IMPORTANT QUESTION

karincanay

I AM A REVERTED SISTER LIVING IN MEXICO AND RECENTLY MOVED TO GUADALAJARA CITY.

HERE I FOUND AN ISLAMIC GROUP TO STUDY AND DO SALAH, BUT I WHENT THERE TO SEE THE PLACE AND I FOUND OUT THAT WOMEN AND MAN PERFORM SALAH TOGETHER. AND THEY DO THE PRAY THERE ONLY FRIDAY FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.

I HAVE TO SAY THAT GUADALAJARA CITY AND MEXICO CITY DON´T HAVE MOSQUES WE DO GROUPS AND FIND PLACES WHERE WE CAN DO SALAH AND STUDY LIKE HOUSES OR OFFICE PLACES.
CAN THIS BE AN EXCUSE TO PERFORM IT TOGETHER ?

IN THE PLACE I USED TO GO BEFORE IN MEXICO CITY WE USED TO MAKE SALAH IN A DIFFERENT ROOM THAN MEN AND AS FAR AS I KNOW WOMEN CAN ONLY DO SALAH WITH MEN THAT ARE FAMILY MEMBERS.

AND WHAT ABOUT FRIDAY SALAH?? IS IT CORRECT FOR WOMEN GO TO THE MOSQUE THIS DAY ??

AND CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE WHERE TO FIND THIS IN QUR'AN OR HADIT

THANKS FOR ANY HELP BROTHERS AND SISTERS

:salam2:

auroran

Alhamdulillaah Allaah azza wa jal has guided you.

Women and men are not allowed to perform Salaat together!!! Why not the women pray at their homes? That is better for them instead. It's not obligatory for a women to go pray in the masjid. Only men. Insha' Allaah ta'aala there can be a masjid in your city.

karincanay

THANK YOU SISTER

THAT IS WHAT I KNEW AND YOUR ADVICE IS I THINK THE BEST I CAN DO BY NOW.

INSHALLAH WE CAN HAVE A MASJID HERE IN A NEAR FUTURE.

THANKS AGAIN

ayesha.ansari

women can perform SALAH in the mosques, there are some conditions of it:

Women should be covered full body,
offering prayer together is not allowed
men and women should be seprate in mosques, in different room
women while should not be visible from outside..

ShyHijabi

Why are people saying that men and women must pray in separate rooms? All accounts I've read states women can pray behind men as they did back in the Prophet's days. Also, there is a hadith that tells men NOT to forbid their women from praying in the mosque.

JenGiove

ShyHijabi said:
Why are people saying that men and women must pray in separate rooms? All accounts I've read states women can pray behind men as they did back in the Prophet's days. Also, there is a hadith that tells men NOT to forbid their women from praying in the mosque.

Sister, you are correct. While a woman's prayer is better for her at home, there is nothing that expresses that she should be prevented from praying at the Masjid. Its all a matter of which is better...for Allah's worship...Mohammad never said "You can not pray in the Mosque"...he only said "It is better for you at home". There is a huge difference in that.

I found this Fatwah..

It is better for a woman to pray in her house than in the mosque

What is the ruling on sisters making salah in public?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Woman should be protected and concealed from men as much as her guardian can do that. The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) preferred for women to pray in their houses and said that their reward for doing so is greater than their reward for praying in the mosque.

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman’s prayer in her room is better than her prayer in her courtyard, and her prayer in her cabinet is better than her prayer in her room.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 570; al-Tirmidhi, 1173. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1/136).

“Her room” refers to a woman’s own room in the house, and “her courtyard” refers to the central area (in a traditional Arabic house), off which all the rooms of the house open.

A cabinet is like a small room inside the large room, in which personal items are stored.

(Commentary from ‘Awn al-Ma’bood).

It was narrated that Umm Humayd the wife of Abu Humayd al-Saa’idi came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I like to pray with you.” He said, “I know that you like to pray with me, but your prayer in your room is better for you than your prayer in your courtyard and your prayer in your courtyard is better for you than your praying in your house, and your prayer in your house is better for you than your prayer in the mosque of your people, and your prayer in the mosque of your people is better for you than your prayer in my mosque.” So she issued orders that a prayer-place be prepared for her in the furthest and darkest part of her house, and she used to pray there until she met Allaah (i.e., died).”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 26550).

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Ibn Khuzaymah in his Saheeh, 3/95; Ibn Maajah, 5/595; al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1/135

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “If the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had lived to see how women have started to behave, he would have prevented them [from going to the mosque] as the women of the Children of Israel were prevented.” I said, to ‘Umrah, “Were they prevented?” He said, “Yes.”​

(al-Bukhaari, 831; Muslim, 445)

‘Abd al-‘Azeem Abaadi said:

The reason why their praying in their homes is better is because it is safer from fitnah or temptation. This was later borne out by the way in which women began to make a wanton display of their adornments, hence ‘Aa’ishah said what she said. (‘Awn al-Ma’bood, 2/193).

Hence women should be careful when praying in public places, or go far away from where men can see them, and should not pray in a public place when the time of prayer comes, unless she has no other place in which to pray.​

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah al-Jibreen said:

With regard to women, their houses are better for them. If they need to pray in the marketplace and there is a place that is screened off, there is nothing wrong with them praying there, in sha Allah.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/333

But what some of the common people say, that a woman’s prayer is invalidated just because a man happens to see her, has no basis in sharee’ah at all. The women used to pray at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in one mosque and he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not rule their prayer to be invalid.​

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Can women pray alongside men with a barrier?
In our town there is a mosque where the women pray alongside the men, but they are separated by a wall. Is this action valid, or must the women pray behind the men?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

If a woman prays alongside a man but there is a barrier between them, such as a wall, or a gap which is wide enough for a person to stand and pray there, then the prayer is valid according to the majority of scholars among the Hanafis, Maalikis, Shaafa’is and Hanbalis, but they differed with regard to a woman who prays beside a man with nothing separating them. The Hanafis are of the view that she invalidates the prayer of three men: one to her right, another to her left and a third behind her, subject to conditions that they mentioned, which may be summed up by saying that if the woman is desirable, has reached the age of seven years or is of marriageable age, with some variations in the madhhab on this point, and she joins in a regular prayer with a man, which includes bowing and prostrating, and they join together simultaneously in the opening takbeer and the prayer, and the imam intended to lead women in prayer, and other details which may be referred to in their books.

See al-Mabsoot (1/183); Badaa’i’ al-Sanaa’i’ (1/239); Tabyeen al-Haqaa’iq (1/136-139).

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, discussing the difference of opinion on this topic and summing up the Hanafi view: If a man prays and there is a woman beside him, that does not invalidate his prayer or hers, whether he is leading the prayer or praying behind an imam. This is our view and it was also the view of Maalik and the majority. Abu Haneefah said: If the woman is not praying or she is offering a different prayer than him and is not praying with him, his prayer and hers are both valid. If she is praying with him – and in Abu Haneefah’s view she cannot be praying with him unless the imam intended to lead the women in prayer too – then if she joins the prayer and stands beside a man, the prayer of the men who are standing on either side of her is invalidated, but her prayer and the prayer of the man who is beside the man who is beside her are not invalidated, because there is a barrier between her and him. If she is in the row in front of him, the prayer of those who are beside her and behind her are invalidated, but the prayer of those who are beside the ones who are beside her is not invalidated, because there is a barrier between them. If the women’s row is behind the imam and there is a row of men behind them, then the prayer of the row behind them is invalidated, but by analogy the prayer of the rows behind that row is not invalidated, because there is a barrier. But we say that the prayer of the rows of men behind them is invalidated, even if there are a hundred rows. If she stands beside the imam, then the prayer of the imam is invalidated, because she is next to him, and his view is that if the prayer of the imam is invalidated, the prayer of those who are praying behind him is also invalidated, and her prayer is also invalidated, because she is one of those who are praying behind him.

This view is based on weak evidence and this argument has no basis. Our view is that the prayer is valid unless there is sound shar’i evidence to prove that it is invalid, and they do not have such proof. Our companions drew an analogy from her standing in the funeral prayer, which is not invalidated in their view. Allaah knows best which is correct, and to Him be all praise. He is the Source of strength, guidance and protection. End quote from al-Majmoo’ (3/331).

But if there is a barrier, the Hanafis agree with the majority that it does not invalidate the prayer of either of them, as it says in Tabyeen al-Haqaa’iq (1/138)

Secondly:

Undoubtedly the Sunnah is for the women’s rows to be behind the men, as was the case at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Al-Bukhaari (380) and Muslim (658) narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that his grandmother Mulaykah invited the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to a meal that she had made for him, and he ate some, then he said: “Get up and let me lead you in prayer.” Anas said: I went and got a reed mat of ours that had become blackened from long use, and sprinkled it with water. Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood, and the orphan and I stood behind him, and the old lady stood behind us, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led us in praying two rak'ahs, then he left.

Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath: This hadeeth teaches us a number of things… that women should stand behind the men’s rows, and a woman should form a row on her own if no other woman is present. End quote.

But if what you describe happens, and a woman is praying alongside men, the prayer is valid, praise be to Allaah.

And Allaah knows best.

IslamQA

auroran

Opps I thought the sister meant men and women were praying beside each other, not men at the front and women at the back.