

They (all those who worship others than Allah) invoke nothing but female deities besides Him (Allah), and they invoke nothing but Shaytaan (Satan), a persistent rebel!

(Qur'aan, 4: 117)

And who is more astray than one who calls on (invokes) besides Allah, such as will not answer him till the Day of Resurrection, and who are (even) unaware of their calls (invocations) to them?

(Qur'aan, 46: 5)

It is clear only Allah (the Almighty) can remove difficulties, therefore we should beseech Him Alone and Fear Him as He should be feared.

Do they attribute as partners to Allah those who created nothing but they themselves are created?

No help can they give them, nor can they help themselves.

And if you call them to guidance, they follow you not. It is the same for you whether you call them or you keep silent.

Verily, those whom you call upon besides Allah are slaves like you. So call upon them and let them answer you if you are truthful.

Have they feet wherewith they walk? Or have they hands wherewith they hold? Or have they eyes wherewith they see? Or have they ears wherewith they hear? Say (O Muhammad
:saw:): "Call your (so-called) partners (of Allah) and then plot against me, and give me no respite!

"Verily, my Wali (Protector, Supporter, and Helper, etc.) is Allah Who has revealed the Book (the Qur'aan), and He protects (supports and helps) the righteous.

"And those whom you call upon besides Him (Allah) cannot help you nor can they help themselves."

And if you call them to guidance, they hear not and you will see them looking at you, yet they see not.

(Qur'aan, 07: 191-198)

Please refer to the attached PDF 'A Concise Commentary on the Book of Tawhid' by Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan. Please check chapter 14 Helpless Partners Ascribed to Allah (pg. 145) and generally the whole book. Below is an excerpt that I posted in a separate thread:

Allah, Exalted be He, says:

"Do they associate with Him those who create nothing and they are (themselves) created? - And they (i.e., the false deities) are unable to (give) them help, nor can they help themselves?'

(Qur'an Al-A'raf: 191, 192)

Relevance of the Chapter to the Book of Tawhid

In this chapter, the author tackles the legal proofs of the prohibition of all acts of polytheism and the state of those invoked besides Allah. No doubt, such clear-cut proofs attest to monotheism.

Keywords and Phrases

Do they associate with Him those who create nothing and they are (themselves) created? The question is introduced in the form of a reprimand. Thus, Allah rebukes those who associate partners with Him.

Those who create nothing: Any creature taken as a deity though it neither creates nor deserves to be worshipped.

And they are (themselves) created: Those deities worshipped besides Allah are created, and a created being can never be set up as a rival to the Creator.

Nor can they help themselves: Such false deities are powerless to guard themselves against any imminent harm, and therefore, they cannot be helpful to others.

General Meaning of the Qur'anic Verses

Allah, Glorified be He, rebukes the polytheists for ascribing to Him partners that cannot create anything. Neither do these false deities have any attributes that may render them worthy of worship, nor can they guard those invoking them against any destined harm. Also they cannot guard themselves against any harm. Therefore, invoking such false deities is null and void, for a created being is by no means a rival to the Creator, and a helpless being is by no means a rival to the Omnipotent (i.e. Allah) who dominates the whole universe.

Lessons Drawn from the Qur'anic Verses

The Qur'anic verses invalidate polytheism since they imply attachment to impotent and incapable creatures.

Only the Creator is worthy of worship.

The Oneness of Allah's Lordship is a clear-cut proof of the Oneness of His Divinity.

It is permissible to argue with the polytheists in order to support truth and confute falsehood.

Question

Does the Prophet :saw: hear every invocation and call made to him at his noble grave, specially blessings, when a person sends blessings upon him, as it is stated in the Hadith:

"Whoever sends blessings upon my grave, I hear him...

- up to the end of the Hadith. Is this authentic, or weak or a lie upon the Messenger
:saw:.

Answer

Generally speaking, the dead cannot hear any call from the living from among the sons of Adam, nor can they hear their supplications, as Allah, the Most High says:

But you cannot make hear those who are in the graves.

(Qur’aan, 35: 22)

There is no evidence in the Book (of Allah) and the authentic Sunnah to show that the Prophet hears every supplication or call from mankind and that it is something special for him. All that has been established from him is that the prayers for him, and salutations of peace which a person sends to him reach him. Whether the one who does so is at his grave or far from it, it is the same; this has been proven by the narration of 'Ali bin Al-Husain bin 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, which states that he saw a man going to a gap in the grave of the Prophet :saw:, entering it and supplicating; he stopped him from doing so, saying:

"Shall I not tell you of a Hadith which I heard from my father, on the authority of my grandfather, on the authority of the Messenger of Allah that he said:

Do not take my grave as a place of celebration, nor your houses as graves, but send salutations upon me, for verily, your salutations are conveyed to me, wherever you may be.

(Ahmad, 2: 367)

As for the Hadith:

“Whoever sends prayers upon me at my grave, I hear him; and whoever sends prayers upon me from afar, I will reach him.

- it is a weak Hadith, according to the scholars. As for what was narrated by Abu Dawud, with a Hasan chain of narrators, on the authority of Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, which states that the Prophet :saw: said:

“Whenever anyone sends salutations of peace upon me, Allah returns my soul so that I may return the salutations to him.”

It is does not mean that he hears the salutations of the Muslim; instead, it is likely that he replies when the angels convey the greeting to him. Even if we said that he hears the salutations, it does not follow that he hears other words of supplication or calls.

The Permanent Committee

(Fatawa Islamiyah, Volume 1, Creed).

Question

Is calling upon the Prophet :saw: or invoking him in times of need and seeking his help from calamities and misfortunes, from near - I mean, from his grave - or far, an ugly Shirk, or not?

Answer

Invoking the Prophet :saw:, calling upon him and seeking his help after his death in times of need and in search of relief from hardships is major Shirk, which removes a person from the fold of Islam, whether it is done near his grave or far from it, such as saying: "O Messenger of Allah! Cure me." Or: "return my lost property." etc.

The Permanent Committee

Attachments

• Concise Commentary on the Book of Tawhid.pdf
    21 MB · Views: 60

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum WarahmatullahI Wabarakatu

Here are words of Imam Aboo Haneefah

Imaam Aboo Haneefah said:

“It is detested that he (the supplicator) says, ‘By the Right of Your creation’.” ( Sharh Al-Fiqh Al-Akbar, p. 198)

Imaam Aboo Haneefah said:

It is detested (hated) for the supplicator to say, ‘I ask You by the right of so and so,’ or, ‘By the right of Your Prophets and Messengers,’ or, ‘By the right of the Sacred (Holy) House and the Sacred Sanctuary.’ (Sharhul ‘Aqeedatit Tahaawiyyah, p. 234)

Beware of these Soofees they are masters of fabricating and misinterpreting even if you show this the next thing they would produce proof of Imam Ahmed and Imam Shafee which they take out of context.

Read this for more info http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6953

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
when you send salaams to the Holy Prophet SAWAS he responds.
Agreed.Alhamdulillah.

The general belief is that prophets do not die.

Proof???? Brother, you simply cannot say it is GENERAL BELIEF.
may Allah increase us both in knowledge and guide us to what is truth and beneficial.

I heard that a sheikh asked the question to one who believed that prophet SAWS is alive, i'm asking you the same question, "if he salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam is alive(in the same term as you and I being alive), then why isn't he leading the prayers at Masjid un Nabawi????"

anyway. The answer to the main question is already provided by the members. Jazak Allahu khyir.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

I failed to include this in my previous post:

Question

Regarding the life of the Prophet :saw: was the Prophet alive in his noble grave through the return of his soul to his body, as in the physical life of this world, or alive in the highest heaven, living the life of the Hereafter in Al-Barzakh (The interval between the present life and that which is to come . The condition of the believers is one of undisturbed rest , while that of the unbelievers is one of torment) ,without discomfort, as the Prophet :saw: said, when death approached him:

O Allah, with the Highest Companion.

And is his enlightened body now as it was when it was placed in his grave, without a soul, while his soul is in the highest heaven? And is the joining of the soul and the body waiting upon the Day of Resurrection, when, as Allah, the Most High says:

And when the souls shall be joined (with their bodies).

(Qur’aan 81: 7)

Answer

Our Prophet, Muhammad :saw;, is alive in his grave, living the life of Al-Barzakh, where he is enjoying the ease and comfort which Allah has prepared for him, as a fitting reward for that which he earned in the life of this world. But his soul has not returned to him, that he may live as he did in this world, nor does it connect with him in the grave, so that he lives as he will on the Day of Resurrection. Rather, it is the life of Al-Barzakh, which is something between the life he lived in this world and the life of the Hereafter. Based upon this, it is clear that he died, just as the Prophets before him and others died, apart from Isa, upon him be peace, who will descend at the end of time, after which he will die. Allah, the Most High says:

And We granted not to any human being immortality before you (O Muhammad :saw:). Then if you die, would they live forever?

(Qur’aan, 21: 34)

And He says:

Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And the Face of your Lord, full of Majesty and Honour will abide forever.

(Qur’aan, 55: 26-27)

And He says:

Verily, you (O Muhammad :saw:) will die and verily, they (too) will die.

(Qur’aan, 39: 30)

- and other such examples among the Verses which prove that Allah brought death to him. And because the Companions washed him and prayed over him and buried him. Had he been alive, as in the life of this world, they would not have treated him as they treated others who died.
Fatimah, may Allah be pleased with her, requested her inheritance from her father :saw:, because she believed him to be dead, and none of the Companions contradicted her in this belief. Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him, answered her, saying that the Prophets are not inherited from. The Companions agreed upon the choice of the caliph of the Muslims who would succeed him, which resulted in the choosing of Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him, as caliph. Had he been alive, as he was in the life of this world, they would not have done so. There was, therefore consensus among them as to his death. When the trials and problems proliferated during the rule of `Uthman and `Ali, may Allah be pleased with them both, before and after this, they did not go to his grave in order to ask for his advice, or for a way out of these trials and problems, or the path to follow in order to find a solution to them. If he had been alive, as he was in the life of this world, they would not have neglected to do this, when they were in need of one who could lead them out of the trials which they experienced.

The Permanent Committee

(Fatawa Islamiyah, Vol. 1, Creed)