Hi, New Here

britwill

Hi everyone,
My name is Brittany, and I am from the USA. I have recently started exploring Islam because my boyfriend of a few years practices it. I found this site a few days ago, and I am interested in learning more about Islam, and the possibility of reverting at some point, once I feel I am ready.
I am excited to be a part of this forum, and learn more about the religion.
Brittany

salahdin

Hi and welcome to tti may ALLAH guide you to the truth.

21) He is Allah, than Whom there is no other God, the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible. He is the Beneficent, Merciful. (22) He is Allah, than Whom there is no other God, the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One, Peace, the Keeper of Faith, the Guardian, the Majestic, the Compeller, the Superb. Glorified be Allah from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him). (23) He is Allah, the Creator, the Shaper out of naught, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (24) 59:21-24

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Hi and welcome to this site dear Britanny:hijabi:

May Allah subhan wa teala guide you toward truth, and there is no other and better guider than Him.

There are many good and benefical Islamic threads here, where you can learn a loot about our deen Islam mashallah.

And do not forget to make dua to Allah deep from your heart to guide you and learn about Islam step by step, from Quran and Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam.

You are most welcome here,and if you have any questions please do not hestitate to ask brothers and sisters here for advice or help.

May Allah bless you and guide you to Islam. Ameen

:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2: Assalam-o-alikum,

Welcome sister Brittany,
(You are not that singer Brittany - are you?) ... Just kidding. :lol:

This is good forum to learn about Islam. We have a lot of good learned people here as well and they can answer nearly all of your questions, specially if they are on-line.

You can also find here revert brothers and siters from all over the world, and they can also provide you answers from their perspective and experience when they reverted.

Remember... We all love you and we are all very happy that you are here giving us a chance to help you in learning about Islam.

See you around. InshaAllah.

Wassalam. :wasalam:

mahaseeb

Asalamualikum.
Welcom to TTI.This is wonderful site where you can lear a lot about islam and clear any misconceptions about islam if you have any..
May allah guide you ... ameen
Take care
Abdul Haseeb

britwill

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and for welcoming me. A little more about myself. My boyfriend is originally from Iran, and his entire family still lives there. We are thinking of getting married but he does want to move back there, and his parents would like him to be married to a women of the same religion. So right now it would be kind of hard for us to do it, but I have started reading a little bit about Islam, and am definitely interested. I grew up Catholic, but have always had some questions about it. I just would like to know, what I need to do to revert. I know mostly but any tips you have would be greatly appreciated, and also what would it be like for an American married to and Iranian living over there. I apologize because I know it's a lot of questions but I really am interested just a little unsure at this point.
Thanks

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Hi everyone,
My name is Brittany, and I am from the USA. I have recently started exploring Islam because my boyfriend of a few years practices it. I found this site a few days ago, and I am interested in learning more about Islam, and the possibility of reverting at some point, once I feel I am ready.
I am excited to be a part of this forum, and learn more about the religion.
Brittany

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:salam2:
To
All My brothers and sisters in Islam.

Hi:SMILY259:
hello there.
:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:
Welcome
To TTI
Ms Brittany.
So Glad to have you with us.

See you around.
Take care!
~Bye :)

britwill

I wanted you to all know I talked to my boyfriend for the first time about possibly reverting, and we agreed I try to learn more about Islam, before I fully commit. Any more advice anyone may have is greatly welcomed. Thank you all in advance.
Brittany

OsMaN_93

Here to help
I wanted you to all know I talked to my boyfriend for the first time about possibly reverting, and we agreed I try to learn more about Islam, before I fully commit. Any more advice anyone may have is greatly welcomed. Thank you all in advance.
Brittany
salam alikom,

Welcome! I think you should try to read some of the hundreds of stories posted by converts and how they came to Islam on this forum,, there's a lot of sticky threads about it. Regarding to your boyfriend story, you must make sure that you're doing this for Allah, your creator, and not to be accepted by his family or him, I doubt that's the case but I wanted you to be aware of this because it has serious consequences.

You should try your best, and don't be dissapointed if you find it hard at first, especially that Ramadan is coming up; you may see it as a struggle or an opportunity for you to seek more enlightenment and double or triple your deeds etc. Try to read more about Ramadan on ths forum or any other credible website.

Try to avoid websites that are too liberal or too extreme, they cannot be trusted, because the enemies of Islam always try to mislead Muslims. Take everything you read off the Interenet with a grain of salt. A good website that most people on this forum use for sources is www.islamqa.com .

If you need any help with anything post it on this forum and many will help you, Inshallah, or you can contact me if you want and I'll try my best to help you.

Just wondering, how old are you?

wasalam alikom

Wannabemuslim

Al salaam, as for lectures try typing "yousuf estes" on youtube, he was a convert and he knows how to get through to the american mind set. Though some dislike him try looking at Dr nikir Zaics videos

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Brittany

:salam2:
Salam Sister Brittany,

If one understands Quran then one understand Islam. Try this website:
http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html

This website provides explanation of nearly every ayah (verse) of the Quran. Also it has an Intro button. This "Intro" gives the details and background of each Surah (chapter). I like this website and it helped me a lot. Hope you will like and benefit from it too.

My advice is: Please do not convert for the sake of marriage. Convert when you are fully convinced about Islam. Convert for the sake of Allah, who is our creator, and to whome you and me and all of humanity will return and answer for our deeds. Convert to Islam for your own sake, for the sake of salvation in the hereafter.

:wasalam:

britwill

Thanks again for all the advice, and welcomes.
I would honestly be lying if said that my relationship had nothing to do with me wanting to convert. But I honestly am looking for something that I am missing in my life, and I do believe Allah is the answer. Although I grew up Catholic it always felt like something was missing whenever we went to Church, or studied the bible. Since I started reading a little bit about Islam, it seems this does seem right for me. I just feel I need to keep learning more, and more before I am ready to convert, or decide if it is the right decision to convert. I am 24 years old for those of you wondering. Thank you all again for such a warm welcoming.
Brittany

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Hello,

welcome to the forum!

I grew up as a Catholic too, and lots of things about my 'old' religion I've learnt them once I've become Muslim alhamdulillah and with them, lots of things nobody ever told me about my religion, subhanaAllah!

You met Islam through your boyfriend, it's Allah's will. It could have been a friend, the neighbour, the collegue at work and so on. Allah has decided so. Also, I would like to ask you, what do you know about Islam at the moment?

take care

britwill

Hi,
To be honest I do not know a whole lot at the moment. I recently just started talking with my boyfriend about Islam, and have learned about Muhammad, and a few of the basic beliefs. It just seems like so much to learn at times. How hard was it for you to convert after growing up Catholic?
Brittany

britwill

Hi again everyone,
I will try to keep you all updated as much as possible, but might have a tough time posting a lot during the week. If I don't respond to you right away, its not because I'm ignoring you, just will be busy during the week. Just letting you know in advance. I also wanted to thank everyone again for being so welcoming, and I already have learned so much this weekend from reading through all the links I have been sent, so thank you so much. I will be doing research every night so anything else you think would be helpful would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Brittany

brmm

I just would like to know, what I need to do to revert.

What you need to do ((first)) is that to ask your self: would I consider reverting to Islam if my boy friend is not exists?
If the answer is No, then you don't need to revert.

We are here to try to help any one but not to lie to him/her.

In Islam we don't have boyfriends/girlfriends, so how you call your man a Muslim and a boyfriend in the same time?

Iran, for sure, is not the safest place for the American people even the Muslim ones.

Another thing, Iran had about 60% of Shiites and around 40% of Sunni Muslims in 1979, when the Khomaini religious leader came to power in that year he forced all the people to be Shiites and follow his thinking. Most of the Muslim population in the world don't agree with his way, and thats why you can see always the Arabic Islamic countries and Iran have problems between each other because of religious differences.
The Shiites are almost like the Catholic who choose a man to be their religious leader and follow him in every thing and believe every thing he would say or do and consider him as a divine person and that he would not make any mistake. Thats why they call those people by "Ayato Allah" which it means the Miracle of Allah.
While the Sunni Muslims don't have this. They follow what their religious leaders agreed on (in General) according to the Holy Quran and Sunna (Way of the prophet Mohammed PBUH), it called in Islam (Umma's opinion). Sunni Muslims don't have holly people because every one can make a mistake.
There are major differences between the two sects.

I wish this was helpful for you so far, and you are most welcome between us as a non-Muslim or as a Muslim inshallah.

BRMM

hqudrat

welcome to TTI family we are happy to have you here. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala ease the journey for you ameen

please don't hesitate to ask any burning questions you might have the brothers and sisters here will be willing to answer your questions

in the meantime, enjoy your stay here sister.
take care

:SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259: